ADVERTISEMENT

Mocco’s kids

Personal opinion: open up the checkbook for Mocco as head assistant. Ask Terry to take over HWC, then make a push for Kem Dawg and Metcalf if bridges aren’t burned beyond repair. If they are, we need to seriously assess the state of the program. Fact is we aren’t getting elite recruits, and we simply aren’t developing the guys we are getting. This should keep the “only Hawk” donors happy. If it doesn’t work, we have to blow it up and rebuild. Sad to say.

Personal opinion: open up the checkbook for Mocco as head assistant. Ask Terry to take over HWC, then make a push for Kem Dawg and Metcalf if bridges aren’t burned beyond repair. If they are, we need to seriously assess the state of the program. Fact is we aren’t getting elite recruits, and we simply aren’t developing the guys we are getting. This should keep the “only Hawk” donors happy. If it doesn’t work, we have to blow it up and rebuild. Sad to say.
I think if you’re going to shake up the coaching staff and open up the checkbook you need to set your sights higher than Mocco and Metcalf. Cox and Nolf would resonate with current recruits much more than Mocco and Metcalf IMO.

I think if you’re going to shake up the coaching staff and open up the checkbook you need to set your sights higher than Mocco and Metcalf. Cox and Nolf would resonate with current recruits much more than Mocco and Metcalf IMO.
Brent Metcalf was the best Iowa style wrestler in the last 15 to 20 years. Matt McD was another one. Multiple NCAA Champs. Those 2 should be on staff and add a big guy like Mocco or Cox or Snyder and then maybe Spencer in a few years. Far above the assistants we have now.

Mocco to the wrestling staff would be just a slight upgrade over Telford…. Jk it would be awesome! Not to mention his kids look to be dam good and probably has friends Iowa would want too.

Reactions: el dub and Gutt15
if his kids are elite prospects I won't get my hopes up for them coming to Iowa
You are WRONG!!! flood gates are OPENING!!! IOWA wrestling is still KING of the ratings and the fans just got to see who the BEST coaches are!!!

TnT and staff have put together a pretty amazing run all things considering. NIL is leveling the field and the HAWKS have many things going for them moving forward.

A few pieces added to the proposed best line up for next season, and IOWA is back on top!!!

You are WRONG!!! flood gates are OPENING!!! IOWA wrestling is still KING of the ratings and the fans just got to see who the BEST coaches are!!!

TnT and staff have put together a pretty amazing run all things considering. NIL is leveling the field and the HAWKS have many things going for them moving forward.

A few pieces added to the proposed best line up for next season, and IOWA is back on top!!!
You might wanna dial it back on the coffee.

Realize that - but he posts it on every thread
Delete Old Man GIF

I think these kids would be awesome at Iowa and I think they will be amazing wrestlers in the future. I just tend to pump the brakes a bit on Florida 1A. My buddy moved to Florida from PA last year. His son was never able to crack a lineup, and actually quit wrestling for a few years. He joined a 1A team this year, and went like 30-6. Helps having a stud for a father, just hoping they can get some good competition to develop. I love these kids style, and think that would fit perfect at Carver.

Reactions: el dub
I think these kids would be awesome at Iowa and I think they will be amazing wrestlers in the future. I just tend to pump the brakes a bit on Florida 1A. My buddy moved to Florida from PA last year. His son was never able to crack a lineup, and actually quit wrestling for a few years. He joined a 1A team this year, and went like 30-6. Helps having a stud for a father, just hoping they can get some good competition to develop. I love these kids style, and think that would fit perfect at Carver.
Would love to have them, however Dreshaun Ross is priority #1 at their weight.

Would his kids consider IOWA? Not sure if there was any bad blood when he left?
No bad blood. Mocco loves Terry and Tom. It is possible they end up at Okiest and Iowa though. Steve has said that was the kids' plan at one time.

No need to pump the brakes on a "1A" kid. Simply depends on how they do nationally. And the older Mocco has done well there. And he's a good athlete.

ain't nobody getting recruited for their Florida credentials.

Reactions: IRONBIRD and el dub
ADVERTISEMENT