ADVERTISEMENT

Movin on up!!

DavenportHawk8

HB All-American
Mar 10, 2014
According to Rivals we have the 9th best recruiting class in the Big 10!

Ahead of Rutgers, Minnesota, NW, Illinois, and Michigan!

Way to go Hawks! Were gonna be in the final 4 next year

Actually they are up to 8th. And really they are only behind the two schools above them because of the number of recruits. The only schools that have really good recruiting classes in the Big Ten are OSU, Penn State, Michigan State and Nebraska but Nebraska could lose a couple DEs before signing day.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Michigan's class with Harbaugh. Might be some flipping going on with some people.

Originally posted by David1979:
Actually they are up to 8th. And really they are only behind the two schools above them because of the number of recruits. The only schools that have really good recruiting classes in the Big Ten are OSU, Penn State, Michigan State and Nebraska but Nebraska could lose a couple DEs before signing day.
If you want to throw that qualifier in there (which I agree is a better way of evaluating the class) then you have to note that Michigan has a much higher star average and therefore would be ahead of Iowa by the same criteria.

I agree in regards to Michigan that recruits they do have are much better. I didn't say otherwise.

recruits for NW 19 commits 0-4* 16 3* and 3 3 2* 1260 points, Indiana 19 commits 0-4* 16 3* and 3 2*1230 points. looks like some of NW recruits are higher rated 3*'s but does that mean they are really that much better ? as Iowa has 1 4* 13 3* and 3 2* recruits for 1125 points with 17 recruits?

I am asjing because if Iowa gets 2 more 3* recruits they just as easily pass both NW and Indiana and move into 41st place in the standings, wuite the improvement from 59th last season class, then you figure in this class may have 20-21 commits, and they will move up even further, get DT Daniels who's worth a minimum of 135 point and that would give Iowa 1260 points good enough to tie them with NW for the 42nd best class, with 1 maybe 2 more recruits to finish this class.

most of these teams already have more commits than Iowa does,

Originally posted by QChawks:
Woohoo we're average!
Posted from Rivals Mobile
giphy.gif

that is way below and it will be hard to fill this class up with top recruits this late in the cycle of recruiting,, in fact there is a 2016 recruit that was high on Michigan in 5* RB Walker out of NJ that just committed to O$U. it will be tougher for Michigan to recover than most of those in Michigan are counting on.

White was also recruiting Walker for IA but he was one I didn't think IA had a shot at. but this does open the door for Iowa to possibly get 4* RB McCall out of Ohio he is listed as having a offer by TOS. National rank 8th Midwest rank position rank 2nd and state of Ohio position rank 2nd, 5'11 170 lbs, in the 2016 class, none of the other stats are available

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

that is way below and it will be hard to fill this class up with top recruits this late in the cycle of recruiting,, in fact there is a 2016 recruit that was high on Michigan in 5* RB Walker out of NJ that just committed to O$U. it will be tougher for Michigan to recover than most of those in Michigan are counting on.

White was also recruiting Walker for IA but he was one I didn't think IA had a shot at. but this does open the door for Iowa to possibly get 4* RB McCall out of Ohio he is listed as having a offer by TOS. National rank 8th Midwest rank position rank 2nd and state of Ohio position rank 2nd, 5'11 170 lbs, in the 2016 class, none of the other stats are available
no it wont michigan has a ton of talent. it just didnt have a coach and a staff to coach it. he left plenty of talent. beause one highly rated rb comiits to osu doesnt make it tougher for michigan.

they said the same thing about Hoke and he just got fired, Illinois said the same thing when they Hired Zook and he got Fired,, saying it and having it happen are 2 different things when it comes to having success,

they said the same thing about Hoke and he just got fired, Illinois said the same thing when they Hired Zook and he got Fired,, saying it and having it happen are 2 different things when it comes to having success,
They said the same thing about Hoke and they were right. Hoke went 11-2 in his first year and finished #9 in the coaches poll. He was 12-4 during his first two years in the B10.

Rumors on Twitter is that our top targets that are in town are absolutely lovin their visits and that we might see a couple more people commit because of it. Don't know if its true or not but just relaying what I read.

This post was edited on 1/24 10:10 AM by hawksauce

This post was edited on 1/24 10:11 AM by hawksauce

Originally posted by hawksauce:
Rumors on Twitter is that our top targets
arrow-10x10.png
[/URL] that are in town are absolutely lovin their visits and that we might see a couple more people commit because of it. Don't know if its true or not but just relaying what I read.

This post was edited on 1/24 10:10 AM by hawksauce

This post was edited on 1/24 10:11 AM by hawksauce
Nice...I think we might be improving our recruiting efforts.

the-21-best-fictional-colleges-of-all-time

hey varick now tell me why he was fired again? was it because he WON to many games?

2011 11-2
2012 8-5
2013 7-6
2014 5-7

2011 was his BEST season and he did it with RR recruits, so come on keep bragging up Michigan, ohh here are Michigans class ranking going back to 2007 that got Hoke that 11-2 record . then you can explain it to me why he could not sustain

2007 12th
2008 10th
2009 8th
2010 20th
2011 21st
2012 7th
2013 5th
2014 31st the talk of him being fired really hurt that class

and if can have that big effect on Michigan recruiting, try to imagine how it hurts IA recruiting

Are you actually comparing Harbaugh to Hoke and Zook? Really?

You're a sad little man who has his head in the sand.

we will see how he does in the BT. he will be facing PSU who some feel are on the way back, O$U who just won the NT, MSU who won the BT Championship and the RB last year, do you really think those teams are just going to roll over for the great Harbaugh

then there will be MD to contend with,

give me a break they could very easily be facing 4 losses every year, and how long will it be before he gets fired, especially if he does not beat O$U,

Ya' know 2222 you might be right. At least his 4 loss team will have gotten beat by good programs.
Bet Harbaugh would'nt lose to ISU!

Harbaugh just flipped a 4* qb from Texas to Meechigan, doesn't he realize he has been coaching in the NFL and won't be able to learn how to recruit for a couple more years? What next, expecting players to learn the play book in less than a year and a half? Crazy talk.

Rumors on Twitter is that our top targets that are in
town are absolutely lovin their visits and that we might see a couple
more people commit because of it. Don't know if its true or not but
just relaying what I read.

Approximately fifty players have committed to various schools today but none to Iowa.

hey gally boy Daniels is announcing Friday and Hall had a visit to MO and as a visit scheduled on the 30th @ Nebraska, do you even follow recruiting or just bitch about everything about IA? TIME TO GROW UP little boy.

Originally posted by Mr_Galmaster:
Rumors on Twitter is that our top targets that are in
town are absolutely lovin their visits and that we might see a couple
more people commit because of it. Don't know if its true or not but
just relaying what I read.

Approximately fifty players have committed to various schools today but none to Iowa.
Well this isn't true. Toren Young committed today.

I saw another tweet today that said there are 59 FBS Power 5 schools and Iowa is rated 47th in recruiting out of those 59! So we are toward the bottom in the Power 5, but I think we are 47 out of 129 schools??

So compared to the rest of the nation we are in the top half.

If you compare only the FBS power 5 schools, we are near the bottom.

Originally posted by DavenportHawk8:
I saw another tweet today that said there are 59 FBS Power 5 schools and Iowa is rated 47th in recruiting out of those 59! So we are toward the bottom in the Power 5, but I think we are 47 out of 129 schools??

That sounds about right, but the 59 can't be correct can it? I don't think any of the power five have an odd number of schools.

Originally posted by Birky:

That sounds about right, but the 59 can't be correct can it? I don't think any of the power five have an odd number of schools.

Number should be 64. If you include ND 65. 14+14+14+12+10=64

This is a better example of where Iowa fits in for recruiting. To see where we rank among power 5 and our own conference. Can say we have 4 4* recruits according to one site but that one site may assign that score to lot more players than others.

And 2222 is crazy questioning Harbaugh coaching ability. Look what he did at Stanford in the PAC 12. They were awful when he got there and one of the best in the conf when he left. Be easier to get players to Michigan than Stanford. Plus he proved with the 49ers he wins where ever he goes.

Just saw where iowa lost a recruiting battle with ODU! That's old dominion
and I think they are FCS???

Ouch that's sad!

Originally posted by HaydenHawk8:
Just saw where iowa lost a recruiting battle with ODU! That's old dominion

and I think they are FCS???

Ouch that's sad!

They used to be FCS. Other than that, I cannot argue.

Harbaugh is going to ROCK Michigan. He is exactly what they needed and he is going to bring them back to the top quickly.

Originally posted by Suterman:

Harbaugh is going to ROCK Michigan. He is exactly what they needed and he is going to bring them back to the top quickly.
Yep he will bring them back, which will suck for Iowa. he is exactly what that program needed and they will have a longer leash for him. He knows what the boosters want to hear and he will produce good teams both on and off the field.

this year might not pan out so well in the recruiting, but next years class will be top 10 I am sure.

Originally posted by kakohawk:
Originally posted by Hawkeye_311:
We will probably land Miles Fox before it's all said and done.
Or not... :(
Hey, you can't beat out powerhouses like Old Dominion all the time. At least we haven't lost a recruit to Nevada yet.... wait, we did didn't we?

Don't worry, Kirk is just going to spend some time in his office watching new game film and everything will be alright.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

While true, it doesn't look encouraging. In the same vein then, what do you think of the guys brought in three years ago?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT