ADVERTISEMENT

Moss Interest.. Hes not leaving to be the guy..

am I to assume he was told by Fran he will be a bench player in 19-20?

I doubt he was told he would be a bench player, but I suspect he recognized his minutes wouldn't be going up. Plus, Moss wasn't consistently used in late game situations, instead going with Connor as he is a better ball handler and decision maker. There were times it seemed like a good decision and other times it was incredibly frustrating to see Moss sitting on the bench when he had been shooting/playing well.

Reactions: cleotishaywood
I'd take him out here at Arizona State. Losing Dort to the NBA hurts at that position. He could be a good stop gap guy plus we have a stud juco that was averaging 30 a game coming in but you never know how those work out.

That's not true, IA beat MN on 2/14/16 and on 1/30/18. Searching the internet really isn't that hard.

2016 was the Gesell/Woody/Uthoff group. But yes, we did beat them once that I didn't remember two years ago. Thought we only played them once each the last two years. It does ring a bell now though because I remember hurrying home from dinner to watch it only to get sick, so probably didn't actually get to watch much of it.

Reactions: skydog0784
There were rumors floating around last week that a likely landing spot for Moss was Loyola because he wanted to be closer to home. Apparently that was a lie.

You are correct as well, I saw 2016 but you're right in that they would have started their IA careers in the Fall of 2016; my bad.

Thanks for the contrite response on that count as well as the 2018 oversight.

He probably should be a bench player; he had som nice highlights, but a lot of lowlights at Iowa. I don’t wish all these other programs the best, and he will not be a savior for any of them

I dont disagree, but he was a valuable spot up shooter (top 3 % on team?) and a senior, and we are not blessed with many guards, so given he would have likely still played a decent amount of minutes, just trying to rationalize why he is leaving

Reactions: Auger
All of those teams need major help and he would be in a featured role.
He would be a complementary player at Illinois. Three of the top 6 freshmen scorers in UI history are on the team. He would not be featured over Ayo, Frazier or Giorgi. He would definitely be a good fourth or fifth scorer.

Illinois was very young last year against the second toughest schedule in the country, but they are a year older and add Kofi Cockburn in the middle and likely grad transfer TJ Holyfield who played for Underwood at SFA. Moss would be s nice piece to add, but I expect him to go elsewhere.

None of those places would he be the star, which is what I assumed he was going for. If that’s what he wanted I’d think MVC would be a landing spot. But hey whatever it’s his life.

None of those places would he be the star, which is what I assumed he was going for. If that’s what he wanted I’d think MVC would be a landing spot. But hey whatever it’s his life.
Moss would be a great addition to Illinois State. He'd have a chance to lead a team and work on his consistency.

He would be a complementary player at Illinois. Three of the top 6 freshmen scorers in UI history are on the team. He would not be featured over Ayo, Frazier or Giorgi. He would definitely be a good fourth or fifth scorer.

Illinois was very young last year against the second toughest schedule in the country, but they are a year older and add Kofi Cockburn in the middle and likely grad transfer TJ Holyfield who played for Underwood at SFA. Moss would be s nice piece to add, but I expect him to go elsewhere.

Yeah I think Illinois and Minnesota will be the surprise teams in the B1G next year. You covered Illinois. Minnesota has two nice sit out transfer that will be eligible next year. One who is a great PG who is expected to average15ppg and 5-6apg. Oturo is also going to be a double double machine and will likely be the top defensive post player not named Teske. Both Illinois and Minnesota have a potential lottery guy on their team with some nice complimentary players. Minnesota also added a nice grad transfer recently. Rutgers is another team that could surprise. Basically return everyone from a young team and even added some nice players. B1G is going to be a grind again.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
I don’t think he’ll be the difference maker against Iowa in any of the mention games.

Reactions: owenhawk
Also another thing to note is the wording he is only visiting one of them, the rest are just showing interest. Which could mean he has one offer and a bunch of just phone calls.

Iowa beat MN in Iowa City last year.

meaning calendar 2018...not last season 2018-19. Clever way to carve up the seasons to slant your numbers. That way you avoid the loss to ISU in 2017 (17-18 season) yet count the win against Minn in the same season because it fell after Jan 1 into 2018. And you count the win againt isu in Dec 2018 while ignoring the loss to Minn in early 2019 (despite that they fell in the same season). You should be a politician or "journalist"...better yet a global warming scientist. Way to scrape your data selectively.

Whatever. point is... going to Minnesota or ISU would still be a bit of a jab.

meaning calendar 2018...not last season 2018-19. Clever way to carve up the seasons to slant your numbers. That way you avoid the loss to ISU in 2017 (17-18 season) yet count the win against Minn in the same season because it fell after Jan 1 into 2018. And you count the win againt isu in Dec 2018 while ignoring the loss to Minn in early 2019 (despite that they fell in the same season). You should be a politician or "journalist"...better yet a global warming scientist. Way to scrape your data selectively.

Whatever. point is... going to Minnesota or ISU would still be a bit of a jab.
What I said was right and what you said was wrong. No matter how you try to explain it. Typical spinner.

Pretty sure I saw them beat Minnesota in Iowa City in the miserable year of 2017-18.

You did, I corrected my mistake earlier. I was sick the night they won that game, so I had forgotten about it. Now I remember that night more clearly for the wrong reasons lol.

He should go to Cinci. His game was exactly what they needed for them to beat us in the 1st round.

ADVERTISEMENT