ADVERTISEMENT

Morgan Stanley Biotech Analyst Sees 2nd Wave of Covid 19 in Fall of 2020

Agreed. If this was true, why would we still be consuming sports articles?

Sports folks cover sports. Right now a lot of the focus on the national level is obviously COVID-19 related. When will sports leagues return or get started? What is the financial impact? Those sort of things are of interest to fans of sports.

Hahha those chryons yesterday on CNN were hilarious, but even more appropriate. The rewriting history one was.. wow. I didnt watch his address yesterday on CNN, but I did watch it, and holy crap. That was insane, even by Trump standards.

But its the same shit everyday- Trump says wildly inaccurate, or straight up lies. He then reverses course, or flat out says that didnt happen. He gets pressed on it, then lashes out, calls “the media” fake, “nasty”, etc. Then the majority of Americans sit there, jaws on the floor, wondering what in the hell is happening, while the MAGA base cheers him on for “making liberals heads explode” or something like that.

Trump, in an interview in Feb, saying that he didnt think this was a pandemic, then in March saying he was calling it a pandemic before anybody else did, and how he was pressed on that in his PC, is a good example of what I mean.

I know Trump isnt capable of this, at all, but man Id wish he’d just come out, get through his prepared remarks, hand it over to the professionals, thank everyone/say something inspirational when its done, then boom its over.

I mean, we kept air travel open and allow mass gatherings at grocery stores while canceling sports events and school, so I don’t expect common sense to take hold anytime soon.
Crazy isn't it, I know a flight attendant and last week she worked a flight from Denver to Chicago and then the return flight. Zero people on both flights. Just the crew. Makes no sense to me. As for grocery stores I don't know what you do for people to have access to food. Only curb side pick up? Not sure if that is feasible.

media needs to be accountable period

if they print /report/ tweet or whatever false information they need to be fined or held libel in some fashion . It helps nothing and no one when they post partially what someone said or innuendos or what they ' thought' someone meant or said.

This country is completely screwed if the media doesn't report on the Coronavirus. You want to fine them for telling the country that this could be bad and is bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how anybody can take what models are saying seriously. They have been waaaay off all along and those were with mitigation factored in. Sorry, I'm not buying these "model" numbers or future charts.
How bout those global warming predictions and charts that predicts decades and decades into the future;

Hahha those chryons yesterday on CNN were hilarious, but even more appropriate. The rewriting history one was.. wow. I didnt watch his address yesterday on CNN, but I did watch it, and holy crap. That was insane, even by Trump standards.

But its the same shit everyday- Trump says wildly inaccurate, or straight up lies. He then reverses course, or flat out says that didnt happen. He gets pressed on it, then lashes out, calls “the media” fake, “nasty”, etc. Then the majority of Americans sit there, jaws on the floor, wondering what in the hell is happening, while the MAGA base cheers him on for “making liberals heads explode” or something like that.

Trump, in an interview in Feb, saying that he didnt think this was a pandemic, then in March saying he was calling it a pandemic before anybody else did, and how he was pressed on that in his PC, is a good example of what I mean.

I know Trump isnt capable of this, at all, but man Id wish he’d just come out, get through his prepared remarks, hand it over to the professionals, thank everyone/say something inspirational when its done, then boom its over.
Right and CNN is totally truthful. CNN and MSNBC have distorted the truth so much nobody can trust them.

Now, before you get your panties all bunched up, Fox isn't any better. Listen to Dobbs and you just have to shake your head.

My point is you have shown us your political view and who you believe. That's fine. Others, including myself, have shown our views. However, calling each other, Trump or the press liars isn't solving anything. BOTH the press, all of them, and Trump have made statements that aren't completely factual.

My point is his comparison was to the Kavanaugh story and trying to make it about media bias. Basically, "the media" covered the Kavanaugh stuff non-stop and they are ignoring the Biden story because well, you know media bias. The fact is there's a way bigger and way more important story to be covering right now. Certainly you cover other stories if you can, but every single thing is going to be dwarfed by the COVID-19 content. For example, there may be other stories, like the tornadoes that hit the south over the weekend and normally that would be a significant story, but you try to cover it if you can. The problem right now is media resources are stretched thin. Without ad revenue, just about every major media outlet has even news side folks taking furloughs, so the stretched resources are stretched even more thin.

The New York Times is on record as saying they softened their article about Biden after complaints from the campaign. That has nothing to do with national attention. That's bias.

Right and CNN is totally truthful. CNN and MSNBC have distorted the truth so much nobody can trust them.

Now, before you get your panties all bunched up, Fox isn't any better. Listen to Dobbs and you just have to shake your head.

My point is you have shown us your political view and who you believe. That's fine. Others, including myself, have shown our views. However, calling each other, Trump or the press liars isn't solving anything. BOTH the press, all of them, and Trump have made statements that aren't completely factual.
Truth=This is a pandemic. Not truth=All the numbers. Doctors are reporting deaths as Covid-19 when they are not. Example: 86 yr old man dies. He test positive for covid 19. He had very bad heart. Covid 19 box checked. next example: mother gave birth to a baby 22 weeks early. She is positive for covid 19. Baby dies. premature baby dies of covid 19. These are numbers getting reported. Some are simply not true. These are things the media embellishes and only reports half-truths. Our media across the country is so skewed by politics they don't even know what to believe. And to top it all off the WHO is in China's corner. There are tweets from the WHO that claim there is no verification of human to human transfer as of JAN 14TH! Our world is a shitstorm right now and our media loves it no matter what side you take. We should not have to take sides. We are one. Thank you for listening to my rant.

The New York Times is on record as saying they softened their article about Biden after complaints from the campaign. That has nothing to do with national attention. That's bias.

If you read the article where Dean Baquet, the Executive Editor of the NYT, spoke about it on the record the only pushback from the campaign was the wording of a sentence and the NYT agreed that it read different than it intended. It didn't change the facts they reported in the article, according to Baquet. To me the fact that he spoke on the record about it shows transparency and that's a good thing.

a) Did you read what I wrote?

b) Which of them is the actual news story?

c) Which of them leads you to believe CNN reports objectively?

d) none of that excuses Trump

B) they are the news story. That’s the point getting lost.

I mean, we kept air travel open and allow mass gatherings at grocery stores while canceling sports events and school, so I don’t expect common sense to take hold anytime soon.
Yep...and you have to think that Sam Club, Costco, and grocery stores are each one big petri dish. If you think about the number of hands that touch each product to get it on the shelf, then the number of people who touch the product before taking it or putting it back......and you know most of them aren't wiping them down before they go in the house. Then you have those who wear gloves and cross contaminate. You'd think we'd all test positive by now?!

Sports folks cover sports. Right now a lot of the focus on the national level is obviously COVID-19 related. When will sports leagues return or get started? What is the financial impact? Those sort of things are of interest to fans of sports.
Totally agree, Tom, wasn't trying to be argumentative. Main point was agreeing with poster that consumers could handle (and are even seeking out) things other than covid coverage. (This coming from a guy who catches Reynolds daily briefings on TV and not much else, so I may not really be in touch with what is going on in the world of news television)

Reactions: TomKakert
Truth=This is a pandemic. Not truth=All the numbers. Doctors are reporting deaths as Covid-19 when they are not. Example: 86 yr old man dies. He test positive for covid 19. He had very bad heart. Covid 19 box checked. next example: mother gave birth to a baby 22 weeks early. She is positive for covid 19. Baby dies. premature baby dies of covid 19. These are numbers getting reported. Some are simply not true. These are things the media embellishes and only reports half-truths. Our media across the country is so skewed by politics they don't even know what to believe. And to top it all off the WHO is in China's corner. There are tweets from the WHO that claim there is no verification of human to human transfer as of JAN 14TH! Our world is a shitstorm right now and our media loves it no matter what side you take. We should not have to take sides. We are one. Thank you for listening to my rant.

If an 86 year old man has a bad ticker and has Covid-19, what we know is folks with underlying conditions like that are the most vulnerable. It's very likely that the day he died, he wouldn't have due to simply having a bad heart. He had Covid-19 and having that was directly related to the cause of death on that day.

And I agree completely that we shouldn't be taking sides. Covid-19 doesn't care what cable outlet you watch or what political party you support. We should be trying to work together and get past this pandemic as quickly as possible.

Im not a big fan of CNN, honestly. But what I was happy about was they were finally calling Trumps BS for what it is. Im just so tired of reading a demonstrative lie Trump said, something so not based in reality, and the have the reporting on it start with “Trump claims...”. Then, have this massive effort by the news org. to try to “both sides” it, and lend some legitimacy to his bs claim. Saying something like “Trump attempting to rewrite history...” much more accurately describes what Trump does, as opposed to some watered down “Trump claims”. Here, heres another example:

Im not a big fan of CNN, honestly. But what I was happy about was they were finally calling Trumps BS for what it is. Im just so tired of reading a demonstrative lie Trump said, something so not based in reality, and the have the reporting on it start with “Trump claims...”. Then, have this massive effort by the news org. to try to “both sides” it, and lend some legitimacy to his bs claim. Saying something like “Trump attempting to rewrite history...” much more accurately describes what Trump does, as opposed to some watered down “Trump claims”. Here, heres another example:

And you didn't get a thing I said.

Fine, you hate Trump. We get it, but to take CNN as the truth is just as bad as those who refuse to think Trump never does anything wrong. CNN has reported many false things, just like MSNBC, Fox and Trump.

Your hate of Trump has made you blind to the falsehoods made by the left leaning media. And again, I'm not defending Trump, I didn't even vote for him, I'm just pointing out you are refusing to see both sides. Both sides are less than honest.

If you don't think the liberal media is trying to fit a narrative I have some ocean front property in Arizona if you're interested.

Reactions: SharpHawk
My bad, Ghawk. I wont continue, just wanted to say I wasnt trying generalize you as someone youre not.

Also, Im not a fan of 24 hr news networks, regardless of their leaning.

My bad, Ghawk. I wont continue, just wanted to say I wasnt trying generalize you as someone youre not.

Also, Im not a fan of 24 hr news networks, regardless of their leaning.

Completely agree about the 24 hr news. That's why I've been watching a lot of "Big City Greens" with my grandsons (it's a cartoon for those without kids or grandkids). :D

Blah blah blah. It never ends. Trump phenomenon is very cultish. I think he has a huge ego that is very sensitive . News has always tried to sell adds by hyping events. Spanish American war was pushed by Hearst paper and the Pulitzer paper

now it’s fox and cnn both spin but fox is straight crazy talk for old angry people. Hannity sucks , lemon sucks. They are both so obnoxiously full of shit. They really try to divide the country for ratings and money.

I have to say watching the trump and that weird ass slide show was crazy. His time line did not have feb in it. When the reporter asked why , he got pissed. No one can pick on the biggest bully in school and trump is a bully but that is why he got elected. Oh wait Magen Kelly did make him skip a debate he is a egomaniac and when you call him out like most bullies he takes his ball and goes home. I voted for him but he is a tool.

Last edited:
My point is his comparison was to the Kavanaugh story and trying to make it about media bias. Basically, "the media" covered the Kavanaugh stuff non-stop and they are ignoring the Biden story because well, you know media bias. The fact is there's a way bigger and way more important story to be covering right now. Certainly you cover other stories if you can, but every single thing is going to be dwarfed by the COVID-19 content. For example, there may be other stories, like the tornadoes that hit the south over the weekend and normally that would be a significant story, but you try to cover it if you can. The problem right now is media resources are stretched thin. Without ad revenue, just about every major media outlet has even news side folks taking furloughs, so the stretched resources are stretched even more thin.
For example, Gary Condit/Chandra Levy in 2001.

Reactions: martinscooter

if they print /report/ tweet or whatever false information they need to be fined or held libel in some fashion . It helps nothing and no one when they post partially what someone said or innuendos or what they ' thought' someone meant or said.

Should we hold elected/public officials to same standard? If they tweet and state false information, what is their punishment? Again, I see both sides of the issue but both sides are doing the exact same thing.

Reactions: GHawk
You answer your own question in the first paragraph.
Media has all turned into the National inquirer always trying to break the newest sensation.
In the midst of the most difficult pandemic virtually any living being can remember you cannot find a single damn source to offer up the facts of what the hell is going on so people can have a little faith and trust.
Also in todays world there is no respect for others.

There are numerous sources giving factual, often quantified, information. They are all over the place. Just because you may not LIKE what the facts are doesn't mean they are not being distributed.

You say "media has ALL turned...". Do you really believe that? That ALL of "the media" has done that? If so, what's your definition of "the media".

Wrong board for this shit, but will definitely remember this conversation and the positions taken here.
I get that the Coronavirus is all over the news. Just wish we would keep the politics out of the Lounge. There are infinite places to read and discuss politics including the HR OT board. There used to be a rule in the Lounge about no political posts. Would love to get back to that.

To change the subject I was listening to Fox Sports Radio. The feeling was that the NFL will try to start on time. CFB has a much bigger challenge to play their season. Their feeling is that all parts of the country cannot and will not open up at the same time. The bottomline is nobody knows anything right now. The only way the country opens up is everybody gets the antibody test and while this is happening a vaccine is approved. People who need the vaccine are front-line personnel and the elderly. No one is playing sports until the Governors, Mayors, and the President open up our country. We are in this for the long run. Every two weeks will add 15 more days on lockdown. Do not be surprised if APR 30th becomes MAY 15 in a couple days. The good news is we seem to be hitting a plateau. The problem is the antibody test needs to be done to see who can get it. This will take weeks. We need to hunker down and look after each other no matter what. Take the CDC guidelines and go from there. I don't give a flying shit what CNN,FOX,NBC, ABC, RONALD MCDONALD say, analyze, spitball, predict, or anything. Whether you like it or not President Trump and the Governors are in charge. Stop arguing about past BS. It's not 1918, 1950 or whatever. This is a first! I would suggest you find some faith in your neighbor and help them with whatever. If everyone does this we can survive. I remember a quote from Denzel Washington in REMEMBER THE TITANS. "If we don't come together on this hollow ground, we too will be destroyed."

To change the subject I was listening to Fox Sports Radio. The feeling was that the NFL will try to start on time. CFB has a much bigger challenge to play their season. Their feeling is that all parts of the country cannot and will not open up at the same time. The bottomline is nobody knows anything right now. The only way the country opens up is everybody gets the antibody test and while this is happening a vaccine is approved. People who need the vaccine are front-line personnel and the elderly. No one is playing sports until the Governors, Mayors, and the President open up our country. We are in this for the long run. Every two weeks will add 15 more days on lockdown. Do not be surprised if APR 30th becomes MAY 15 in a couple days. The good news is we seem to be hitting a plateau. The problem is the antibody test needs to be done to see who can get it. This will take weeks. We need to hunker down and look after each other no matter what. Take the CDC guidelines and go from there. I don't give a flying shit what CNN,FOX,NBC, ABC, RONALD MCDONALD say, analyze, spitball, predict, or anything. Whether you like it or not President Trump and the Governors are in charge. Stop arguing about past BS. It's not 1918, 1950 or whatever. This is a first! I would suggest you find some faith in your neighbor and help them with whatever. If everyone does this we can survive. I remember a quote from Denzel Washington in REMEMBER THE TITANS. "If we don't come together on this hollow ground, we too will be destroyed."

Coming together on hollow ground seems like an especially bad idea.

You do realize we are in the middle of a pandemic, right? If there was a pandemic when the Kavanaugh stuff surfaced guess what wouldn't get covered at all...Kavanaugh stuff. I get that you want to make it about media bias, but the story is the pandemic and will be for months to come, as it should be.

Thought I would share who is reporting the story and who is not. Please note that this is from Fox News. I was hoping to find it on CNN but they weren't covering it.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-biden-assault-accuser-tara-reade

I’m sure all you said is true, but there are also some deaths, especially early on, that we’re not reported as Covid-19 related.

Thought I would share who is reporting the story and who is not. Please note that this is from Fox News. I was hoping to find it on CNN but they weren't covering it.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-biden-assault-accuser-tara-reade

Not sure why you are obsessed with this, but MSNBC, which is much more on the left, is covering the story.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...against-biden-include-sexual-assault-n1182296

Washington Post and NYT covering the story. Vanity Fair, covering the story. The whole idea that is it being ignored the much hated media is false given the evidence. If you are concerned about CNN, you should email Jeff Zucker and ask him why he isn't.

Reactions: PNWHawk
Not sure why you are obsessed with this, but MSNBC, which is much more on the left, is covering the story.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...against-biden-include-sexual-assault-n1182296

Washington Post and NYT covering the story. Vanity Fair, covering the story. The whole idea that is it being ignored the much hated media is false given the evidence. If you are concerned about CNN, you should email Jeff Zucker and ask him why he isn't.

I think Salon, which is a big time Left publication, published one of the first stories about this.

Should the President also be held accountable?

Or is this just a one way street for you?

I think Salon, which is a big time Left publication, published one of the first stories about this.

Salon's motivation may have been to undercut Biden and prop up Bernie -- who I'm guessing they supported. Tom's got a good point about Covid-19 dominating the news and suffocating other stories that would normally be "stories". However, I can promise you the major networks would have found time to report on the Kavanaugh accuser had it been going on during this time. I remember back in '92, network news people / reporters were polled and asked who they supported for president. 92% said Clinton. I would propose that it would be even higher this year for Biden. Networks / Newspapers are much more partisan now than I can ever remember. The balance to that, or course, is the proliferation of conservative, alternative / internet media outlets. Some are good. Some are whack-jobs. But it was a natural evolution to counter the hard left turn that legacy media outlets have taken.

Like is often the case , Trump's rhetoric on the COVID issue is dumb and sometimes reckless. His actions have been more measured and sensible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT