ADVERTISEMENT

Most likely to get 1000 yard receiver, rusher, or 2500 yd passer next year?

gryzz14

Rookie
Sep 24, 2004
I was reading the Big 10 Blog on another website and was surprised Iowa last had a 1000 yd rusher or 1000 yard recever or 2500 yd passer in 2011. JR came pretty close last year. I am not sure about the durability of CJ or Canzeri, but CJ did say he could have went if his number was called when Iowa said he was hurt. I do not think they will have him running the option and they may teach him to slide in the off-season. Of course, one JR optimist here thinks JR will be in the mix, guess we will learn about that March 25th.

I am not sure what naming the younger Ferentz as run coordinator will mean. Does that mean more runs, new schemes, or just working with rushers? Iowa had 2 games where they had over 50 pass attempts (Ball St and Maryland), and while Iowa was behind in those games, they were pretty close. And they got walloped in the Minnesota game, but had few pass attempts, so not sure how much being ahead/behind will factor in.

I would like to see all 3, but I think Tevaun might have a breakout year and be the most likely. CJ might get it, but see him tucking it away more than dumping it off if the o-line breaks down in pass protection. I'd like to see Canzeri get some of the runs he had in the Tenn game, but the coaches might still limit him even if he is successful due to the injury history.

With nobody being a not valid answer, who do you see being the most productive on offense next year?

Originally posted by gryzz14:
I was reading the Big 10 Blog on another website and was surprised Iowa last had a 1000 yd rusher or 1000 yard recever or 2500 yd passer in 2011. JR came pretty close last year. I am not sure about the durability of CJ or Canzeri, but CJ did say he could have went if his number was called when Iowa said he was hurt. I do not think they will have him running the option and they may teach him to slide in the off-season. Of course, one JR optimist here thinks JR will be in the mix, guess we will learn about that March 25th.

I am not sure what naming the younger Ferentz as run coordinator will mean. Does that mean more runs, new schemes, or just working with rushers? Iowa had 2 games where they had over 50 pass attempts (Ball St and Maryland), and while Iowa was behind in those games, they were pretty close. And they got walloped in the Minnesota game, but had few pass attempts, so not sure how much being ahead/behind will factor in.

I would like to see all 3, but I think Tevaun might have a breakout year and be the most likely. CJ might get it, but see him tucking it away more than dumping it off if the o-line breaks down in pass protection. I'd like to see Canzeri get some of the runs he had in the Tenn game, but the coaches might still limit him even if he is successful due to the injury history.

With nobody being a not valid answer, who do you see being the most productive on offense next year?
Ferentz as run game coordinator means that he will scheme the running game. GD will scheme the passing game and still 'call' the plays as OC. White will still coach the backs.
I see Austin Blythe being the most productive on offense next year if he moves back to center. His 'line calls' to a lot of young lineman will be critical to the success of anyone offensively.

I look for Smith to get 800-900 yards receiving and Wadley to get over 1000 yards rushing, IA got over 5200 yards total for a 400 yards per game avg, no reason to not see that happen again, JR and CJ combined for over 3000 yards, and ifd not for JR missing 2 out of 13 games due to injury or not playing he had 2439 yards passing

1/2 of the PITT game
all of the Purdue game
more than 1/2 of the bowl game. and MW had 812 yards rushing on just 213 carries when most RB's were getting over 285 carries on the season

Re: Most likely to get 1000 yard receiver, rusher, or 2500 yd passer

I don't foresee us having a 1,000 receiver as long as Davis is here. Unless we have some stud on campus that can catch in traffic and break tackles.

I do see a 1,000 back, but I don't think it will happen this up coming season. Possibly the following tho.

I do think CJ will toss the ball for more than 2,500. He tends to push the ball down field more. I expect double digit INTs from him as well.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yeah I don't think our line will ever get to where we would like it to be to have a 1,000 yd rusher this next year. No way any of the guys we have will get to 1,000 yds. We don't have any Marvin McNutt's on the team who we'll constantly target and have them break for big yards next year. Either that or it will be a fairly decent spread among the guys we do have.

That leaves us with passing. I think Iowa usually hovers close to the 2,500 yd mark most years depending on how good or bad our offense is, and what our QB situation is (new QB, veteran etc etc). I think with another year under his belt and a decent number of receivers returning....not to mention we will most likely need to throw more this year, I think it's reasonable to say Beathard could reach 2,500 yds passing.

most teams don't have 1000+ yard receivers, and Davis along with 99.9% of OC's spread it out, TE, RB's and 4-5 WR's tend to get catches, so it is awful hard for just 1 WR to get over a 1000+ yards, last season there were 37 receivers went for over 1000 yards receiving.

unless this team start throwing the Ball 40-50 + per game it is going to be hard to get a WR to go over a 1000 Yards not if you expect this team to have a 1000+ yard rusher as well.

I would love to see it, but that is asking a lot.

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset:
Yeah I don't think our line will ever get to where we would like it to be to have a 1,000 yd rusher this next year. No way any of the guys we have will get to 1,000 yds. We don't have any Marvin McNutt's on the team who we'll constantly target and have them break for big yards next year. Either that or it will be a fairly decent spread among the guys we do have.

That leaves us with passing. I think Iowa usually hovers close to the 2,500 yd mark most years depending on how good or bad our offense is, and what our QB situation is (new QB, veteran etc etc). I think with another year under his belt and a decent number of receivers returning....not to mention we will most likely need to throw more this year, I think it's reasonable to say Beathard could reach 2,500 yds passing.
2 new tackles are a big question mark. I believe they will improve as they gain experience. Always growing pains with consistency, but I think they have a lot of 'un-tapped potential'. (no, I'm not Pinnochio, the motivational speaker, I'm MattFoley, the motivational speaker, lol)
I believe Canzeri, Daniels, and Wadley will all play alot, so I don't see any of them getting enough carries to get 1000 yds. They could all get 700-800 yds. and I'd be happy because it would mean they are moving the ball on the ground pretty well.
Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see. Always interesting.

Most likely is CJB throws for 2500 yards.

CJ will get 2500. That doesn't seem too hard to do.

Absolutely no receiver will get 1000 IMO.

Running back could if they didn't have what looks to be 4-6 guys that will be getting carries.

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

2 new tackles are a big question mark. I believe they will improve as they gain experience. Always growing pains with consistency, but I think they have a lot of 'un-tapped potential'. (no, I'm not Pinnochio, the motivational speaker, I'm MattFoley, the motivational speaker, lol)
I believe Canzeri, Daniels, and Wadley will all play alot, so I don't see any of them getting enough carries to get 1000 yds. They could all get 700-800 yds. and I'd be happy because it would mean they are moving the ball on the ground pretty well.
You are a psycho and a liar. Why are you still posting? Didn't you say you were going away?

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:

You are a psycho and a liar. Why are you still posting? Didn't you say you were going away?
I'm thinking he may be gone actually, he was a drinker and a fiend. As sexually frustrated as anyone I've ever met. Possibly into Japanese anime.

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:

I'm thinking he may be gone actually, he was a drinker and a fiend. As sexually frustrated as anyone I've ever met. Possibly into Japanese anime.
Maybe he sobered up and got laid?

ADVERTISEMENT