ADVERTISEMENT

Most Racist Thing You've Heard or Seen

NipponPoke

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2002
What is the most racist thing you've ever heard coming from someone of your own ethnicity? Something you just heard and thought 'Wow! Did I just hear that?'

And second question, what was your reaction to the statement? Did you say anything or just let it go?

one time i heard my buddy call his (adopted) sister "nword".... we were 15.

she didn't get mad

Racist things from white people? Lol yeah, I’ve seen more than a few things. The worst was literally getting a multi page death threat from the idiot’s work email while he was working at the AG’s office when I started my initiative to incorporate more minority lawyers into officer positions in the organization I was heading up. I’m being somewhat vague on purpose but people who know me can figure it out from just that. Needless to say that death threat contained more than a few N words. And the “funny thing” was I worked in positions where I prosecuted incredibly wealthy individuals both with and without “Russian”, Chinese triad and standard “Italian” mob ties, lengthened sentences on literal murderers while they were incarcerated with the Department of Corrections, and other pretty dangerous situations and the only two death threats I received over my career was the one from a fellow attorney and former president of the organization because I had the audacity to give young black attorneys a leg up and another was a pill mill doctor whom I helped lock up and who I personally took away three of his clinics worth hundreds of millions. And that’s it. The murderers were sweetiepies in comparison.

Last edited:
“Black people cannot be racist,” would have to be up there. I was told that by a 5th grade teacher I know from tailgating. Shes the wife of a friend of a friend. The same person told me that the school doesn’t dock grades of black and Hispanic students who don’t turn their homework in on time, but does for white students. “They usually don’t have two parents in the home so sometimes they need extra time.”
I tried to explain to her how racist the school was being and that it would be better and much more fair to do that on a case by case basis, but she said the school didn’t always have the full information on its students so it was easier to do it their way.
Racism disguised as compassion is evil.

When I was a kid, there was a skating rink in old town Key West. My parents had actually met there and I went there some Saturdays as a kid. Well, a black kid was in line in front of me and put his dollar down to skate. The old white dude owner reached behind him for a golf club and raised it at the kid and told the kid he didn't let n words in there. The kid didn't leave immediately so racist white dude started coming from behind counter and the kid left. I was just a kid and didn't do anything. Now, however, there are Facebook groups talking about the glory days of Key West and the skating rink and the owner occasionally come up... he has descendants that are in these facebook groups. Everyone talks about him and the rink like its all sunshine and roses but I will recount my experience there to get that out there....

Last edited:
When I was a kid, there was a skating rink in old town Key West. My parents had actually met there and I went there some Saturdays as a kid. Well, a black kid was in line in front of me and put his dollar down to skate. The old white dude owner reached behind him for a golf club and raised it at the kid and told the kid he didn't let n words in there. The kid didn't leave immediately so racist white dude started coming from behind counter and the kid left. I was just a kid and didn't do anything. Now, however, there are Facebook groups talking about the glory days of Key West and the skating rink and the owner occasionally come up... he has dependents that are in these facebook groups. Everyone talks about him and the rink like its all sunshine and roses but I will recount my experience there to get that out there....

Good for you speaking up

Reactions: goldmom
I worked very briefly for Primier Fire Protection in Waterloo. It was brief because one day one of the two other non management full time employees started going on about how this country needs to get to being "American". Then he clarified that what he meant was "a good white man's America", as he stared at me with a lazy eye. This prompted the only other full timer to start singing some sort of klan song about hanging n***** from the tree and something about beaners?

I got the f@ck out of there and never went back.

Reactions: JMNSHO
My first day of high school someone shouted at me down the hall that I was a slanty-eyed gook. I just laughed because Gooks aren’t Japanese and the person who yelled it has the same parents as me.

When I was on my way to East Lancing from Chicago I stopped at a gas station a little ways off the highway in Gary, Indiana. The cops (black) there told me I shouldn’t be there and to just get gas and hurry along— not to go into the convenience store. One followed me to the on ramp.

Reactions: pink shizzle
What is the most racist thing you've ever heard coming from someone of your own ethnicity? Something you just heard and thought 'Wow! Did I just hear that?'

And second question, what was your reaction to the statement? Did you say anything or just let it go?

Anything Donald Trump says

Reactions: SoMplsHawkI
More recently, a prominent person in the area and myself and 6-7 others at the country club and he went on a racist rant in front of everyone. It was picturesque. Hard to believe what was coming out of this guys mouth considering the likelihood of this guy ever meeting or working with a black person is probably 0.

Took an old car to a garage to have some work done to it. Wife (African-American) dropped me off. Staff didn’t see her. A couple of good ol boys who did good body work.

Came back a few days later. I walked in to get the car but it wasn’t ready. The main mechanic had some candy on the counter and said ‘you’re welcome to have some but I gotta warn ya...it tastes like ngr p*ssy’. Not 15 seconds later, my wife walked in and you could see the surprise on his face. I didn’t say anything as not to upset the wife and plus he had my car in pieces.

I’m sure those old hillbillies still crack up amongst themselves over that one. That’s the kind of stuff I don’t share with my loved ones...although I’m sure they’ve heard far worse.

I was at a party in college where a black guy hit on some white guys GF. Well, SBGF made an absolute huge deal out of it and her BF got all pissed off and shouted "were hanging n words out back and gutting them like deer." A massive white vs black fight followed. I got the F outta there.

Got my company car stuck in a freak early snow storm up in North Dakota on a sales trip back in 2015. Guy drives by in his truck and asks if I need a hand - I'm out shoveling snow around my rear tires.

I say "sure do, appreciate it", to which he replies "as long as you didn't vote for that n word Obama, I'll help you out"

Luckily I had voted for McCain. :rolleyes:

I took the dudes help, but it's stuck with me how much I despise that guy to this day.

My grandmother said she didn't like to watch football because it's a bunch of black guys running around in masks

Reactions: Moral
“Black people cannot be racist,” would have to be up there. I was told that by a 5th grade teacher I know from tailgating. Shes the wife of a friend of a friend. The same person told me that the school doesn’t dock grades of black and Hispanic students who don’t turn their homework in on time, but does for white students. “They usually don’t have two parents in the home so sometimes they need extra time.”
I tried to explain to her how racist the school was being and that it would be better and much more fair to do that on a case by case basis, but she said the school didn’t always have the full information on its students so it was easier to do it their way.
Not doing those kids any favors.

Parents and I were visiting my aunt in Memphis when i was 10 (1959)
Neighbor and dad was working on a barbecue in the back yard. Had to go to the hardware store for stuff.
I jumped in the cab of the truck with them and moved over for the black kid I was horsing around with.
Neighbor says"nah he knows where his place is." Kid jumped in the box of the truck and off we went.

In 1957 I attended the MLB All Star game in St.. Louis. I was 8 years old. I remember getting on a bus in downtown St. Louis with my dad. We were standing in the aisle. I remember a black woman...an old black woman, getting out of her seat and giving me her seat...I remember hesitating but my dad “pushing me” towards the seat. Later dad told me that in St. Louis that’s the way things were done.
A couple of years later I remember reading an article by Bill Russell about how difficult it was for black basketball players when they played in St. Louis as far as accommodations, eating, transportation and such.

Racist things from white people? Lol yeah, I’ve seen more than a few things. The worst was literally getting a multi page death threat from the idiot’s work email while he was working at the AG’s office when I started my initiative to incorporate more minority lawyers into officer positions in the organization I was heading up. I’m being somewhat vague on purpose but people who know me can figure it out from just that. Needless to say that death threat contained more than a few N words. And the “funny thing” was I worked in positions where I prosecuted incredibly wealthy individuals both with and without “Russian”, Chinese triad and standard “Italian” mob ties, lengthened sentences on literal murderers while they were incarcerated with the Department of Corrections, and other pretty dangerous situations and the only two death threats I received over my career was the one from a fellow attorney and former president of the organization because I had the audacity to give young black attorneys a leg up and another was a pill mill doctor whom I helped lock up and who I personally took away three of his clinics worth hundreds of millions. And that’s it. The murderers were sweetiepies in comparison.
Pretty thin pool you were drawing from there. If a young black lawyer is competent, the private sector will snap him up and throw money at them.

BTW, preferential hiring practices suck and stiffle the US economy. It is a hidden tax.

Last edited:
In 1957 I attended the MLB All Star game in St.. Louis. I was 8 years old. I remember getting on a bus in downtown St. Louis with my dad. We were standing in the aisle. I remember a black woman...an old black woman, getting out of her seat and giving me her seat...I remember hesitating but my dad “pushing me” towards the seat. Later dad told me that in St. Louis that’s the way things were done.
A couple of years later I remember reading an article by Bill Russell about how difficult it was for black basketball players when they played in St. Louis as far as accommodations, eating, transportation and such.
I remember going on a city bus with my grandmother during the early sixties in Davenport. I remember wanting to sit in the back of the bus, my grandmother just growled, "This is where the ******s sit".

My first day of high school someone shouted at me down the hall that I was a slanty-eyed gook. I just laughed because Gooks aren’t Japanese and the person who yelled it has the same parents as me.

When I was on my way to East Lancing from Chicago I stopped at a gas station a little ways off the highway in Gary, Indiana. The cops (black) there told me I shouldn’t be there and to just get gas and hurry along— not to go into the convenience store. One followed me to the on ramp.
Probably trying to save you a beatdown by young locals bangers.

I've seen a good handful of videos featuring white people being physically assaulted by BLM supporters these last few months.

Reactions: WisestIowan
Sets up a pattern of false expectations that does not continue in the workforce.

I was at a bar and this drunk guy called my buddy the n-word.

I won’t sat what I did as to not incriminate myself for legal consequences.

Its amazing how so many of you are discussing stories about racism toward your Black “friends” and yet you do absolutely nothing.

Great friend bro

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
We bought our first home in small town Iowa 22 years ago. That summer RAGBRAI was coming through. We went to a planning meeting for the event. An old guy, who happened to be on the city Council spoke up about the lest time the bike ride came through. Said that was when colored folks came to town. 2 reactions. What the F did I just hear? What the F kind of town did we Just move to?

The first time I ever visited the Deep South was about 30 years ago when I was 21. The company I was working for at the time sent me to a small town just outside of Birmingham, AL. The first night I was there I drove around looking for something to do and saw a roadside bar that looked interesting. So I went inside and the first thing I noticed at the entrance was a small podium with a sign that read "Members Only". So naturally I turned around and started to leave. I'm not a member. I'm just a white guy from the Midwest in town for the week.

A lady standing near the podium said "Wait a minute, come back." She asked for my drivers license and I showed it to her. She said "Sign here" and pointed to a book similar to a guest registry at a wedding. Mildly confused, I signed the book and went inside. It was mostly a younger crowd so I hung out for awhile, drank some beer, played some pool, and met a few people. At one point I asked someone about the registry book. I asked, "They let me in because I'm white, didn't they?"

She replied "Yeah, there are a lot of clubs like that around here. But there are also black clubs the same way."

So I guess that's how they rationalized it.

As a child my Grandma said that nword is a hell of a worker. As a child I was confused. She used a word I was taught not to use but she was very complimentary of this person.

When I was a teenager I saw a kid try to kill himself by jumping off a bridge, but fell into a garbage truck instead. 2 black guys trimming trees said it was a damn shame that someone threw away a perfectly good white boy like that.

When I was in Junior High School we had a black running back on our football team who was a man among boys (I'll call him Michael). He would literally drag tacklers down the field and we only lost one game that year. He became somewhat of a local celebrity and some rednecks from the high school decided to do something about it. This huge hillbilly challenged him to a fight after school. This drew quite a crowd.

Well, the redneck got his ass beat bad, and the crowd sided against them and wouldn't let his friends jump in. They got in their truck and sped away with their tails between their legs.

Michael was even more of a hero after that.

Reactions: Niko13
When I was a teenager I saw a kid try to kill himself by jumping off a bridge, but fell into a garbage truck instead. 2 black guys trimming trees said it was a damn shame that someone threw away a perfectly good white boy like that.
lol

When I first moved to Florida I was at a light behind an old dirty pickup truck. The bumper sticker on the back of it said, "The Original Boys in the Hood" and had a picture of a Klansman. At the time and still to this day, I couldn't believe someone would have the balls to drive around with that on their vehicle. Of course, I'm guessing they were armed and not too smart, so I guess it's not that shocking. But still...WTF?

I was called a "N-word lover" by some guys one night for being in same car with 3 black friends....I did nothing.

My 3 friends did not do nothing.

I was there and I filmed it.

tenor.gif

Reactions: WisestIowan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT