ADVERTISEMENT

More evidence that a pink wave is coming in November?

You overplayed the hand that had for 50 years. It is your parties own fault you lost.
Exactly what hand was played?.

A Republican dominated Supreme Court decided Roe vs. Wade in 1973 by an overwhelming vote of 7-2.

Harry Blackmun, a Nixon appointee, wrote the majority opinion. Warren Burger, William Brennan, and Potter Stewart - all appointed to the Court by Eisenhower or Nixon - joined Blackmun in his opinion setting forth trimester guidelines. 4 of the 5 Republican justices on the Court supported pro-choice.

For the past 50 years, Democrats have been largely united in supporting the hand dealt by the Republican court. The American public has been remarkably consistent in agreement. For 49 consecutive years, anywhere from 63-67% of all Americans were against overturning Roe vs. Wade, according to the annual Gallup poll.

Or.......Having Trump as President made elections easier to win in 2020, maybe 2022, and perhaps even 2024.

Donald J Trump... the gift that keeps on giving. You really think Raphael Warnock is a US Senator without Trump?
How many candidates ran for the Republican nomination in 2016? Like 20? If any of those would have one they would have handled covid differently. They would have shown some compassion and empathy. The United States voters do not change presidents in a crisis. That person would have walked to relelection.

How many candidates ran for the Republican nomination in 2016? Like 20? If any of those would have one they would have handled covid differently. They would have shown some compassion and empathy. The United States voters do not change presidents in a crisis. That person would have walked to relelection.
Absolutely correct. If Turd had acknowledged Covid in October of 2019, rather than March of 2020, he waltzes to victory.

What a fvcking moron.

Reactions: VodkaSam

A Republican dominated Supreme Court decided Roe vs. Wade in 1973 by an overwhelming vote of 7-2.

Harry Blackmun, a Nixon appointee, wrote the majority opinion. Warren Burger, William Brennan, and Potter Stewart - all appointed to the Court by Eisenhower or Nixon - joined Blackmun in his opinion setting forth trimester guidelines. 4 of the 5 Republican justices on the Court supported pro-choice.

For the past 50 years, Democrats have been largely united in supporting the hand dealt by the Republican court. The American public has been remarkably consistent in agreement. For 49 consecutive years, anywhere from 63-67% of all Americans were against overturning Roe vs. Wade, according to the annual Gallup poll.
Keep in mind, conservatives hate objective history and fact.

You have anything they can just *feel* at their gut level? It's the only way they can engage.

I agree with your point that most people are generally for abortion as a limited option. Where you lost support slowly was that it became more and more clear that it wasn't being used as an emergency, as a one off, as a rare occasion like it was promoted. That is even before we get in to the partial birth abortions, the 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions. Before people on the left started making arguments that it was fine to kill a live baby because it was their choice. In essence, you jumped the shark.

Reactions: Coach_Fry
It's pretty evident that Merican voters are experiencing Trump fatigue and Republicans will pay a price in the midterms.

Instead of offering solutions to this country's numerous problems, they choose to dredge up Hillary stories, Hunter Biden, and a litany of other things no one cares about.

Just watch...the Dems will get to 51/52 seats in the US Senate.

Dobbs will be THE defining issue in November. Republicans are seriously going to be shocked.
I doubt it.

A new poll conducted for the Institute of Politics at Harvard University by Echelon Insights asked likely voters the following question: “If you had to choose just one, which would you say is the biggest issue facing the country today?” The top response was “cost of living.” Abortion came in fifth. When asked to choose between “protecting abortion rights” and “reducing inflation,” voters chose the latter by a 39 percent margin. Two-thirds of respondents answered, “reducing inflation.” Only 27 percent answered “protecting abortion rights.”

Reactions: Capital1Hawk
I doubt it.

A new poll conducted for the Institute of Politics at Harvard University by Echelon Insights asked likely voters the following question: “If you had to choose just one, which would you say is the biggest issue facing the country today?” The top response was “cost of living.” Abortion came in fifth. When asked to choose between “protecting abortion rights” and “reducing inflation,” voters chose the latter by a 39 percent margin. Two-thirds of respondents answered, “reducing inflation.” Only 27 percent answered “protecting abortion rights.”

Interesting numbers when you actually dig into the poll which you can do HERE:

Biden popularity: 46% Favorable; 52% Unfavorable
Trump popularity: 40% Favorable; 59% Unfavorable

Democratic Party popularity: 45% Favorable; 52% Unfavorable
Republican Party popularity: 38% Favorable; 57% Unfavorable

To me this shows general dissatisfaction among voters with all politicians, but a fair amount more with Trump and the GOP than Biden and the Democrats.

As I said, the only thing preventing the midterms from being quite bad for the Republicans is a favorable map and gerrymandering.

I doubt it.

This analysis seems okay until the author holds up the president’s approval rating as the best predictor. While true in most elections, I think it will be less of a factor for this one. Trump’s odious presence will make sure of that.

Reactions: VodkaSam
I doubt it.

Dems have over performed by 6-7 points on average in all the special elections since Dobbs. There is not one election where the Dems have under performed or even broke even.

Reactions: nu2u
I assume that's sarcasm?

Next time use ;););) so we realize you're just trolling.

Biden is kicking ass right now and we know it really pisses off the cons.

EOs and passing a few bills are Biden wins in your mind, but I'm more concerned about the American people.

A few bills? Biden has gotten more substantial bills through in two years than Trump did in four. Infrastructure, Vets, climate change, covid relief, and now student loans. That is incredibly productive.
The GOP insistence on running on NOT governing looks like it is hitting a dead end, IMO.

I mean, how long can you ask people to put you in power to NOT do anything?

I get that their general schtick is "government is evil and can't do anything right" but that is kind of a piss-poor answer when interviewing for a job to BE IN THE GOVERNMENT, which is what campaigning is.

The GOP insistence on running on NOT governing looks like it is hitting a dead end, IMO.

I mean, how long can you ask people to put you in power to NOT do anything?

I get that their general schtick is "government is evil and can't do anything right" but that is kind of a piss-poor answer when interviewing for a job to BE IN THE GOVERNMENT, which is what campaigning is.
I still can't believe they ran on repeal and replace for nearly a decade, but then didn't even bother to put forward a healthcare plan after getting in charge.

I still can't believe they ran on repeal and replace for nearly a decade, but then didn't even bother to put forward a healthcare plan after getting in charge.
"Please send us to Congress so we can sit there not doing anything while telling people the government doesn't work."

Most are doing well.

Been a tough few weeks for the semi-fascists. Here's hoping that continues in perpetuity!

Most are not doing well. Inflation is hurting Americans far and wide.

You know this...but it won't stop you from spewing propaganda.

Most are not doing well. Inflation is hurting Americans far and wide.

You know this...but it won't stop you from spewing propaganda.
Gas prices down. Inflation cooling. Food prices definitely sting.

But Americans are much better off than Europeans or Asians right now economically. Thankfully we now have grownups in charge at the federal level.

Reactions: nelly02
Gas prices down. Inflation cooling. Food prices definitely sting.

But Americans are much better off than Europeans or Asians right now economically. Thankfully we now have grownups in charge at the federal level.

Gas is still much higher compared to January 2021.

Inflation is still above 8%

Food prices and everything else are insanely high.

Americans are hurting.

Again, you're a propagandist.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Gas is still much higher compared to January 2021.

Inflation is still above 8%

Food prices and everything else are insanely high.

Americans are hurting.

Again, you're a propagandist.

Facts don't care about your feelings.
The fact is the trends clearly indicate your desired economic collapse didn't happen, America is in better shape than most of the rest of the developed world and the Biden administration is making progress.

Reap it.

I agree with your point that most people are generally for abortion as a limited option. Where you lost support slowly was that it became more and more clear that it wasn't being used as an emergency, as a one off, as a rare occasion like it was promoted. That is even before we get in to the partial birth abortions, the 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions. Before people on the left started making arguments that it was fine to kill a live baby because it was their choice. In essence, you jumped the shark.
Only 25% of American women have an abortion by the age of 45, perhaps not rare, but certainly not what I consider to be common either. Over the last 40 years abortion rates have plummeted here (until just very recently), in 2020 the rate was 14.4/1,000 women, in 1981 it was 29.9/1,000 women (Guttmacher).

Abortion rates are largely fueled by socioeconomic factors more than anything. Recent statistics show that women whose income is less than 200% of the federal poverty level comprise nearly 70% of the abortions performed, 85% are unmarried and 67% are Black, Hispanic or other non-Caucasian race. If we are serious about making abortions as rare as possible we should focus on the elimination of domestic poverty and providing better access to birth control and medical care.

Only 25% of American women have an abortion by the age of 45, perhaps not rare, but certainly not what I consider to be common either. Over the last 40 years abortion rates have plummeted here (until just very recently), in 2020 the rate was 14.4/1,000 women, in 1981 it was 29.9/1,000 women (Guttmacher).

Abortion rates are largely fueled by socioeconomic factors more than anything. Recent statistics show that women whose income is less than 200% of the federal poverty level comprise nearly 70% of the abortions performed, 85% are unmarried and 67% are Black, Hispanic or other non-Caucasian race. If we are serious about making abortions as rare as possible we should focus on the elimination of domestic poverty and providing better access to birth control and medical care.
Once again, you are using objective facts and history to try and argue with a conservative.

FEELINGS ONLY! ;)

The fact is the trends clearly indicate your desired economic collapse didn't happen, America is in better shape than most of the rest of the developed world and the Biden administration is making progress.

Reap it.

Link to my desire of an "economic collapse"?

You're on the clock Mr. Propagandist.

You are cheering for it with every post you make. Hence why no one likes you and you are routinely mocked.

black-pot-kettle-on-fire-260nw-2171010051.jpg

Another sterling example of your stunning idiocy.

You are saying "pot calling kettle black" on me saying you are cheering for economic collapse in a thread where I noted the economy is improving, inflation and gas prices are down and the US is doing better than Europe and Asia.

Now, stop and take two minutes and think about how stupid that makes you look.

EOs and passing a few bills are Biden wins in your mind, but I'm more concerned about the American people.
Biden is on fire right now and the poor GOP knows it.

Last nite alone, Hannity rehashing Hillary and Hunter to try and reunite a splintering Republican Party.

There are a lot of Republican candidates on the ballot that are in purple districts that will be distancing themselves from the MAGAt wing of the Party.

Biden is a masterful politician.

You know it. I know it. Merica will know it.

I don't know why republicans want more babies. Vast majority of women/families who choose to abort outside of rape, incest, or health, choose so because of financials or not being mentally/physically capable of having children. More babies from these families means more welfare (ie: food stamps/WIC) and thus more dependency on the government for assistance. Obviously not every situation will call for this, but it's undeniable that eliminating abortion will lead to these things. And when conservatives try to cut those programs these women/families depend on, they'll be voted out by the people they fought to put in the position to need those programs.

Expanding on that last point, the vast majority of women/families that believe in abortion outside of those previously stated reasons, are liberals (liberal Christians/Jews/Atheists/Agnostics/others) who will raise their children to be liberals. More liberal voters means less conservatives in government offices, thereby eliminating themselves.

Reactions: ParkerHawk
Dems have over performed by 6-7 points on average in all the special elections since Dobbs. There is not one election where the Dems have under performed or even broke even.
Posters here are downplaying it but there has been an explosion of new voter registration among women since Roe was overturned. Polls are showing that most are engaging for that reason.

Add those hoard of new voters to Independent and moderate Republcan voters who favor pro-choice and who are also disgusted with Trumpism and you have a very potent and enegetic political force.

This effect of this brand new dynamic is hard to quantify but it is certain Republican analysts are shitting their pants looking at the Kansas and NY electon results.

Reactions: Huey Grey
I doubt it.

You aren't dumb enough to vote Republican are you?

Posters here are downplaying it but there has been an explosion of new voter registration among women since Roe was overturned. Polls are showing that most are engaging for that reason.

Add those hoard of new voters to Independent and moderate Republcan voters who favor pro-choice and who are also disgusted with Trumpism and you have a very potent and enegetic political force.

This effect of this brand new dynamic is hard to quantify but it is certain Republican analysts are shitting their pants looking at the Kansas and NY electon results.
anecdotally speaking this is true. the roe move has enraged many women and they are seriously intending to vote straight D.
at the same time im also seeing an uptick in organized canvassing by the prolifers in these parts

anecdotally speaking this is true. the roe move has enraged many women and they are seriously intending to vote straight D.
at the same time im also seeing an uptick in organized canvassing by the prolifers in these parts
I have no doubt that the religious zealots will attempt to counter these developments but the intensity of energy is clearly on the pro-choice side. They are generating new voters at an astounding rate and making gains with existing voters already registered as Independents and Republicans. If you are a campaign manager for a November candidate, its much easier to harnass a rapidly expanding movement than motivate the base by playing defense.

Reactions: torbee and desihawk
For the first time in my professional career, I sit within an executive leadership team that is majority female - 70% women. I'm convinced it's time we hand over the highest levels of leadership to them.

I am hopeful women find/assume their voice in politics.
I have been in the building industry for over 30 years. We hired our 1st outside sales girl in 2012. We now have 5 outside men and 3 women plus 1 of my partners is a woman. They are all killing it. All of our competitors still have almost all or all men. I don’t really understand it. Best thing we’ve ever done is diversify our sales force.

I have no doubt that the religious zealots will attempt to counter these developments but the intensity of energy is clearly on the pro-choice side. They are generating new voters at an astounding rate and making gains with existing voters already registered as Independents and Republicans. If you are a campaign manager for a November candidate, its much easier to harnass a rapidly expanding movement than motivate the base by playing defense.
The Republicans are 1 trick ponies. Every single ad is the same. Zero new ideas. At some point you have to stand for something and now that the Trump train has crashed they don’t know what to do.

ADVERTISEMENT