ADVERTISEMENT

More on Brian Allen Jr...

Clint Cosgrove

Rookie
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2013
I've gotten to know Brian and some people in his circle over the past couple of years. Great kid and loves football. I was sad to see him leave the state of Illinois to finish his HS career... he was a pleasure to scout and be around.

I have NOT talked to Brian recently, but I have talked to people in his circle. Here is what I was told this week...

Brian did de-commit from Illinois, and it was not a case of them dropping him by any means. He wanted to go to Iowa all along, but committed to Illinois because the NCAA was no longer allowing Iowa to recruit him, due to his previous relationship with a non-coaching staff member. They applied for a waiver with the NCAA, and basically had to prove that Iowa was recruiting Brian prior (which they were) to said staff member being hired.

I believe the waiver is either 1. likely going to be approved or 2. Already has been approved. I expect Brian to commit to Iowa as soon as everything is all sorted out.

I want to reiterate have not talked to Brian directly, and this is coming from someone with knowledge of the situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News