ADVERTISEMENT

Most Democrats Don’t Want Biden in 2024, New Poll Shows

Do people become less moral as they age?

As long as Biden can still remember where he left the nuclear football, I'll take him over any Republican - simply because his values will be much better, at any age.

That said, I don't expect him to run in 2024. I'm guessing most party folks know that he won't run.

Which is why we are seeing ads by Gavin Newsom attacking DeSantis. That would be an interesting race.

Which other potential Dem candidates have been upping their visibility? I don't watch the usual shows, but I did see Amy and Pete recently. Are they starting to campaign (unofficially)? That would be an interesting ticket. The "nice guys" against the angry theo-fascists.

On the R side, would Cheney be interested in the VP slot? I doubt it, but if the GOP wants to leave Trump behind, that could be a good choice.
There is no way in Hell that Cheney will be on the Republican ticket. She is anathema to the Trumpkin base, and will likely have to run for reelection to Congress as an Independent.

That's now. But what about a year or 2 from now?

If she runs and wins as an independent, that could improve her presidential chances.
She was kicked out of her leadership position by her own caucus, and her party has rallied around her challenger. There aren’t enough democrats in Wyoming to overcome losing her party’s nomination. As an elected official, she will have to pull off a political miracle to get re-elected, then somehow run a national campaign a year later?

Reactions: cigaretteman
She was kicked out of her leadership position by her own caucus, and her party has rallied around her challenger. There aren’t enough democrats in Wyoming to overcome losing her party’s nomination. As an elected official, she will have to pull off a political miracle to get re-elected, then somehow run a national campaign a year later?

Liz's only chance at maintaining a political career is to bolt Wyoming and then reemerge as a Democrat somewhere else...

Reactions: CaboKP
Constraints? Trump was everywhere. Biden’s team chose a different route because people viewed him as a safe option to Trump and he had name recognition.

No other candidate could have taken that approach. They would have had to campaign
Not against Trump they wouldn’t have. Trump did all the campaigning the Dems had to do. Trump was a Class A Asshat, campaigned as such, proved himself to be worse than what most Americans thought he was..ABs America told him “no!” By many millions of votes.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I like Joe. I knew Joe would bring a sense of normalcy back to a fractured and wounded country. But I never saw him as anything thing more than a pause so we could catch or national breath. Joe has done his bit, he has served his country well...but know its time for him to enjoy some quiet time and let someone else take up the yoke. Who? I don't know for sure. But I do know that we have some big decisions coming up soon, and neither a Trump or a Biden will do this time.
That might be what you hoped for but no, he did not bring back any sense of normalcy.
Also, how did he serve his country well?

I would be a little surprised if Joe lasted until 2024 so not a shocker that he won't or shouldn't run. The lastest extensive publishing of Hunter's information does not help at all. Dems need someone new and would imagine many Republicans feel the same way about DJT.

Honestly, this has to be among the least surprising item of today. Start with the fact that the reality is that people were never nearly as affirmatively passionate about Joe Biden as they were negatively passionate in their opposition to Trump. All very fair. Add to it that (i) let's face it, the country's kinda in the shitter at the moment, (ii) the conventional wisdom is that D's may take a shellacking this fall, which leads to the natural instinct to blame someone/eat your own, and (iii) the democratic party has likely moved somewhat left, and you get a completely unremarkable result in a survey like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: EasyHawk
The country needs to move on from Democrats or at least this version of the party. We gave total control to Democrats and it's a complete disaster.
The Republicans are going to nominate a complete disaster of a human in Trump for a third time if he runs. A majority of the country will vote for his opponent for a 3rd time if that happens

Not against Trump they wouldn’t have. Trump did all the campaigning the Dems had to do. Trump was a Class A Asshat, campaigned as such, proved himself to be worse than what most Americans thought he was..ABs America told him “no!” By many millions of votes.

Honestly I thought Biden and his people ran a brilliant campaign. They learned from Hillary in 2016 that you didn’t need to respond to every comment Trump made, and instead let everyone be able to see how dumb trumps comments were on their own.

In 2016 the thought was that you had to counter everything Trump said. Four years later they learned and let trump self-destruct on his own, especially with a candidate who was prone to gaffes.

I like Joe. I knew Joe would bring a sense of normalcy back to a fractured and wounded country. But I never saw him as anything thing more than a pause so we could catch or national breath. Joe has done his bit, he has served his country well...but know its time for him to enjoy some quiet time and let someone else take up the yoke. Who? I don't know for sure. But I do know that we have some big decisions coming up soon, and neither a Trump or a Biden will do this time.
This. I hope for the best from/for all my presidents, based on our needs and their capabilities. And what I hoped for from President Biden was (i) a little reduction in the temperature of things, (ii) his "legislator's DNA" would lead to more consensus-based policy, and (iii) a foreign policy that was a bit more strategic and a bit less reactive. At best, we've gotten 1-1.5 out of those 3. But, at the end of the day, we elect our presidents for four year terms (and funny positive things sometimes happen two years in), so short of 25th amendment problems, I'm not on board with those favoring some sort of resignation or the like after the midterms.

The answer "should" be, "right after we start talking about regulating college tuition the way we talk about regulating drug prices." Because they're pretty much the exact same model.
Sure, but that isn’t going to happen in the next few months. I predict the desperation will rise and the freebies will begin to flow.

Sure, but that isn’t going to happen in the next few months. I predict the desperation will rise and the freebies will begin to flow.
There is nothing quite so dangerous as unitarily control government a few months before a general election it's not slated to perform well in. Well, that and a "consultant slide deck" from McKinsey and Company

Seriously though, in the world of college tuition, we have federally backed subsidies for tuition in a market where tuition is almost completely unregulated and the end product being subsidized is subject to almost no deliverables requirements. In what world of compliance controls does that possibly make sense? Meanwhile, while there are certainly third party subsidies of drugs via federal benefit programs, there is concomitant pricing regulation to limit the government's exposure for those subsidies.

There is nothing quite so dangerous as unitarily control government a few months before a general election it's not slated to perform well in. Well, that and a "consultant slide deck" from McKinsey and Company

Seriously though, in the world of college tuition, we have federally backed subsidies for tuition in a market where tuition is almost completely unregulated and the end product being subsidized is subject to almost no deliverables requirements. In what world of compliance controls does that possibly make sense? Meanwhile, while there are certainly third party subsidies of drugs via federal benefit programs, there is concomitant pricing regulation to limit the government's exposure for those subsidies.
Maybe the place to start Aarvark is by having the individual states adequately SUPPORT and fibance their own state colleges and universities?
Take Iowa for example….when I was college age tge state paid for 74% of my education and I was responsible for the balance (1967-1970). Today the state finances 25% of the costs and the individual finances tge other 75%. Wonder why student loans and their costs are soaring? Now Iowa certainly is not alone in this but it is an interesting study. Something needs to be done….the course we are on now is unsustainable and fails to address college education costs.

Maybe the place to start Aarvark is by having the individual states adequately SUPPORT and fibance their own state colleges and universities?
Take Iowa for example….when I was college age tge state paid for 74% of my education and I was responsible for the balance (1967-1970). Today the state finances 25% of the costs and the individual finances tge other 75%. Wonder why student loans and their costs are soaring? Now Iowa certainly is not alone in this but it is an interesting study. Something needs to be done….the course we are on now is unsustainable and fails to address college education costs.
Without a doubt, if states were more primarily responsible for financing the "prices" of their public universities, it is a near certainty that universities would be a lot more attentive to their "costs" than now, and that in turn there would be a lot less administrative dead weight in university bureaucracies. Beyond that, note that the remaining 75% of "price" isn't really borne by the individual; it's substantially borne by the feds, and at a cost that brings more, not less bloat.

Fed finds 75% of $800 billion Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) didn't reach workers. More than 90% of the PPP loans were forgiven, going to the ultra-wealthy. A known scam as it was happening under the Trump admin. All while unemployment was abruptly cut.

Blue collar conservatives voted this grifter into office to fleece the American taxpayer (that’s you)

What was the first red flag….hmmm

“94 percent of Democrats under the age of 30 said they would prefer a different presidential nominee.”

This is a pretty wild stat lol
I think Biden’s track record is actually going to look pretty good by the end of this term, by the way things are trending. He’s just simply too old. He will always be a hero for crushing Trump.

Be curious on how many university employees actually teach credited class today vs 30 years ago.

sure seems to me a lot of administrative overhead today.

that comes from lots of student loans and “free money” that eventually falls onto the student.

2 years of junior college and two years of state school is still good value. You can also load up on free credits in high school now.

I think Biden’s track record is actually going to look pretty good by the end of this term, by the way things are trending.
cdd225f1-e9a8-4e93-9805-77fddf148be8_text.gif

The country needs to move on from Democrats or at least this version of the party. We gave total control to Democrats and it's a complete disaster.

I would rather have DeSantis or Glen Youngkin.
^ What sort of brain damage is involved when one can't even remember 2020? Let me guess, another idiot that thinks global inflation and global oil prices are Biden's fault? 🤣

Reactions: Tom Paris
Well, Lincoln didn’t serve two terms. And since he’s the best since Lincoln…makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT