ADVERTISEMENT

Monster or not?

HawktimusPrime

HR Legend
Mar 23, 2015
Not just disturbing in its nature, but even more disturbing that you could see it coming.

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/21/im_a_pedophile_but_not_a_monster/

But isn’t that the definition of a pedophile, you may ask, someone who molests kids? Not really. Although “pedophile” and “child molester” have often been used interchangeably in the media, and there is some overlap, at base, a pedophile is someone who’s sexually attracted to children. That’s it. There’s no inherent reason he must act on those desires with real children. Some pedophiles certainly do, but many of us don’t. Because the powerful taboo keeps us in hiding, it’s impossible to know how many non-offending pedophiles are out there, but signs indicate there are a lot of us, and too often we suffer in silence. That’s why I decided to speak up.

Notice the.. "Not really", and the "not all of us".......disgusting.

Keep in mind people, what someone is really thinking is not able to ever be completely known. Just the fact that someone would admit this, automatically makes them dangerous.

Ask yourselves, would you want this guy anywhere near your kid? Don't feel guilty if you say no. Feel proud.

Glad to see you changed the title and tried to not make it a douchey political thread.

I will say not a monster, but I wouldnt trust my kid with him.

Glad to see you changed the title and tried to not make it a douchey political thread.

I will say not a monster, but I wouldnt trust my kid with him.
Yes, it was presented as a left article linked from another site. I decided to not play that game this time.

I was unaware about the difference between "child molester" and "pedophile." I guess I assumed it was like stewardess/flight attendant & janitor/custodian. Just goes to show you learn something new almost every day.

ADVERTISEMENT