ADVERTISEMENT

More hard-hitting new bridge news!

Also accurate.

The Quad Cities is quirky. For example, I actually was in SIX of the Quad Cities - Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline, East Moline, Rock Island and Milan - during the course of the day yesterday. 🙂
Bettendorf and Milan were late comers to institution known as the Quad Cities.

Lol @ Milan. It's a village, not a city. Milan wasn't even a city when it had the Showcase Cinemas 20 years ago.

Razz M Tazz(sp?) kicked ass, though.
Don't forget Skate Ranch. My first two dates in high school were in Milan. Took one girl to the Showcase Cinemas and took another girl to Skate Ranch.

But MIlan still isn't a city.

Reactions: HawCory
Don't forget Skate Ranch. My first two dates in high school were in Milan. Took one girl to the Showcase Cinemas and took another girl to Skate Ranch.

But MIlan still isn't a city.
I am afraid you are wrong.

In Illinois code, any municipality with a population greater than 2,500 is legally defined as a “city.”

Municipal governments are the cities, villages, and incorporated towns.[2] The minimum size for incorporation as a city is 2,500, and the minimum size for incorporation as a village varies by the county population.[2] Municipalities having a population above 25,000 automatically have home rule status, whereas smaller municipalities have the option via referendums.[2]

Milan’s current population is 5,056. Therefore, it is a city in Illinois.

I am afraid you are wrong.

In Illinois code, any municipality with a population greater than 2,500 is legally defined as a “city.”

Municipal governments are the cities, villages, and incorporated towns.[2] The minimum size for incorporation as a city is 2,500, and the minimum size for incorporation as a village varies by the county population.[2] Municipalities having a population above 25,000 automatically have home rule status, whereas smaller municipalities have the option via referendums.[2]

Milan’s current population is 5,056. Therefore, it is a city in Illinois.
Milan doesn't even call itself a city.

https://www.milanil.org/

92573167_112344477091237_3841633888749223936_n.jpg

That makes just marketing. Looks “quaint.”
Marketing or not, Milan is still a village. Having a population greater than 2500 doesn't automatically make it a city, it makes it eligible to incorporate as a city. Milan never incorporated as a city.

Illinois Municipal Code

(65 ILCS 5/2-2-4) (from Ch. 24, par. 2-2-4)
Sec. 2-2-4. Any incorporated town or village having a population of not less than 2,500 persons including 2,000 living in immobile dwellings, may incorporate as a city in like manner as is provided in Sections 2-2-1 through 2-2-3.

Marketing or not, Milan is still a village. Having a population greater than 2500 doesn't automatically make it a city, it makes it eligible to incorporate as a city. Milan never incorporated as a city.

Illinois Municipal Code

(65 ILCS 5/2-2-4) (from Ch. 24, par. 2-2-4)
Sec. 2-2-4. Any incorporated town or village having a population of not less than 2,500 persons including 2,000 living in immobile dwellings, may incorporate as a city in like manner as is provided in Sections 2-2-1 through 2-2-3.
That’s just like your opinion, man. 😉

Reactions: HawCory and TJ8869
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT