ADVERTISEMENT

More Proof of the GOP’s hard leap to the Right...

Why should the “state” be the final arbiter? As a citizen of the United States, shouldn’t you have that right?
In a federalist system, a citizen can move from one state to another for any reason including government policy. I would rather live in a country where people of differing opinions can live in a state that more closely reflects their values. If all laws are decided by the federal government, different opinions would be quashed.

So how are individual rights and privileges of citizens of the United States universally protected? I still see this as a protected right(privacy) under the US Constitution. Should the individual state who bans abortion be required to send a resident seeking an abortion to a state that allows the procedure and compensate that individual for the expenses?
Under your logic, should a resident of say California or Illinois get a tax credit from their state because Florida and Tennessee have no state tax?

In a federalist system, a citizen can move from one state to another for any reason including government policy. I would rather live in a country where people of differing opinions can live in a state that more closely reflects their values. If all laws are decided by the federal government, different opinions would be quashed.

If you don't agree with this then there's really nothing else to discuss. You've decided it's a zero sum game and if so you need to be on the losing side.

The posts above are from ONE PAGE in this thread and are to FOUR DIFFERENT posters.

You need to seriously look through your posting history and see how much of a prick you are. All you do is attack other posters and when you’re not directly attacking them, you’re trying to drum up support for your attacks by trying to make alliances with others to fight against other posters. You are hands down the HROT leader in that awful behavior and that is really saying something.

And you had the nerve to say it’s people like me that are damaging the country.
Oh. You're a dish it out and can't take it guy. Maybe pot meet kettle. I don't give a damn what you think of me. You're one of the worst. You know better. You don't have an excuse to post the BS you post on here. It just adds to the absolute nonsense talking points that MAGAs walk away with. You add to their bullshit. Shame on you for that. Again, you know better and are a problem because of what you post. I'll be nicer when morons stop attacking my country. Spouting falsehoods on here and try to pass them off as fact. You say you can't stand Trump and MAGA but you add to their narrative. To me, that makes you a problem.

You don't like me and I don't like you. I couldn't care less.

Reactions: IA_HAWKI
I see a lot of hard right and hard left views here. I think the majority of the country is more in the middle on this and ultimately does support Roe v Wade with stipulations.

I am not pro abortion, in fact I think it is pretty terrible. I also recognize that I haven't ever been faced with this situation and a baby could be incredibly difficult to handle, in particular for a young person. If any family member is ever faced with this choice in the future, I will happily become a new dad again as long as I am physically able.

I believe when a baby is viable to live outside the womb it is too late to abort. Not sure when that is, but my guess is 25-28+ weeks.

Viability.
When I had my baby after she was born she was completely dependent on me, thus she wasn't viable.So you are okay killing babies up and until they can fend for themselves? Maybe between 10-15 years old? That is when they are likley viable.

Try not being a coward and provide a timeline not a political talking point. 15 weeks? 20 weeks? 10 weeks? when?

When I had my baby after she was born she was completely dependent on me, thus she wasn't viable.So you are okay killing babies up and until they can fend for themselves? Maybe between 10-15 years old? That is when they are likley viable.

Try not being a coward and provide a timeline not a political talking point. 15 weeks? 20 weeks? 10 weeks? when?
You seem driven by emotions rather than logic and science. I can't say that I'm surprised.

Fetal viability is when a fetus is able to survive outside the uterus. According to science, this generally happens around 24 weeks.

You seem driven by emotions rather than logic and science. I can't say that I'm surprised.

Fetal viability is when a fetus is able to survive outside the uterus. According to science, this generally happens around 24 weeks.
So would support a law that made it a crime to have an abortion at or after 24 weeks?

Geraldo went at it with Faux propagandists on The Five

Blackmun sat on the board for the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. He was extremely concerned about back alley abortions and the dangers to women seeking an abortion. He spent most of the summer studying medical books on gestation and abortions before draft Roe v. Wade.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
You know the federal government can pass a law allowing abortion nationwide instead of relying on a supreme court ruling right? I'm curious why the gnashing of teeth without any legislation codifying it over the last 50 years.

If this does get overturned we will see the issue in front of the court again.

Look for gender studies to be banned in all red states, at all levels of education, in the next few years.

"domestic supply of infants" is trending thanks to the nutjobs on the supreme court

In 1972 Roe v. Wade was a 7-2 decision in favor of abortion. 5 of the 7 justices who voted “for” Roe were appointees to the SC by Republican presidents.
Today, it is rumored that Roe vs. Wade will be overturned 5-4. The major change in the past 50 years on the Supreme Court that has lead to this change, is the concerted effort by the religious evangelicals in this country to subvert the principle of “rule by law” and move towards rule by political opinion. We
Here does this end? (Most polls regRding the “legality” of Roe have shown abortion rights are favored by 65-70% of Americans. )
A couple of things 1. Republicans are not more to the right than they were 30 years ago if you believe that you're an idiot, 2. A lot of people that are pro keeping RVW believe removing it will make it illegal everywhere which obviously is true, 3. The Supreme Court should not be ruling based of popularity could you imagine what that would do to Criminal Courts if they just went with public opinion all the time? Holy Crap. 4. If abortion is so popular than people that are for it shouldn't have to worry because states wont actually ban it and if they do those politicians that voted to ban it will be removed the next election cycle. Or maybe it isn't as popular as you believe and even if it is most people don't find it to be the most important factor. 5. Almost every Constitutional lawyer/ or people with any knowledge of the Constitution right, left and center know that RVW was a terrible LEGAL decision not based at all in the constitution. Every Abortion case after that went to Supreme Court Ran away from the logic of RVW.

ADVERTISEMENT