Jun 14, 2001
Name: Joe Hess
High School: Mount Pleasant
Position: Quarterback
Graduation Year: 2016
Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 205 pounds
Video: Hudl

Q: How was your visit for the Iowa spring game?
HESS: "It went pretty well and I had a really good time. Me and my mom went up to watch the game. I was focused on offense but they executed on both sides of the ball."

Q: What did you do while there?
HESS: "Me and my mom came a little late because the first part is the tour and considering I have been to Iowa a number of times I didn’t feel I was missing anything. Once we got there, we got to talk to some of the other recruits. We went into Kinnick and watched them warm up. I talked to a few of the players that I knew. We went into the locker rooms and then got to try on jerseys and get pictures too. Then after we watched the spring game we got to go on the field and talk to the coaches."

Q: What was your favorite part of the visit?
HESS: "It was probably just having more access to the team. During game day visits, we are not that close to the players and the coaches. We were able to be on the field to watch and hear what the coaches were saying. it was an actual game atmosphere."

Q: What did the coaches say about you as a recruit?
HESS: "I talked to Coach Ferentz and he said that he'd be watching me at camp and would see how I do my senior year. They'll be keeping in contact and all that. Then I talked to Coach Morgan and he said the same thing. He really wants me at camp to see how I do there."

Q: What are you doing for camps this summer?
HESS: "I don’t have the systematic schedule of it but I am planning on being at Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Northern Iowa, Purdue, Kansas State, Eastern Michigan, and I might even go out to Rutgers."

Q: What coaches have stopped by your school this month?
HESS: "I had Eastern Michigan stop by on Friday and watch me throw."

Q: What other schools are coming?
HESS: I know Northern Iowa, Iowa, Minnesota, and Iowa State are coming but they haven't told me when exactly."

Q: What type of interest has Iowa been showing you?
HESS: "They are sending me a lot of mail and have been inviting me to their spring practices and camps. It is nothing too serious considering they have a 2016 quarterback commit but they are still in contact with me. They are also in touch with my head coach. When they come to the school, I'm pretty sure they'll watch me throw."

Q: How do you feel about Iowa overall?
HESS: "It is a great program. The new facilities that they have built are pretty astounding. They have one of the best fan bases in the country and their tradition is unbelievable. It is really appealing. it'd be great to play there but we'll see what happens."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News