ADVERTISEMENT

Mosai Newsom Could Commit To Nebraska This Weekend

Mar 14, 2003
Heard Nebraska sports radio and it sounds like they are pretty confident. Said he is most likely out of all their visits to commit this weekend. Him and his dad really like Nebby. This is his third visit and they've really connected with Eric Chinander.

Well if true we’ll take Henrich and they can have Newsome. I don’t see newsome jumping on anything yet though. Pretty sure he wanted to take more visits like Stanford and wait til fall. Although he hasn’t been around Iowa City as of late I don’t believe. Not sure how he feels about Iowa

Reactions: deanhawk88
Heard Nebraska sports radio and it sounds like they are pretty confident. Said he is most likely out of all their visits to commit this weekend. Him and his dad really like Nebby. This is his third visit and they've really connected with Eric Chinander.
Probably because he has a better chance for early playing time there.

Just like they were saying how Duggan was going to commit a few months ago after visiting there. I'll believe it when I see it.

Commence with the "he's not that good"', "early playing time", "we didn't really want him" and the "probably struggles academically" stuff :) Unless he doesn't commit and then commits to us.. then it's a wise choice... came to his senses... etc. Recruiting merry-go-round

Reactions: wadeo24
Well if true we’ll take Henrich and they can have Newsome. I don’t see newsome jumping on anything yet though. Pretty sure he wanted to take more visits like Stanford and wait til fall. Although he hasn’t been around Iowa City as of late I don’t believe. Not sure how he feels about Iowa
Oh no, Nebraska now leads for Henrich after his visit. Atleast that’s what they say after anyone visits.

If he goes to Nebby, it's ok, he can enjoy coming home each summer hearing from his buddies on how the Hawks handed it to the Huskers for the next four years. ;) Besides, no one recruit makes a class, there will be others that we will get that will take our minds off him. I heard we just offered a JUCO DE all american now so maybe the writing is already on the wall with the Iowa coaches.

If he goes to Nebby, it's ok, he can enjoy coming home each summer hearing from his buddies on how the Hawks handed it to the Huskers for the next four years. ;) Besides, no one recruit makes a class, there will be others that we will get that will take our minds off him. I heard we just offered a JUCO DE all american now so maybe the writing is already on the wall with the Iowa coaches.
Agreed, if Wiltfong says it there is a chance it has some validity. The others wet there fingers and point it in the air to see where the wind is blowing.

Okay, so the Frost team can recruit. But can they coach???

This kid had grown up wearing black and gold. To go with Nebraska will make me physically ill. I have close connections with Waverly Shell Rock and I will never be the same.

Honestly, I'll be physically ill.

Umm, they thought Duggan was a good fit for their offense. However, there was never the chatter like there is about Newsom.

Actually yeah plenty of people posting here about how he was going to commit after his visit and those in Lincoln were expecting it and cited multiple sources out there. Maybe you should quit listening to Nebraska radio they tend to over state things with their "chatter" over there.

But maybe he does but there have been plenty post here about so and so kid will probably commit to Iowa or another school because they heard it from sources X, Y & Z and in the end what ever the poster said frequently doesn't happen. That's why I'm not losing any sleep over it especially since it's coming from Husker radio loons.

I honestly can’t imagine a young man from Iowa attending Nebraska, but it did occur to me today that one of the Husker coaches is from Allison, Iowa only 19 miles from Waverly. So perhaps a fake connection is being presented. :cool:

Every kid nationwide coming out of highschool wants to play for Frost....where have you been? They are turning 4 * and 5* kids away, they don't have any room for them all.
Give it a year or 2, Eric Chinander will be hated by Neb fans..he will be Scotty's first scapegoat.

I watched a little of the Nebraska spring game. I think it will be very interesting to see how his up tempo offense affects his defense. 9 times out of 10 these offenses do the defense ZERO favors.

Just seems to contradict what he has been preaching about being this big physical football team like the olden days. Welcome to the Big 10. Black shirts prolly be more like pink shirts .

You'll find out . :cool:

Heard it before due to the hirings of Callahan, Pelini, Riley, and now Frost.

Not sure if you are aware but Nebraska has had over 30 head coaches and a couple caught lightning in a bottle due to steroids w/ a strength program that was tops in the country at the time, prop 13, and a really good walk on program. Every program has that now less steroids. Nebraska is an average program and will never be that team from the late 90’s ever again. I just wonder how long before golden boy gets shown the door in pursuit of the perfection he continuously talks about obtaining.

I watched a little of the Nebraska spring game. I think it will be very interesting to see how his up tempo offense affects his defense. 9 times out of 10 these offenses do the defense ZERO favors.

Just seems to contradict what he has been preaching about being this big physical football team like the olden days. Welcome to the Big 10. Black shirts prolly be more like pink shirts .
Big12 team in the Big10. Spread offense and no defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT