ADVERTISEMENT

More Proof of the GOP’s hard leap to the Right...

What are you talking about, if this ruling is correct, then the decision on abortion will be left to the individual states. That is the very definition of smaller government. Any honest legal scholar knew Roe v Wade was a ridiculous decision that should never have been decided and it was kept in place due to extreme political pressure, not the legal merits.

If we are being honest from whatever side you come from, this decision will not affect abortion one bit. Someone may have to travel a little farther than before but if they want an abortion they can get one. This entire issue is a matter of states rights and democracy over judicial fiat.
you sure about that Abby? Missouri is attempting to punish people who facilitate travel for a woman to obtain an abortion. That’s some small government stuff right there.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Dumb post is dumb.
^^^^^^^^

Still doesn't see what's happening. This isn't going to stop with "Just move to an abortion state."
Hey everybody! Here's another topic where abby can't see the big picture!
Facts hit you right in the face and you ignore them.
The posts above are from ONE PAGE in this thread and are to FOUR DIFFERENT posters.

You need to seriously look through your posting history and see how much of a prick you are. All you do is attack other posters and when you’re not directly attacking them, you’re trying to drum up support for your attacks by trying to make alliances with others to fight against other posters. You are hands down the HROT leader in that awful behavior and that is really saying something.

And you had the nerve to say it’s people like me that are damaging the country.

killing babies is not the definition of equality.
killing babies is not the definition of equality.
What is this “ killing of babies” speak of? What guarantees does the individual state make to ensure these children have a chance to be successful? Will the individual state give the child healthcare and economics assistancehe/she needs in life? Or will the individual state ensure the child’s father towards the child’s future finançially
God planned an entire lifetime for that baby which you are in favor of violently killing. To protect a life from being ended should be a government’s number one priority above all others.
Ah doug....not so fast!
What about all those good old Calvinist based religions that support the idea of "predestination"? If your one of them...and there are millions including evangelical religions who believe in John Calvin and his Calvinist teachings......,those "babies" (your word) are fulfilling their makers destiny by being aborted.

Why? Just because you don't like hearing something that you have no response for doesn't mean it's any less important. Again, if you so-called righteous anti-personal freedom people put half as much effort into after babies were born as you do before, then it wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal to have a baby. But caring for these kids would actually require some effort and sacrifice on your part. It's real easy to be "anti-abortion". You don't have to actually do anything. It's the yellow ribbon on your car of causes. It's the Facebook "filter". You say something, you cheer yourself on, then you go about your business without having to lift another finger.

Lets get the fetuses (fetii?) signed up with a social security number, allow the woman to start collecting child support if she is not legally married to the father, and allow the mother to take life insurance policies out of the wombrat!
I think youre missing the point of life insurance

• Haha
Reactions: IA_HAWKI
Ok then you are for gun control then and there shouldnt be any death penalty? We can’t have people killing each other. It’s such a stupid argument. Both sides flip flop so much. My stance is this is established court opinion, we are setting up for the rule of the law to go heavily right or left by whoever is on the bench. That is not how this is supposed to work.
FWIW, we shouldnt have a death penalty.

Nope. If a fetus is a living human as some on this board have suggested, the person carrying it should be able to take out a policy on it. Do you not agree?
And if it’s not, no one should be charged with double murder when a pregnant woman is murdered. Go ahead. Be brave and get the left to argue that position.

When you don’t want it to die, it’s murder. When you want to kill it, it’s a clump of cells. Let’s meet in the middle. Keep it legal everywhere but It has to be called “baby murder” from now on.

• Haha
Reactions: IA_HAWKI
Nope. If a fetus is a living human as some on this board have suggested, the person carrying it should be able to take out a policy on it. Do you not agree?
Depends - do people typically take out life insurance policies on children? If so, then I find that very odd, but yes they should.
Its not like a fetus could develop into a washing machine - you know very well what it is.

Why? Just because you don't like hearing something that you have no response for doesn't mean it's any less important. Again, if you so-called righteous anti-personal freedom people put half as much effort into after babies were born as you do before, then it wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal to have a baby. But caring for these kids would actually require some effort and sacrifice on your part. It's real easy to be "anti-abortion". You don't have to actually do anything. It's the yellow ribbon on your car of causes. It's the Facebook "filter". You say something, you cheer yourself on, then you go about your business without having to lift another finger.
Derp lol

To be fair. Many women are anti abortion as well, it’s not so cut and dried. It’s about legislating based on the Bible. I would argue that before 15 weeks, most should be ok with abortion, except the zealots who cry sin, then go commit adultery, or kill a few buffets a month, gluttonizimg themselves. Eff the hypocrisy

Agreed. I've always been of the stance that right around 20 weeks should be the cutoff. Obviously rape and incest may sway that a little bit, but for the most part no fetus has been able to live on it's own until about 22 weeks gestation. At 20 weeks you're into your 2nd trimester and if you haven't decided yet, you need to carry the pregnancy to full term.

Unfortunately the fringe folks on this topic are the loudest and tend to make up the public opinion of each group. I've always said those fringe bastards don't deserve a spot in the discussion.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
But once developed, their rights must be closely monitored and permitted on a “ case by case” basis.
Actually, I've had an evolution in my thinking over the last day or so. Unborn babies are the embodiment of potential, for that they should be cherished and preserved. Retirees are the embodiment of a drag on society and should be shunned and/or eliminated. Seems only fair.

Actually, I've had an evolution in my thinking over the last day or so. Unborn babies are the embodiment of potential, for that they should be cherished and preserved. Retirees are the embodiment of a drag on society and should be shunned and/or eliminated. Seems only fair.
No they aren’t, it depends on their parent

But I have a lot more money than a zygote. Therefore I should live long and prosper.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
What are you talking about, if this ruling is correct, then the decision on abortion will be left to the individual states. That is the very definition of smaller government. Any honest legal scholar knew Roe v Wade was a ridiculous decision that should never have been decided and it was kept in place due to extreme political pressure, not the legal merits.

If we are being honest from whatever side you come from, this decision will not affect abortion one bit. Someone may have to travel a little farther than before but if they want an abortion they can get one. This entire issue is a matter of states rights and democracy over judicial fiat.

This

Any move to give more power to the states and less on the federal level is fine with me.

This

Any move to give more power to the states and less on the federal level is fine with me.
So how are individual rights and privileges of citizens of the United States universally protected? I still see this as a protected right(privacy) under the US Constitution. Should the individual state who bans abortion be required to send a resident seeking an abortion to a state that allows the procedure and compensate that individual for the expenses?

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
ADVERTISEMENT