ADVERTISEMENT

Most listened to song on Spotify 2019

BrunoMars420

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2016
Spotify is doing a cool breakdown of the decade and 2019 of what you listened to and such. What was the top song and artist you listen to in 2019?

For me it was J. Cole for the artist and Middle Child by J Cole for the song.

Top Artists of 2019
1. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
2. Tom Petty
3. Ryan Beaver
4. Tyler Childers
5. Koe Wetzel

Top Songs of 2019:
1. Band of Heathens - Hurricane

2. Micky Avalon - So Rich, So Pretty

3. Band of Heathens - LA County Blues

4. Micky Avalon - Jane Fonda

5. Ryan Beaver - Dark

Top Artist - Led Zeppelin

Top Song - Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin

Top 5 Artists of the year:
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Van Halen
3. Social Distortion
4. AC/DC
5. KISS

Artist of the Decade - Led Zeppelin

Artist of the Year 2018 - AC/DC

Artist of the Year 2017 - AC/DC

My go to station on Spotify is This is Led Zeppelin followed by Social Distortion and then Van Halen, so don't know how VH slipped into the #2 spot.

I have kind of abandoned Spotify for Amazon Music and now Apple Music. I guess we'll see what 2020 brings.

You all understand that the decade does not (correctly) end until the end of 2020?

There was no "0 BC or 0 AD".....therefore 1-10 is ten years...a decade. The current decade would have started in 2011 and will end in 2020.

You all understand that the decade does not (correctly) end until the end of 2020?

There was no "0 BC or 0 AD".....therefore 1-10 is ten years...a decade. The current decade would have started in 2011 and will end in 2020.

You do realize that there was no 1 AD while that year was actually going on? It was an arbitrary starting point in the first place, so this year being the end of the decade isn't incorrect.

Reactions: ping72

A decade is technically any 10 years.

But its right in Merriam-Webster that the decade of the 1920s is from Jan 1, 1920 until Dec 31, 1929.

Spotify is the one who is naming our artist of the decade. We're just relaying the information without judgement as to how to define what a decade is.

Reactions: millah_22

Actually a decade is simply any period of 10 years. The entirety of 2004-2013 is a decade; January 1, 1982 to December 31, 1991 is a decade.

Top played songs:

Wish you were here- Alpha Blondy
Uptown Top Ranking- Althea and Donna
When You Love Somebody- Fruit Bats
I Ain’t Hurt- Garcia Peoples
Motivation- Benjamin Booker

You guys listen to a bunch of old music, all of the below had new albums come out this year.

Top Artists 2019 Spotify.

1. Bon Iver
2. The National
3. Julien Baker
4. Tool
5. Oso Oso

You guys listen to a bunch of old music, all of the below had new albums come out this year.

Top Artists 2019 Spotify.

1. Bon Iver
2. The National
3. Julien Baker
4. Tool
5. Oso Oso
I think Julien Baker was in my top listened to in 2018. She's really good. I should revisit her latest album.

My wife and I started sharing our Spotify account in 2019. Top 4 artists were Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Slipknot, and Stone Sour. I’ll let you guess who’s were who’s.

I have the family plan. Juice WRLD came up as the #1 artist. I’m guessing my kids are skewing my account stats. I can honestly say I don’t know what that is. I’ve probably heard it, but couldn’t name that tune.

Spotify is doing a cool breakdown of the decade and 2019 of what you listened to and such. What was the top song and artist you listen to in 2019?

Looked at mine earlier today... was pretty cool.

@BrunoMars420 I don't use spotify but I'll take this opportunity to plug what is currently spinning here in my office—EPMD's Unfinished Business. I know you're a young pup and all, but check out this album, and Strictly Business, too. Even better on vinyl. Just feels right.

Its not music unless you are projecting yourself ruthlessly in the pit. I sweated my clothes all the way through. Retired now. Good times.

@BrunoMars420 I don't use spotify but I'll take this opportunity to plug what is currently spinning here in my office—EPMD's Unfinished Business. I know you're a young pup and all, but check out this album, and Strictly Business, too. Even better on vinyl. Just feels right.

I will take a listen tomorrow at work. Thanks for the recommendation

I don't use spotify but I can point to the exact YT vid I've listened to more than any other song this year. They played it when I saw them in March and I had forgotten about this song from them:

That music is sonic halitosis. The lyrics, the attitude, the sensibility, the creativity, the mood, that dumb regurgitated beat -- stinky.

NTTAWWT!

My Morning Jacket
Hurray for the Riff Raff
Tom Waits
Portugal. The Man
The Beatles

Golden - My Morning Jacket
Pa'lante - Hurray for the Riff Raff
Soup - Blind Melon
Journey Through the Past - James Mercer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT