ADVERTISEMENT

More Frustrating…OC Ferentz or G McCaffery?

BoiseHawk1

Rookie
Sep 30, 2019
Not blaming Connor as he plays hard and does what he does. This is all on Fran for playing him. He’s clearly not a D1 player like Brian is not a D1 coordinator. Both have been very frustrating to watch this year. Fran’s rotations are really bad. The Murrays were playing great together and then Fran takes Kris out with 8 minutes to go and then puts him back in at the 3:30 mark. I just don’t understand having 4-11-30 in the game at the same time….Especially during crunch time. Brutal.

Btw I understand folks whining about sitting the murrays, but we're simply not gonna beat good teams when those two shoot under 40%

Not exactly shit. Keegan and Kris had EFG%'s of 45% and 47% respectively and were 13 of 13 (100%) from the line. That's a long ways from shit.
Yeah, they didn’t shoot like shit. That was too harsh.

They both shot crappy I’ll say. They didn’t shoot ok, they didn’t shoot shitty, they shot crappy.

Not only do both Brian and Connor have no business being in the positions they are in, they are both man-children, throwing temper tantrums with the refs. At least Connor had the decency to tell Fran not to start him anymore. That is more than Brian would ever do.

Both are frustrating but my Connor annoyance is almost completely directed at Fran for still playing him. I guess I’d pick Brian as I’m more invested in football.

Agree. One is a student and the other has been at his job for 5 years under performing meanwhile making hundreds of thousands of dollars in the process.
I'm not the least bit frustrated with any player. I know they are giving it their best with whatever talent they have. Any criticism leveled at them is completely misdirected. Fran's the one who keeps putting them out there to give their best which as we all know isn't very good.

I am curious what kind of baseball player Connor could have been if he chose a baseball school and focused all his time on that which is really what it takes for most to play professionally on some level. Not surprised he chose to play for Dad but sounds like baseball was his best shot by far

Loved watching fran talk to joe t about overreacting after that foul call at mid court. He may have got a t if that had been Connor
Yep and how about not getting back in until under 4 mins to go in the first half? Only to blow by his guy and score right away, but then he missed his next shot so that was enough for Fran to yank him again. This was right when Bohannon dribbled into the defense and turned it over. Really glad we got Ulis back in there to turn it over and clank a shot before halftime!

Reactions: daufeldt
I am curious what kind of baseball player Connor could have been if he chose a baseball school and focused all his time on that which is really what it takes for most to play professionally on some level. Not surprised he chose to play for Dad but sounds like baseball was his best shot by far
I think he should try out for quarterback.

Kill two birds with one stone.

Good player,,tough kid but its hard to play baseball successfully at a high level when you are so up and down emotionally. Umps are going to make bad calls and you can’t take it personally, just hurts your play. I think his future is in coaching.

Yeah. They both shot like sh*t. Keegan had another bad game tonight.

I'm getting nervous that he's now schemed. It seems like his touches in the low block area are way down. This is where he kills teams. He is still getting outside looks but not really able to attack downhill as much either. I'm sure he's frustrated.

I'm getting nervous that he's now schemed. It seems like his touches in the low block area are way down. This is where he kills teams. He is still getting outside looks but not really able to attack downhill as much either. I'm sure he's frustrated.
Can't give him post touches when the opposing 5 is standing in the lane.

Can't drive either.

Again, different problems all the same solutions.

Play Kris at the 5 with Keegan.

Pulls the big out and opens up the lane for scoring.

Not blaming Connor as he plays hard and does what he does. This is all on Fran for playing him. He’s clearly not a D1 player like Brian is not a D1 coordinator. Both have been very frustrating to watch this year. Fran’s rotations are really bad. The Murrays were playing great together and then Fran takes Kris out with 8 minutes to go and then puts him back in at the 3:30 mark. I just don’t understand having 4-11-30 in the game at the same time….Especially during crunch time. Brutal.
How is this even a comparison?

hell no.

CMac is near unplayable, every Iowa rostered player is magnitudes better. He should never see the court in B2G play.

Brian Ferentz teams have consistently played within their capabilities and have produced sinning seasons, and competitive games.

This yr Brian had no options at QB but Petras who is comparable to playing CMac, he was awful. just near unplayable awful like CMac. But Ferentz had to play somebody

the difference here is Fran has lots of alternatives to playing awful , but Ferentz had nearly no options , he had to play awful

I think that was all internet hype. I have yet to see any actual results that show he was ever going to be a top baseball player.

Yep and how about not getting back in until under 4 mins to go in the first half? Only to blow by his guy and score right away, but then he missed his next shot so that was enough for Fran to yank him again. This was right when Bohannon dribbled into the defense and turned it over. Really glad we got Ulis back in there to turn it over and clank a shot before halftime!
JT and Kris are constantly getting yanked for minor mistakes that other players make without getting pulled.

CMAC being a high level baseball MLB prospects was just hype from a bunch of Fran friends and family that post on HR.

CMAC was low .200 batter at Iowa. He washed out of baseball because he couldn't hit. He washed out at Basketball because he can't shoot. Great High School athlete, great competitor, but not
high level talent---something most peope in athletics have to come to terms with.

CMAC will end up on the Iowa Payroll as assistant coach, just like Brian Ferentz did at Iowa. I'm okay with that, IF fran wins a lot.. I don't think Fran wins enough.

CMAC being a high level baseball MLB prospects was just hype from a bunch of Fran friends and family that post on HR.

CMAC was low .200 batter at Iowa. He washed out of baseball because he couldn't hit. He washed out at Basketball because he can't shoot. Great High School athlete, great competitor, but not
high level talent---something most peope in athletics have to come to terms with.

CMAC will end up on the Iowa Payroll as assistant coach, just like Brian Ferentz did at Iowa. I'm okay with that, IF fran wins a lot.. I don't think Fran wins enough.
A couple of things. Going into 2019 draft, Baseball America (generally considered one of the best publications that covers the draft, minor leagues, etc., had him as the 3rd-best prospect in the state of Iowa (this was the same year Cole McDonald was selected, and BA had him as the 5th best prospect in Iowa).

This story from Hawk Central in 2019 had details:

Iowa baseball: Breaking down where Hawkeyes might go in 2019 MLB Draft (hawkcentral.com)

He had/has talent. Good size and enough athleticism to be an outfielder or first baseman. Never really had a shot at having a serious baseball career once he remained committed to playing basketball. Just too much training/opportunity to get better on the diamond that he missed out on playing basketball. But he had the talent/tools to be a good prospect. Size, athleticism, bat speed. I always thought he should have taken 1 year and just dedicated it completely to baseball and find out how good he could be. But that's just my opinion.

It's why I remain skeptical that Brecht won't eventually decide to just do baseball full time. It's more possible for a pitcher, as his arm talent is still there even when he's playing football in the fall. But dude throws 95+ with decent secondary pitches. It is exceedingly difficult to be a multi-sport player (and be good at both) at the college level). It's why it's not hardly ever done. You can't just "out-athlete" people at the college level, generally.

Can't give him post touches when the opposing 5 is standing in the lane.

Can't drive either.

Again, different problems all the same solutions.

Play Kris at the 5 with Keegan.

Pulls the big out and opens up the lane for scoring.

Correct, great perimeter shooting will make any opponent look lost. The hawks need to find the hot hand(s) and ride them and once that happens go back to the outside to inside to outside game.

It surely is frustrating for the players to have defenses packing it in inside and they cant hit any shots to loosen up the opponents Dee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT