MORE GOOD NEWS. Josh Ogundele Updates

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
AUGUST 2ND UPDATE:

EebhVmqXgAAQACY

JULY 21, ORIGINAL POST

The Iowa basketball team has been on campus since June 15. For the past month the team has been doing voluntary workouts as a team.

Yesterday, July 20th, was the first day that college coaches were allowed to officially lead workouts.

Today, July 21st, Josh announced he has received word that he'll be able to travel to the United States and Iowa City in the 'next few weeks.'

Ogundele still has to wait for his visa before he can travel to the U.S. and said that his return could take up to three weeks.

Note that he may have to quarantine for a period of time once he arrives in Iowa City.

Last edited:
The Iowa basketball team has been on campus since June 15. For the past month the team has been doing voluntary workouts as a team.

Yesterday, July 20th, was the first day that college coaches were allowed to officially lead workouts.

Today, July 21st, Josh announced he has received word that he'll be able to travel to the United States and Iowa City in the 'next few weeks.'

TRIPLE LIKE

Reactions: Franisdaman
Some more info:

Ogundele still has to wait for his visa before he can travel to the U.S. and said that his return could take up to three weeks.

Note that he may have to quarantine for a period of time once he arrives in Iowa City.

Unless he is a physical specimen and extremely skilled, I would strongly suspect he will have to take a redshirt. He is already very behind his teammates. The only exception would be if Nunge's rehab goes awry and he is unable to answer the bell.

Figured he would make it back before the end of summer. All those freaking out jumped the gun. Glad they're taking every precaution. If he has stayed in physical shape he will have plenty of time to get in basketball condition. That said would much rather he take a RS this year and hopefully learn under Garza. Whenever a big plays his true freshman season I think of Olaseni and what if he had that one year left?

The fact that Luka and Josh are communicating is a positive sign for Garza's return, right?

August 2nd can't get here soon enough! I keep flip flopping back and forth on whether Luka returns or not and it's driving me nuts.
i think that Garza being in Iowa City is a good sign, too

remember, if Luka was not guaranteed an NBA roster spot, he said he would return to college

i think there will be a CBB season; but how much of one? and is that enough to keep Luka in Iowa City? I think it is because he could become the all time leading scorer and he could have his jersey lifted to the rafters and his jersey will be there long after he is gone; what is that worth?

According to the CR Gazette, Luka is one of 104 players who are "options" to be invited to the NBA Combine. This may be pared down to 70. And as reported, there is no guarantee there will even be a combine. I guess the potential invitation might be considered bad news for Iowa, but the uncertainty of the entire situation might be a plus. August 2nd can't get here quick enough.

The fact that Luka and Josh are communicating is a positive sign for Garza's return, right?

August 2nd can't get here soon enough! I keep flip flopping back and forth on whether Luka returns or not and it's driving me nuts.
That or he wants to make sure he's ready if Luka leaves. Who knows at this point.....:eek:

Reactions: Kurt Warner
i think that Garza being in Iowa City is a good sign, too

remember, if Luka was not guaranteed an NBA roster spot, he said he would return to college

i think there will be a CBB season; but how much of one? and is that enough to keep Luka in Iowa City? I think it is because he could become the all time leading scorer and he could have his jersey lifted to the rafters and his jersey will be there long after he is gone; what is that worth?

If college basketball is worried about Covid-19, then limit the games to just 6 and pick last seasons top 32 and this preseasons top 32 and go from there....finish what was omitted last year. Either way Iowa will be one of the favorites to get to the final four.
It won't happen, but any way to get Iowa to the final four, I'm all for it.

Unless he is a physical specimen and extremely skilled, I would strongly suspect he will have to take a redshirt. He is already very behind his teammates. The only exception would be if Nunge's rehab goes awry and he is unable to answer the bell.
Or if he finds a way to tear a 3rd ACL.....

No one will want to redshirt this season...why be a redshirt on a preseason top 1-5 team?

Because there might not be much playing time available considering how many veterans we have coming back. Fran plays a lot of guys, but he doesn't play 13 every game. And this coming year, if he's smart, he'll keep the rotation to 8-9 tops.

Reactions: AirForceChiefO
Because there might not be much playing time available considering how many veterans we have coming back. Fran plays a lot of guys, but he doesn't play 13 every game. And this coming year, if he's smart, he'll keep the rotation to 8-9 tops.
True, but most kids have no plans to be in college for five years. The fans think its a great idea to stockpile players, for the kids not so much....

Olaseni did not have this kids size. 6'11" and now 275, he can hold his own in the paint and give Luka a breather.

Olaseni did not have this kids size. 6'11" and now 275, he can hold his own in the paint and give Luka a breather.
We will need him to bang in the paint against the likes of MSU, Illinois not to mention we will need him because we need an animal in the paint. We are going to be in some foul trouble in some games. I want to see him bang with Kofi in the paint. This year would give him game experience for next year. He already said he didn't want to red shirt. Hope he is a rebounder and shot blocker.

Reactions: cleotishaywood
If Josh is ready to go we could really use 7-10 minutes a game from him. He is a banger who can move people off the block. He might not be good enough to play but if he is it is just one more bullet in our holster.

BS. If they are running the opponent out get everyone some play time.
Life is short, sports careers are much ,much shorter than that.

Many seem to be writing Jack Nunge totally off. Fran had him starting last year before he went down. If he’s healthy and can get some early confidence he is potentially an important piece for us.

I like Josh for his size and there may be some games where that is needed, but as I recall Jack had good timing on block attempts. His quickness and foot speed weren’t the best, but I trust Fran’s eye for talent. Both have totally different skills, but depending on the matchups each will likely have a place.

Many seem to be writing Jack Nunge totally off. Fran had him starting last year before he went down. If he’s healthy and can get some early confidence he is potentially an important piece for us.

I like Josh for his size and there may be some games where that is needed, but as I recall Jack had good timing on block attempts. His quickness and foot speed weren’t the best, but I trust Fran’s eye for talent. Both have totally different skills, but depending on the matchups each will likely have a place.
Agreed here, plus Jack is very long and a quick leaper. If healthy, he'll be a good addition inside.

ADVERTISEMENT