ADVERTISEMENT

More Proof of the GOP’s hard leap to the Right...

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
In 1972 Roe v. Wade was a 7-2 decision in favor of abortion. 5 of the 7 justices who voted “for” Roe were appointees to the SC by Republican presidents.
Today, it is rumored that Roe vs. Wade will be overturned 5-4. The major change in the past 50 years on the Supreme Court that has lead to this change, is the concerted effort by the religious evangelicals in this country to subvert the principle of “rule by law” and move towards rule by political opinion. We
Here does this end? (Most polls regRding the “legality” of Roe have shown abortion rights are favored by 65-70% of Americans. )

it amazes me how people like you hate the government controlling them except when it benefits your personal beliefs, then it is ok
Yeah, first of all you are putting words in my mouth with the govt control thing. Secondly, yeah, I'm ok with the government stopping people from killing innocent human life.

It has nothing to do with evangelical Christianity.

Sure it does. When Alito says “The inescapable conclusion is that a right to abortion is not deeply rooted in the Nation’s history and traditions…” what history and traditions is he referring to?

And then….when access to contraception, interracial marriage, gay marriage, etc are brought up to the SC in the future, what lens are the Justices going to use to abolish those?

You’re awfully naive to believe that the 5 most conservative Justices who grew up in the Catholic tradition aren’t imparting their views in their rulings. This one, and future ones.

Yeah, first of all you are putting words in my mouth with the govt control thing. Secondly, yeah, I'm ok with the government stopping people from killing innocent human life.
Ok then you are for gun control then and there shouldnt be any death penalty? We can’t have people killing each other. It’s such a stupid argument. Both sides flip flop so much. My stance is this is established court opinion, we are setting up for the rule of the law to go heavily right or left by whoever is on the bench. That is not how this is supposed to work.

Ok then you are for gun control then and there shouldnt be any death penalty? We can’t have people killing each other. It’s such a stupid argument. Both sides flip flop so much. My stance is this is established court opinion, we are setting up for the rule of the law to go heavily right or left by whoever is on the bench. That is not how this is supposed to work.

completely agree. can’t pick and choose

In 1972 Roe v. Wade was a 7-2 decision in favor of abortion. 5 of the 7 justices who voted “for” Roe were appointees to the SC by Republican presidents.
Today, it is rumored that Roe vs. Wade will be overturned 5-4. The major change in the past 50 years on the Supreme Court that has lead to this change, is the concerted effort by the religious evangelicals in this country to subvert the principle of “rule by law” and move towards rule by political opinion. We
Here does this end? (Most polls regRding the “legality” of Roe have shown abortion rights are favored by 65-70% of Americans. )
I don’t follow this case but read if they overturn R vs W then the feds leave it up to the states. If that’s the case then those that want to kill babies can move to the Left coasts like Cali. At Easter mass our priest stated that Cali had a proposed bill to allow abortions at very late stages. It’s crazy that people are ok with killing a baby that has already developed.

The abortion issue will never make both sides happy. I even have Catholic relatives that support abortion politicians and even Biden is one of them. They turn their back to God on this issue.

When you have no moral center then "whatever feels good" becomes the norm.
Hence the birth of the evangelical “right to life” movement. Couldn’t agree more with you here WP.
A bunch of simple minded, frustrated citizens who are mad about something but don’t know what! So they embrace God, tie him to American patriotism, spew bullshit about things that never were and polluted the general population with their unfounded political and social beliefs....all in the name of God and flag!

Hence the birth of the evangelical “right to life” movement. Couldn’t agree more with you here WP.
A bunch of simple minded, frustrated citizens who are mad about something but don’t know what! So they embrace God, tie him to American patriotism, spew bullshit about things that never were and polluted the general population with their unfounded political and social beliefs....all in the name of God and flag!
Boomer logic at its finest.

Reactions: doughuddl2
Again, it amazes me how hard people fight for the right to kill human fetuses.

It amazes me how hard the right will fight against things that actually prevent abortions. Thing like free/reduced cost health care, real sex ed, free/reduced cost contraception. Those are all proven to reduce abortions because they all reduce the rate of unwanted pregnancy. Of course, the only thing the right seems to care about legislating these days is what happens in the bedroom, right where they don't belong.

God gives us free will, if we legislate mortality, there is no free will. This is a terrible decision that the zealots and hypocrites in the Trump part will celebrate, while watching the poor get more poor, eating up resources and polluting. We need population control, but no, God will take care of the earth. Then when Mother Nature is like I’ve got this, here is famine and Covid, we scream in horror.

God gives us free will, if we legislate mortality, there is no free will. This is a terrible decision that the zealots and hypocrites in the Trump part will celebrate, while watching the poor get more poor, eating up resources and polluting. We need population control, but no, God will take care of the earth. Then when Mother Nature is like I’ve got this, here is famine and Covid, we scream in horror.
“Legislate morality”

like…murder?

It amazes me how hard the right will fight against things that actually prevent abortions. Thing like free/reduced cost health care, real sex ed, free/reduced cost contraception. Those are all proven to reduce abortions because they all reduce the rate of unwanted pregnancy. Of course, the only thing the right seems to care about legislating these days is what happens in the bedroom, right where they don't belong.
Sex Ed on pregnancy? A fourth grader knows how children are made. Reduced cost contraception? A pack of condoms is 5$. They could maybe get a reduced rate on the condoms using their Amazon Prime account on their IPhone 13 Max.

What are you talking about, if this ruling is correct, then the decision on abortion will be left to the individual states. That is the very definition of smaller government. Any honest legal scholar knew Roe v Wade was a ridiculous decision that should never have been decided and it was kept in place due to extreme political pressure, not the legal merits.

If we are being honest from whatever side you come from, this decision will not affect abortion one bit. Someone may have to travel a little farther than before but if they want an abortion they can get one. This entire issue is a matter of states rights and democracy over judicial fiat.

No. They aren't putting words in your mouth. You show your ass every single day on here.

Reactions: littlez
It's not about who appointed the judges it's about the law and states rights. Why does the left hate democracy and allowing the PEOPLE to decide if they want abortion in their state or not?

Reactions: Warrior Poet31
ADVERTISEMENT