ADVERTISEMENT

Motorcyclist dies after collision with tractor in western Iowa

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
A motorcyclist died after colliding with a tractor Thursday evening in Shelby County.

Timothy Steve McFarland, 33, of Emerson was traveling northbound on Highway 59 when a tractor operated by a Manilla man pulled out in front of him, according to an Iowa State Patrol accident report. McFarland collided with the tractor while it was attempting to turn south on the highway, according to the report.

McFarland was pronounced dead at the scene. The crash is under investigation by the Shelby County Sheriff's Office and the Iowa State Patrol, according to the report. Sgt. Alex Dinkla of the Iowa State Patrol said the investigation is ongoing and it could take several weeks or months to determine if charges will be filed.

As of Sept. 23, 247 people have died in traffic crashes in Iowa, four more than at the same point in 2021, according to the Iowa Department of Transportation. Last year a total of 356 people died in crashes on Iowa roads, an increase of 13 people from 2020.

I live out in BFE in central Iowa and can get to anywhere I want on gravel roads or low traffic blacktops. I have no idea why we allow farmers to drive their oversized, slow equipment on major US highways.

I live out in BFE in central Iowa and can get to anywhere I want on gravel roads or low traffic blacktops. I have no idea why we allow farmers to drive their oversized, slow equipment on major US highways.
While I don't disagree with you, you are going to have a hard time saying HWY 59 is a major thoroughfare.

Reactions: T-East

Farmers are taxpayers also....

ADVERTISEMENT