ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Washington----30 Days in Jail

Not in California...he'll register as a Democrat.

We (all) have probably seen the footage of a young (Black) man pushing a 92 year old woman (White) in NYC recently. Police sources say he's a registered sex offender who has been arrested about 101 times. (Verified data).

Maybe Mo Washington will be for Scott Frost what Pierre Pierce was for Steve ALFRAUD. A career ender.

I still don't understand how Mo the criminal was signed. I thought UN carefully vetted all of the 400 player they offer every year.
I hate to bring facts to this Iowa circle jerk about a former Husker, but Mo was part of Frost's first class that was put together in about 6 weeks. Also, what he did happened after he had signed. Mo was a high risk high reward gamble.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Forgot a couple dozen of ;););););););)
Ya, not sure what you mean. Not trolling. Those are direct quotes from one of the guys who is sort of in the know with the Nebby program. He says he ran into Mo recently and that Mo was in Lincoln taking classes and following the path that was laid out for him to get back on the team. He says his source is Mo Washington himself....... not the Husker Staff....... so he did add that caveat because Mo is not a totally trustworthy source of information. Take that info as you will. Would not be surprising to me in the least.

That's just it...... Nebraska does not function like a Big Ten school. It's all about the Benjamins and the hype machine. How would Nebraska function back in the Big 12 (w/o West Virginia). The B1G's money was the lure and Nebraska's football tradition was the bait. Another losing season with no bowl and Nebraska should have to a cut in its payout. Of course, maybe the Nebraska bag men will just need to increase their payouts to recruits.
There is a great idea. Send the cornholers back to the B12 and we will take West Virginia.

I hate to bring facts to this Iowa circle jerk about a former Husker, but Mo was part of Frost's first class that was put together in about 6 weeks. Also, what he did happened after he had signed. Mo was a high risk high reward gamble.

So what are you doing here? Throwing stones? How many times a day you check this board to see if any thing Nebraska is posted? Aren’t you one that said Iowa wasn’t a rival? You don’t need to answer any of these questions... just leave!

Reactions: kceasthawk

And your here to do what? Throw stones, or be jerk off#?? :rolleyes:

I say let them go to the mountain west and we take Missouri. At least the Tigers know who they are and don’t live life in yesteryear.
You know why kansas is called the Jayhawks? Because Missouri is actually racist

Not sure what those facts indicate. How did they handle it when they were aware? Not running the ball well? Suspension over lol

Reactions: H4wkfan4life
So what are you doing here? Throwing stones? How many times a day you check this board to see if any thing Nebraska is posted? Aren’t you one that said Iowa wasn’t a rival? You don’t need to answer any of these questions... just leave!
On occasion I like mixing it up with a rival fan bases. Poster I replied to posting inaccurate info...I corrected and brought context and took a little jab at Iowa...so?

Check my posting history, it's there to view. I may go months or longer without visiting this board. Depends if I think there'll be any interesting topics. Certainly logged in to view the "racism" claims against Iowa poopshow and this week with Erza committing to Neb.

Iowa is a rival...wasn't me.

I didn't need to, but I wanted to. Seems you guys don't like when someone points out untruths being shared about Neb. It prob ruins y'alls semi.

Not sure what those facts indicate. How did they handle it when they were aware? Not running the ball well? Suspension over lol
Poster I replied to implied Washington wasn't vetted due to Neb making a high number of offers under Frost. However, that is not accurate with Frost's first class which was thrown together in less than 2 months. Frost didn't have 1-2 years to recruit and vet that class. Also, that posted implied when Washington signed he was a criminal. Factually false and I pointed out why. Context and facts should matter even if you are biased.

An arrest warrant was not issued until Feb 2019, after his freshman season. After that was issued, Washington was internally punished that offseason and was suspended for first half of first game while awaiting his time in court which was delayed almost a year.

If you're truly interested in the facts and timeline, read this article. It clearly states Frost was not told the details of the investigation and the lawyer didn't expect criminal charges to be brought. https://www.omaha.com/sports/colleg...cle_5457fc74-cc4a-5785-ad9b-e93d339a0c39.html

Washington was given chances by Frost to turn himself around, but didn't and left the team midseason. Ultimately, he was guilty of a misdemeanor...not a felony.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...enced-to-30-days-in-jail-two-years-probation/

Like I stated prior...Washington was brought in during a transition class and was always a high risk high reward kid. I hope he straightens out his life as he is a talented football player. Losing the structure of a D1 program is prob not going to be good for him.

Nothing you're implying has any facts to back it up. Just a biased Iowa fan's opinion. Maybe Frost's and staff should have made racially charged statements to him to get him in line #theIowaway

Reactions: huskersoup
Oh for Christ Sake, are we supposed to shallow that B.S. that when Lawyer Bruning (LONG TIME HUSKER BOOSTER) after tasked with defending Washington talks to Frost...and DOES NOT reveal the nature of the inquire?

And for that matter....are we supposed to shallow any B.S. timeline printed in the Weird Herald of Omaha?...it's nothing more than Husker's Illustrated posing as a Newspaper. It's usually slanted and purposely set on putting Huskers in a positive light...using every yellow journalism tactic in the book.

Oh for Christ Sake, are we supposed to shallow that B.S. that when Lawyer Bruning (LONG TIME HUSKER BOOSTER) after tasked with defending Washington talks to Frost...and DOES NOT reveal the nature of the inquire?

And for that matter....are we supposed to shallow any B.S. timeline printed in the Weird Herald of Omaha?...it's nothing more than Husker's Illustrated posing as a Newspaper. It's usually slanted and purposely set on putting Huskers in a positive light...using every yellow journalism tactic in the book.
So I'm assuming your have actual proof that disputes the OWH reporting, correct? Proof that the University and Bruning are lying? What specifically is BS about the timeline and what evidence to do you have disputing it?

Seems the OWH article you're slandering is pretty straight forward reporting with no opinion added. Just laying out what was being reported. BTW yellow journalism is journalism based on sensationalism and crude exaggeration. I'm not seeing any of that in the OWH article, but I am seeing a lot of that in your post. Seems more like an Iowa fan crying "fake news" when what is actually reported doesn't fit your biased narrative.

LOL at the OWH being Husker's Illustrated posing as a newspaper...Husker fans would vehemently disagree with that statement. Some of their sports writers get killed by Husker fans for the exact opposite. The running joke is the OWH is an Iowa paper along with Omaha itself.

While the vetting process was short on the surface his HS travels would have made me do a little homework. If I recruit a kid that has been at one HS his entire career and didn’t have any known issues and they turn out to be a problem then the miss is more easily understood. Just Washington’s HS playing career should sparked scrutiny. But if you don’t want to know you aren’t going to make the inquiries. Hopefully Frost learned from how he and the school handled it. No facts to override the public timeline. If you can’t agree that the optics don’t look good and that the timeline doesn’t really seem realistic at a P5 program then we will agree to disagree.
The ‘half’ suspension was a poor effort

Reactions: Buchos
While the vetting process was short on the surface his HS travels would have made me do a little homework. If I recruit a kid that has been at one HS his entire career and didn’t have any known issues and they turn out to be a problem then the miss is more easily understood. Just Washington’s HS playing career should sparked scrutiny. But if you don’t want to know you aren’t going to make the inquiries. Hopefully Frost learned from how he and the school handled it. No facts to override the public timeline. If you can’t agree that the optics don’t look good and that the timeline doesn’t really seem realistic at a P5 program then we will agree to disagree.
The ‘half’ suspension was a poor effort
Of course Frost and staff inquired about Washington, spoke with his coaches, his mentor Deion Sanders, etc in the short time they could. But they didn't have the normal time a staff would have to visit the kid and his family a bunch of times to get to know his character and how it meshes with them and the team. As I stated Washington was always a high risk/high reward kid. Ohio State and Arizona State were also pushing hard for Washington to commit, albeit as a DB.

You can disagree that the game suspension wasn't enough, but that doesn't make you correct and Frost wrong. I don't see any issue with how it was handled. Washington was punished, then given opportunities to straighten himself out and he didn't...so he's gone and prob won't end up anywhere.

I think it is more that it happened BEFORE he played....are you really that slow?

I think it is more that it happened BEFORE he played....are you really that slow?
Read https://www.omaha.com/sports/colleg...cle_5457fc74-cc4a-5785-ad9b-e93d339a0c39.html

Clearly states Frost was not aware of the details of the investigation until after Washington's freshman season. Also, was told by lawyer they didn't expect charges to come of it. Once details were released and charges brought he was disciplined by Frost. It's not a difficult timeline to understand...are you really that slow?

Basically you and other Iowa fans are claiming Frost knew about the incident when the University came out with a statement that he didn't. You have zero evidence to back up your claim. Just a biased opinion. Carry on.

Read https://www.omaha.com/sports/colleg...cle_5457fc74-cc4a-5785-ad9b-e93d339a0c39.html

Clearly states Frost was not aware of the details of the investigation until after Washington's freshman season. Also, was told by lawyer they didn't expect charges to come of it. Once details were released and charges brought he was disciplined by Frost. It's not a difficult timeline to understand...are you really that slow?

Basically you and other Iowa fans are claiming Frost knew about the incident when the University came out with a statement that he didn't. You have zero evidence to back up your claim. Just a biased opinion. Carry on.
Why am I going to read some nonsense some Nebraska writer wrote. The entire country knew he was guilty while he was playing for you. End of story.

Why am I going to read something that proves me wrong. My OPINION is he was guilty while he was playing for you and Neb/Frost knew it. I have nothing left to say since I have no way to factually back any of my claims.
FIFY

BTW the OWH writer covers crime...not sports. Not that it should matter. What you're claiming is tin foil hat worthy.

FIFY

BTW the OWH writer covers crime...not sports. Not that it should matter. What you're claiming is tin foil hat worthy.
The rest of the country knew he'd be in jail and what do you know he ended up there. Guess the opinion of everyone outside of Nebraska was correct

The rest of the country knew he'd be in jail and what do you know he ended up there. Guess the opinion of everyone outside of Nebraska was correct
If you bothered to go back and see the OP I replied to it was claiming Frost knew Washington was a criminal prior to signing...False...then someone claimed Frost knew about the incident prior to his Freshman season...False also. If you feel Frost should have just booted him off the team as soon as charges were filed after his freshman season...fine that's your opinion.

Neb and Frost did disciplined him, but were also going to let him have his day in court before making any final decisions on his status with the team. Ultimately Washington continued to do dumb crap and left the team around mid-season.

Thank god you and the "rest of the country" don't run our legal system where people are considered innocent until proven guilty. That said he was only convicted of a misdemeanor.

If you bothered to go back and see the OP I replied to it was claiming Frost knew Washington was a criminal prior to signing...False...then someone claimed Frost knew about the incident prior to his Freshman season...False also. If you feel Frost should have just booted him off the team as soon as charges were filed after his freshman season...fine that's your opinion.

Neb and Frost did disciplined him, but were also going to let him have his day in court before making any final decisions on his status with the team. Ultimately Washington continued to do dumb crap and left the team around mid-season.

Thank god you and the "rest of the country" don't run our legal system where people are considered innocent until proven guilty. That said he was only convicted of a misdemeanor.
What was the "discipline"? Only real discipline is loss of play time for anything but extra petty offenses...

Shame I don't run the show. Could save lots of wasted tax dollars!!

ADVERTISEMENT