ADVERTISEMENT

Move Over Bob White.....

joelbc1

HB King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
There is another Hawk killer in the house and his name is David Bell!
64 (1957) years ago, as a mere youth, I listened to my radio as Jim Zabel called the final drive of the Iowa / Ohio State game from Columbus. Iowa had a tenuous 4 point lead, punted the ball to tOSU late in the 4th quarter and then I listened as Ohio State kept handing the ball off to their FB, Bob White, time, after time, after time, after time as White slashed and burned the Alex Karras led Iowa defense all the way down the field to the go-ahead TD with less than 2 minutes left, and tOSU held on to win that game, deny Iowa its second consequetive B10 title and win a trip to the Rose Bowl......White carried the ball like 11 of 12 plays on the final drive and ended up with over 150 yds. rushing that day. The next year , White and the Bucks came to Iowa City, White gained over 200 yds rushing and tOSU beat Iowa in 1958 by a score of 38-28. Never again would I ever see a one man wrecking crew of the Hawkeyes like this Bob White fellow.
Well, color me wrong! Enter Purdue's Davis Bell! Wow! The last 3 games vs. Iowa.....4 TDs......37 receptions.....558 yds. of receptions! Holy Shit!
Sometimes all you can do is tip your cap and say, "Well done!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News