ADVERTISEMENT

More history gone...

giphy.gif

These monuments are physical reminders that the history we read about was real,.. it's a mistake to remove all this stuff...
They don’t tell true history. Replace them all with union statues. Or crush them and display them that way. That’s true history.

Reactions: srams21
In Germany following WW2, the GERMAN people agreed to dissolve themselves of all things Nazi. Except for a few Nazi cemeteries, and the “Documentation Center Memorial” in Nuremberg, not much remains. And the “Documentation Center” is required attendance for Germans as what horrors Nazi Germany unleashed upon the world. So, for the most part, Germany has done everything possible to remove the idea of Nazi Germany from its history....
Meanwhile, south of the Mason-Dixon Line, quite the opposite was the case until very recently. The residents of “the South” have chosen to celebrate their traitorous hero’s and clung on to the idea that owning other human beings was really what God desires.......

That's not what they're celebrating.

I'm not sure what else celebrating Confederate soldiers accomplishes. No matter how much whitewashing you try to put on it, from 1861-65 the South attempted to secede from the USA for the right to claim African Americans as slaves. Honoring Confederate soldiers today is a de facto agreement that they were right to try and do so. All arguments about "The Lost Cause" are revisionist. Point-blank, the South does not attempt to secede without the existence of slavery as the driving force.

You said the same thing 4 years ago.
Unlikely, four years ago I was in your position. There might be a lesson for you in that. Liberals tend to win in the end. Conservatives put up fights and win battles that delay victory, but liberals always win the wars. Time is on my side.

Unlikely, four years ago I was in your position. There might be a lesson for you in that. Liberals tend to win in the end. Conservatives put up fights and win battles that delay victory, but liberals always win the wars. Time is on my side.
I'm sure you're convinced this is true.

I'm sure you're convinced this is true.
Can you name a time conservatives ever rolled back a liberal advance and won the issue? Seems to me that once libs get a mind to do something, it’s only a matter of time before it comes to fruition.

Can you name a time conservatives ever rolled back a liberal advance and won the issue? Seems to me that once libs get a mind to do something, it’s only a matter of time before it comes to fruition.
I see 3.5 years of Trumpianism has taught you nothing of the new order. Carry on.

Can we just say the statues are succeeding from their spots?

win/win/win

This is nothing more than book burning, minus the books...
Which makes it nothing like book burning. Book burning is about suppressing truth so that society might live in a more managed fantasyland. Where taking down these statues is about suppressing fantasy so that society might face the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT