ADVERTISEMENT

Movies that should have a modern day sequel.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Playing off of the Tom Cruise thread, one of my kids was watching Fast Times At Ridgemont High this morning. The kid had never seen it, and was confused as to why it was on AMC.
That would be a helluva sequel, though. Who wouldn't love to see what Spicoli is up to these days?
As an FYI, I was curious as to why Phoebe Cates had dropped off the face of the Earth, and I did not know that she had married Kevin Kline in the 90s, and pretty much retired from acting to be a full time mom.
How about the Breakfast Club?

Goodwill Hunting

Apparently there was a whole act where Will goes into the CIA as a code breaker that they scrapped

That movie would be a bad idea, but I would absolutely love it. Plenty of other career follow ups… hedge fund manager? Developer of some sort of AI? Poker player going through law school? So many opportunities

Playing off of the Tom Cruise thread, one of my kids was watching Fast Times At Ridgemont High this morning. The kid had never seen it, and was confused as to why it was on AMC.
That would be a helluva sequel, though.
Please. That is just a movie that shows boobies. ;)

Reactions: Tom Paris
The Graduate......With a new cast of characters who
focus on the challenges of 21st century college grads.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Goodwill Hunting

Apparently there was a whole act where Will goes into the CIA as a code breaker that they scrapped

That movie would be a bad idea, but I would absolutely love it. Plenty of other career follow ups… hedge fund manager? Developer of some sort of AI? Poker player going through law school? So many opportunities
What if they reveal jason Bourne was actually will hunting?

Goodwill Hunting

If you haven't seen the movie, check out Matt Damon in Rounders.

Minority Report

Oh, wait. China's got this locked up.

China is looking into predictive analytics to help authorities stop suspects before a crime is committed.

According to a report from the Financial Times, authorities are tapping on facial recognition tech, and combining that with predictive intelligence to notify police of potential criminals, based on their behaviour patterns.

Guangzhou-headquartered Cloud Walk has been trialing its facial recognition system that tracks a person's movements. Based on where someone goes, and when, it hands them a rating of how at risk they are of committing a crime.

I believe it was a budget disaster but I still can't believe they haven't remade He-Man. I know he's not really a superhero but with everything else being remade these days, I still can't believe they haven't done anything with it.

Masters_of_the_universe.jpg

I believe it was a budget disaster but I still can't believe they haven't remade He-Man. I know he's not really a superhero but with everything else being remade these days, I still can't believe they haven't done anything with it.

Masters_of_the_universe.jpg
Yeah, it was a disaster - I think it actually led to the studio declaring bankruptcy, but I’ve always had a soft spot for it. It’s developed a cult following over the years for sure I believe.

would kill to see a Zelda movie.

If you haven't seen the movie, check out Matt Damon in Rounders.
Poker really took off in popularity after thar movie. Would be interesting to see how those people turned out during the poker boom.

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. Loses his idealism after 30 years as a Senator, only to gain it back again when he realizes what he has become.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Not so much a sequel, but I'd like to see a remake with current technology for The Last Starfighter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT