ADVERTISEMENT

More Supreme Court Madness!!!!

You keep acting as if the vaccination will prevent the healthcare worker from getting and spreading Covid. With Omicron at the door, that just isn’t the case, so your argument is BS.
It did prevent infections! That's why they were called breakthrough cases.

Are you saying the vaccine did not prevent any infections or that they didn't prevent ALL infections? You last sentence is utterly moronic.

The vaccines MIGHT briefly prevent infection, but that sort of gold-standard immunity wanes very quickly.

Again, everyone in my company is fully-vaxxed and about half are "up to date" with boosters but it doesn't matter. People are getting excluded from work due to COVID positive tests all over the place.

The vaccines MIGHT briefly prevent infection, but that sort of gold-standard immunity wanes very quickly.

Again, everyone in my company is fully-vaxxed and about half are "up to date" with boosters but it doesn't matter. People are getting excluded from work due to COVID positive tests all over the place.
What? Briefly? Again, are you suggesting covid positive workers should be allowed at work?

The vaccine was 94 percent effective against Delta infection. The breakthroughs came after these decisions were made. I was on so many freakin' Zoom and Teams meetings about this crap.
Go ahead and provide a link. The vaccine was 94% effective against the original variant. Then came the British Variant and the Delta. With each new variant, that percentage dropped.

So provide a link that says the vaccine was 94% effective against delta.

That seems pretty effective. This idiot arguing that stopping severe illness and death is ineffective! Hahahahahahahaha

We're talking about whether or not a hospital worker creates extra risk of passing an infection to patients if the worker is unvaccinated. Try to keep up.

Moron. The vaxx was very affective against infection from Delta. This is what prompted the mandate. I don't know how to explain this in your language.
affective....you're right, your language is not mine.

And please explain "effective"? According to your data, it was 92-97% effective (again, in regards to what?) and that is bs., is there a controlled study that can show the difference between a health care worker who wasn't vaccinated vs. vaccinated?

Go ahead and provide a link. The vaccine was 94% effective against the original variant. Then came the British Variant and the Delta. With each new variant, that percentage dropped.

So provide a link that says the vaccine was 94% effective against delta.
Vaccine effectiveness against infection with the delta variant was 86.7% (95% confidence interval 84.3% to 88.7%), moderately lower than the high vaccine effectiveness against alpha (98.4%, 96.9% to 99.1%).

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj...h the delta variant was 86.7,, 96.9% to 99.1%).

What? Briefly? Again, are you suggesting covid positive workers should be allowed at work?

No one ever said that. Why do you keep saying it?

Of course no one wants COVID-positive people at work. Frequent testing helps prevent that from happening.

Vaccination does not.

Reactions: UKGrad93
We're talking about whether or not a hospital worker creates extra risk of passing an infection to patients if the worker is unvaccinated. Try to keep up.
And you said: "define "effective"... it damn sure wasn't effective at preventing infection. Just severe illness and death."

And im talking about what a stupid statement that is. Try to keep up.

Vaccine effectiveness against infection with the delta variant was 86.7% (95% confidence interval 84.3% to 88.7%), moderately lower than the high vaccine effectiveness against alpha (98.4%, 96.9% to 99.1%).

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj-2021-068848#:~:text=Vaccine effectiveness against infection with the delta variant was 86.7,, 96.9% to 99.1%).

That study says the vaccine prevented people from becoming so sick that they had to be admitted to a hospital.

It doesn't say anything about preventing infection or preventing an infected individual from spreading infection.

Please explain how a staff COVID vaccine mandate does anything at all for infection prevention and control in a hospital?
Just off the top of my head, wouldn't a fully vaccinated person likely have a lower viral load during peak infection times? Also wouldn't they have a shorter timeframe they are contagious?

Just off the top of my head, wouldn't a fully vaccinated person likely have a lower viral load during peak infection times? Also wouldn't they have a shorter timeframe they are contagious?

They're going to be excluded from work when they test positive, so none of that matters.

The date of that webpage (Junie 2021) was during the brief period when it seemed like the vaccine was going to work as advertised, but by September of 2021, everyone realized that didn't pan out.

Vaccines might have killed the Delta, but they ain't doing shit to stop the Omicron from spreading.

The vaxx still prevents infections from Omicron it is just a lower percentage. 33%. That is a high number for health care.

The vaxx still prevents infections from Omicron it is just a lower percentage. 33%. That is a high number for health care.

Tell that to all my coworkers who have been getting the jabs as recommended and still got freaking sick.

I read it, but the fact that someone would even argue that this only stops severe illness and death is pretty ridiculous, dont ya think?
The fact is, people were mandated to get vaccinated in a lot of professions. Obviously the healthcare profession is important, but the vaccinations we currently have do not prevent you from Getting and spreading Covid. The percentages of effectiveness dropped with each new variant to the point that people that are double vaxxed and double boosted are still getting infected.

The vaccines can help protect against getting infected, but the effectiveness has dropped considerably. The vaccines are pretty effective at preventing severe illness.

All that said, to mandate a healthcare worker to get an experimental vaccine that’s effectiveness at preventing infection has dropped considerably with each variant seems to be a bit much in my opinion.

When the vaccines first came out and we’re said to be 94% effective against infection for the original variant, I was all for the mandates. But as I mentioned above, that has all changed.

Tell that to all my coworkers who have been getting the jabs as recommended and still got freaking sick.
Not my fault. Thanks for the personal anecdote. It call comes back to you and having staffing problems during covid. Welcome to the rest of the world.

They're going to be excluded from work when they test positive, so none of that matters.
But asymptomatic people are not going to get a test (while still being contagious) and those who do come to work sick prior to getting their test will have less a chance to pass on the virus to others.

I work in a hospital and many times people have come to work just slightly sick (hello short staffed) then later tested positive. during those times with a lesser viral load maybe they would be less contagious to others?

But asymptomatic people are not going to get a test (while still being contagious) and those who do come to work sick prior to getting their test will have less a chance to pass on the virus to others.

I work in a hospital and many times people have come to work just slightly sick (hello short staffed) then later tested positive. during those times with a lesser viral load maybe they would be less contagious to others?

We have mandatory testing, as often as twice a week if the CDC says community spread is "High".

It's funny this is all going down while the Democrats control the White House, U.S. Senate and House of Representatives. Yet another rock solid Constitutional correct decision

Haha. Just go away.

Everybody knows the old vaccines don't work anymore.

Everybody knows the old vaccines don't work anymore.
Changing the discussion. I said right now. The vaccine is still 33% affective against Omicron. Now you are talking about future variants.

Changing the discussion. I said right now. The vaccine is still 33% affective against Omicron. Now you are talking about future variants.

No, I'm talking about the BA.5 variant, which is right here, right now.

Experts say BA.5 is the one to worry about: “The worst version of the virus that we’ve seen,” as Dr. Eric Topol, the founder of Scripps Research Translational Institute, recently put it. Together, the closely related BA.4 and BA.5 now account for the majority of new U.S. COVID cases, according to the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — but BA.5 (36.6%) is spreading a lot faster than BA.4 (15.7%). By early July, it will be the dominant strain in the U.S.

That’s troublesome for several reasons. To our immune system, the distance from BA.1 to heavily mutated BA.4 and BA.5 is “far greater,” Topol writes, than the distance from the original BA.1 virus to previous blockbuster variants such as Alpha and Delta — which makes them harder to recognize and respond to. According to the latest research, that could mean:

No, I'm talking about the BA.5 variant, which is right here, right now.

Experts say BA.5 is the one to worry about: “The worst version of the virus that we’ve seen,” as Dr. Eric Topol, the founder of Scripps Research Translational Institute, recently put it. Together, the closely related BA.4 and BA.5 now account for the majority of new U.S. COVID cases, according to the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — but BA.5 (36.6%) is spreading a lot faster than BA.4 (15.7%). By early July, it will be the dominant strain in the U.S.

That’s troublesome for several reasons. To our immune system, the distance from BA.1 to heavily mutated BA.4 and BA.5 is “far greater,” Topol writes, than the distance from the original BA.1 virus to previous blockbuster variants such as Alpha and Delta — which makes them harder to recognize and respond to. According to the latest research, that could mean:

Once again, less effective.

The fact is, people were mandated to get vaccinated in a lot of professions. Obviously the healthcare profession is important, but the vaccinations we currently have do not prevent you from Getting and spreading Covid. The percentages of effectiveness dropped with each new variant to the point that people that are double vaxxed and double boosted are still getting infected.

The vaccines can help protect against getting infected, but the effectiveness has dropped considerably. The vaccines are pretty effective at preventing severe illness.

All that said, to mandate a healthcare worker to get an experimental vaccine that’s effectiveness at preventing infection has dropped considerably with each variant seems to be a bit much in my opinion.

When the vaccines first came out and we’re said to be 94% effective against infection for the original variant, I was all for the mandates. But as I mentioned above, that has all changed.
Those people dont have to work in healthcare if they dont wanna.

SureJan.

These people invested their entire academic lives pursuing licensure as a healthcare practitioner, not knowing this shit was going to happen.
You know that when you sign up. 99 percent of our clinical staff happily got the jab. Must be nice to support your 1 percent.

ADVERTISEMENT