ADVERTISEMENT

Most Intense Movie Scenes

Every freaking scene in Uncut Gems.

I hate that movie. It’s probably what the Joker watched before he lost it (that scene above made me want to see that movie.... will probably regret it as well)

FearfulGrouchyFrenchbulldog-size_restricted.gif

"You ain't never gonna get down to Aintry."

"Well, why not?"

"Cause... This river don't go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn. See, a... This here river don't go nowhere near Aintry."

Ned Beatty proceeds to be remembered as the guy who was made to "SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!"

"You ain't never gonna get down to Aintry."

"Well, why not?"

"Cause... This river don't go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn. See, a... This here river don't go nowhere near Aintry."

Ned Beatty proceeds to be remembered as the guy who was made to "SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!"

I am currently reading this book!

The Day After, nuclear bomb scene. I was 7 when this came out in 1983. My parents and older sister watched, but they wouldn’t let me or my brother watch. I remember the movie event was a pretty big deal. I think on a Sunday night on one of the major networks? Reagan even spoke about it. Had everyone spooked, especially with the uneasiness with Russia at the time. Older movie, but holds up well even to this day.

The Day After, nuclear bomb scene. I was 7 when this came out in 1983. My parents and older sister watched, but they wouldn’t let me or my brother watch. I remember the movie event was a pretty big deal. I think on a Sunday night on one of the major networks? Reagan even spoke about it. Had everyone spooked, especially with the uneasiness with Russia at the time. Older movie, but holds up well even to this day.

I was in junior high school. We were assigned to watch it. It was one of the most jarring things I've ever seen, especially up to that time.

I was 12 when this came out. I was scared shïtless for a good year after this...thinking nuclear conflict was right around the corner.

Reactions: Twoooooooo
Tarantino blew their entire music budget getting the rights to use Steelers wheel just for that particular scene.

The entire soundtrack is perfect. Tarantino does that better than most.
Steven Wright as the DJ is a great touch too.

Sophie's Choice where she has to give up one of her two children for certain death at the concentration camp.

I have a BIL who was a medic in Vietnam and he cannot watch films like Platoon or Saving Private Ryan.

When I was in Kindergarten we had to watch a video on bus safety because a bunch of kids were not being safe. The video was very graphic, showing kids getting run over by the bus and you could hear their bones crunching and see their blood.

From a movie, I think the scene where Corporal Oppum is climbing the steps while his buddy is wrestling with the German, who eventually stabs him.

My son thinks the final scene in Fury is more intense than anything in Saving Private Ryan.

I literally couldn’t talk for 30 minutes after seeing Saving Private Ryan. I went with my dad, and every time I tried to say something on the car ride home, my voice cracked and I just wanted to cry.

I was 21 at the time, which was about the same age as most of the soldiers who died in Normandy and elsewhere in WWII. Kept thinking, “damn, those guys were my age.” Hit me hard.

Kept thinking about the horrific beach scene ... the soldier crying for his mommy ... Private Ryan as an elderly man weeping at and saluting his Captain’s grave ... Private Ryan asking his wife if he’d lived a good life ... the music playing at the end as they showed all the headstones in the cemetery and the U.S. flag.

Powerful stuff.

I literally couldn’t talk for 30 minutes after seeing Saving Private Ryan. I went with my dad, and every time I tried to say something on the car ride home, my voice cracked and I just wanted to cry.
Great reference...it affected me deeply for days, couldn't even sleep for a few. The film enabled my Papaw to open up about his WWII experiences for the first time in my life. It was eye opening for us both. (I, too, was 21).

ADVERTISEMENT