ADVERTISEMENT

Movie scene that best uses a song/music to accentuate it's purpose

American Gigolo

Blondie singing "Call Me" over Richard Gere driving his Mercedes convertible along the Southern California coast.

I have not gotten that song out of my head since.

The song is about affluence .... but entry-level affluence; the kind where you have fancy clothes but no money for legal assistance. A make-it-and-spend-it kind of affluence.

The movie itself is about a successful gigolo in private practice who becomes arrogant and a little too cocksure. He is in the process of cutting down his reliance on agency referral business when he gets into a situation involving forces that are greater than he is. At this point, he basically finds himself with no friends. In the end, he is bailed out in hail-Mary style by Lauren Hutton. ... not a bad outcome in my view.

This song set the tone perfectly.

Last edited:
Regardless of genre. Please post scene of at all possible. Great, knowledgeable crew on here. Anxious to view your choices.
The part at the end of gladiator as he’s dying and joining his family in the afterlife as he is eulogized. Allergies kicked up bad the first time I saw it.

Last edited:
Regardless of genre. Please post scene of at all possible. Great, knowledgeable crew on here. Anxious to view your choices.

Lots of great ones in this thread. This is my favorite though. Jonny Greenwood and Paul Thomas Anderson.

Reactions: HumbleP1e
The scene in Lethal Weapon 2 when Riggs is bleeding in the cargo ship and Knocking on Heaven’s Door plays.
I will try to post it later.

There is some very good stuff here, but, when I think of the title of the thread it's the beginning of Topgun that immediately comes to mind. When those engines go wide open and the music is rising with them, that was amazing in the theater.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT