ADVERTISEMENT

**MLS is Back/ season restart**

Chicago Fire: worst team in the league!
Helluva first half, and Messi must have rubbed off on Alvaro Medran in those El Calisico’s as that long slalom and finish was vintage Leo. :eek: Definitely will be up there with the final Top 10 goals of the year.

Somehow, Atlanta United is clinging desperately to a 1-0 lead over Dallas. This is the best the Five Stripes have looked in months. There's hope? :D

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Helluva first half, and Messi must have rubbed off on Alvaro Medran in those El Calisico’s as that long slalom and finish was vintage Leo. :eek: Definitely will be up there with the final Top 10 goals of the year.

They must only do well when I don't watch. Missed the first half.

Seattle is continuing to play well. At this rate they will have a shot at the Supporters Shield.

LAFC is so confusing. They look terrible, then great, and back again. Throw Atlanta in there as well.

Orlando is the story of the year. Completely shocked by what they have been doing. Is Dwyer out for the year?

Reactions: seminoleed
Seattle is continuing to play well. At this rate they will have a shot at the Supporters Shield.

LAFC is so confusing. They look terrible, then great, and back again. Throw Atlanta in there as well.

Orlando is the story of the year. Completely shocked by what they have been doing. Is Dwyer out for the year?

Dwyer's absence is helping Orlando; more players are getting involved instead of standing around watching to see what he does.

Don't confuse Atlanta's big win last night with being improved; DC United is horrible, and probably would be a midlevel USL team right now. Oh, and Ben Olsen is an idiot. Makes an illegal substitution and yells at the other coach for noticing it.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Dwyer's absence is helping Orlando; more players are getting involved instead of standing around watching to see what he does.

Don't confuse Atlanta's big win last night with being improved; DC United is horrible, and probably would be a midlevel USL team right now. Oh, and Ben Olsen is an idiot. Makes an illegal substitution and yells at the other coach for noticing it.

Man, was rooting so hard for Ben Olsen. I liked him ever since the commercial where his son was buying a Beckham jersey. Atlanta had a win or two other than DC that was okay. However, with the schedule they had playing regional teams should have been cake.

That's why I am even more happy with the Sounders run. The NW is tough.

Philadelphia Union can clinch the Supporters’ Shield, the first major outdoor soccer title for Philly since the 1973 Philadelphia Atoms, against Columbus Crew at 2:30 pm. CT on ABC.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Crew survived the early onslaught from the Union and caught Philly in transition. 1-0...Supporters’ Shield party on hold currently...Union dominating now. Could have had two more immediately after the penalty.

Last edited:
Philly trying to seal the deal, up 1-0 on ABC for Decision Day. Fire clinch if they win and they’re in a wild 3-3 tie early in the 2nd on WGN and ESPN+

EDIT: Philly score again, 2-0. Roofed a cross on the breakaway.

Everything was there for Atlanta United to sneak in, but noooooo, couldn't have that. Talk about a team that underperformed the entire season. :(
Come back and talk to me when Atlanta hasn’t won a playoff game in over a decade, and not won a major trophy in 14 years. Then I’ll sympathize. 😉

Reactions: jaxhawk06
OK...playoff time!!!!

Two games tonight:

New England vs Montreal

Nashville vs Miami

Lots of guys out from International duty and COVID, namely Higuan for Miami.

OK...playoff time!!!!

Two games tonight:

New England vs Montreal

Nashville vs Miami

Lots of guys out from International duty and COVID, namely Higuan for Miami.
Kicking off on FS1 now. Pretty brutal watching two expansion teams, after Chicago blew three straight games (including to Nashville) that let Miami in. I guess I’ll suck it up and be happy for Dax McCarty.

Kicking off on FS1 now. Pretty brutal watching two expansion teams, after Chicago blew three straight games (including to Nashville) that let Miami in. I guess I’ll suck it up and be happy for Dax McCarty.

I hate how much of a joke the Fire are. In a year when almost everyone makes the playoffs, they still find a way to screw it up.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Penalty! ...Though that looks like a dive on replay....

UPDATE: Goal. Damn, Chicago. How did you collapse and let a team like Miami in? Choke job.

Orlando and NYC headed to penalties! Live link (also on Twitter and Unimas)...

EDIT: This PK shootout is WILD!...

Last edited:
Okay, that was the weirdest, wildest, most shambolicly-reffereed penalty shootout I have ever seen. I won't even try to write what all happened down, but it ended justly, with Orlando City moving on, as it had once appeared they had.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT