ADVERTISEMENT

Most Dominant Worlds Performance by a US Wrestler Since??

wyldhawk9

HR MVP
Dec 27, 2004
Columbus, OH
I know Adeline Gray was only scored on once(1 point in 1 period when it was still first to win 2 periods) in 2012 and 2 of her 4 wins were by Fall. As far as the Men go, Burroughs won the 2013 World Championships by a combined score of 34-3. His closest match was 4-0 and the 2 matches he gave up points were 7-1 and 9-2.

Edited to add: In 2015, Gray won 49-4. Her matches went: 10-0, 6-0, 10-0, 10-2 and 13-2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gusaford
There was another in her semi where she transitioned off the failed sweep to a single to an ankle pick-chain wrestling at its finest, mat awareness of the very best. Very impressed again today, but have been since I first saw her wrestle at 2011 WTT in OKC.
Again Kalika. Pico would sometimes use that sweep to pick up a single. I wonder if Kalika is available to coach the senior greco team... at least until Bryan Merlin is given the job.

Again Kalika. Pico would sometimes use that sweep to pick up a single. I wonder if Kalika is available to coach the senior greco team... at least until Bryan Merlin is given the job.
I would hope he wouldn't teach the greco team a foot sweep, though :eek:. But isn't he at NYC RTC now coaching with Kendall Cross?

Helen is the most dominant wrestler in the world right now. She deserves even more recognition then she is getting her success will propel women's wrestling. I have watched the asian women over the years they are great technicians Helen could be the best ever by the time she is done. Because I have a daughter that is now participating in wrestling I have greater outlook on women in the sport I believe women can have a great impact on growing the sport in the US . I hope she coaches somewhere on the east coast I would glady sign my daughter up for her tutelage and training...

Trisha Saunders won 4 World Championships and one silver medal before Women's freestyle was an Olympic sport.

She most likely would have won an Olympic gold in 200 (I think it was), as it was between her 1999 and 2001 Championships.

Not saying Helen isn't great, she is. The level of competition is much higher today.
But we can't dismiss what Saunders and that era of women did to get them to today.

Just sayin...

ADVERTISEMENT