ADVERTISEMENT

More delusional Husker news

UNIowaHawk

HR Legend
Jul 22, 2011
How can one expect Husker fans to be rational when their sports writers are so far over the edge?

“The University of Nebraska has had a long history of producing great running backs”

“Nebraska has a long history of producing great TEs”

“The Huskers have a history of great receivers”

How can one expect Husker fans to be rational when their sports writers are so far over the edge?

“The University of Nebraska has had a long history of producing great running backs”
tenor.gif

“Nebraska has a long history of producing great TEs”
tenor.gif

“The Huskers have a history of great receivers”

tenor.gif

I must admit I couldn't tell you a single Husker TE or WR who was "great."
The only WR I can think of that was even close to worth a damn in the NFL was Irving Fryar. I can't think of a single TE from Nebraska that could even hang with Scott Chandler or Brandon Myers.

Absolutely no one worth a damn that played while any of the kids in college have been alive though.

Kirk should have punked Scotty at Christmas and sent him and all his staff the good old Clapper as seen on tv. Clap on. Clap off. Whoops there goes the ball and it is 6 feet over the QB's head.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
Wasn't there a Nebby TE from Iowa? Jamie something? I think he might have been from Davenport? This would be from the early Fry era.

Husker Corner lists these 5 guys as Nebraska's top 5 TEs all time. Anyone hear or remember any of these?????? LOL.

1. Junior Miller​

2. Matt Herian​

3. Johnny Mitchell​

4. Mike McNeill​

5. Kyler Reed​

The only WR I can think of that was even close to worth a damn in the NFL was Irving Fryar. I can't think of a single TE from Nebraska that could even hang with Scott Chandler or Brandon Myers.

Absolutely no one worth a damn that played while any of the kids in college have been alive though.

Johnny Mitchell & Junior Miller are the only TEs of note from Nebraska that ring a bell for me.

I forgot about Fryar. I was a little kid when he played for the Dolphins. I'm about to turn 40.

Wasn't there a Nebby TE from Iowa? Jamie something? I think he might have been from Davenport? This would be from the early Fry era.
Jamie Williams? Played with Roger Craig at Davenport Central graduated in 1978 I believe, then both went to the Cornholers. Roger obviously had a GREAT NFL career. I think Williams also was on the 49r's.....

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Junior Miller was a horse in college but I can't remember his nfl resume.

Nebraska is a volleyball and bowling school.

But that attendance streak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nebraska is a volleyball and bowling school.

But that attendance streak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Sellout," not attendance. Kinnick West is only 3/4 full on Black Fridays. The last game in Lincoln only 60,000 passed through the turnstiles.

I must admit I couldn't tell you a single Husker TE or WR who was "great."
Jamie Williams, Davenport Central Grad, came out with Roger Craig. Williams played for 12 years in the NFL. Craig was with SF for 8 during their glory years, and was in the NFL for 10 years.

Jamie Williams? Played with Roger Craig at Davenport Central graduated in 1978 I believe, then both went to the Cornholers. Roger obviously had a GREAT NFL career. I think Williams also was on the 49r's.....
Class of 78 for Williams, 79 for Roger Craig. Yeah, from 89-93 they were both on the Niners.

"Sellout," not attendance. Kinnick West is only 3/4 full on Black Fridays. The last game in Lincoln only 60,000 passed through the turnstiles.
And vs Illinois a few years ago it was announced about 60% in attendance, but pictures showed ~40%

Class of 78 for Williams, 79 for Roger Craig. Yeah, from 89-93 they were both on the Niners.
Are you sure? I played at West and graduated in 77. I could have sworn Roger was a junior when we played Central in my senior year......

Kirk should have punked Scotty at Christmas and sent him and all his staff the good old Clapper as seen on tv. Clap on. Clap off. Whoops there goes the ball and it is 6 feet over the QB's head.

Someone with more time/tech talent than I should piece the commercial of the hands clapping and then the video of the snap going over/around/under their QBs.

I believe Roger Craig said he would have played for Iowa if HF had been coach but Craig graduated Central like a year earlier (?). What a shame, but at least we did get Hayden.

Are you sure? I played at West and graduated in 77. I could have sworn Roger was a junior when we played Central in my senior year......
Yep, went to JB Young with him in 7th grade. Chased after his ass my senior year of H.S. Dude was hard to tackle.

Reactions: Tunadog
Yep, went to JB Young with him in 7th grade. Chased after his ass my senior year of H.S. Dude was hard to tackle.
Right on. My dad went to JB and then graduated Central in class of 52. I went one year to Williams and then two years to Wallace Wood Jr when it opened. Then to West. Our fullback from my soph year, Chris Juering went to Nebraska as well and played fullback for the Huskers.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT