ADVERTISEMENT

Moving Forward: Nebraska Is Now Iowa State

Husker fans don’t believe me that their team takes Iowa way more serious than Iowa takes them. Fans might be different, but Frost circles that game and it’s obvious.

Very obvious. Their fans wont admit it because ya know they're a "blue blood" and Iowa is below them.

Husker fans don’t believe me that their team takes Iowa way more serious than Iowa takes them. Fans might be different, but Frost circles that game and it’s obvious.

Oh yes. I knew we would get their best game of the season after that Illinois debacle they had. Their coaching staff knows that is one game now they have to start winning at least some of the time. We are a bad punt coverage day away from having the last 8.

This will be my last post in regards to the game. I just felt the need to post it. It's a very telling quote from a Nebraska player. I guess we now know who views Iowa as their super bowl. I'm sure their fans will still claim it's not a rivalry.

NE is ISU and:

images

This will be my last post in regards to the game. I just felt the need to post it. It's a very telling quote from a Nebraska player. I guess we now know who views Iowa as their super bowl. I'm sure their fans will still claim it's not a rivalry.

You wish you were Iowa State. You guys have a long way to go to get to their level.

Last edited:
UNL is not ISU quite yet. They still have some national credibility. And we went up in the rankings after a non-convincing win over them.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Its kind of funny, I think some of their fans and media are starting to "get" that this league is different than the Big 12 and its a lot harder to beat Purdue, Northwestern, and Illinois than it was to go thru the bottom of the Big 12 north with ISU, KSU, and Kansas back in those days. Under KF, Iowa is a lot closer to Oklahoma than we are to Colorado. Still need to rub their nose in another decade of this so that they can really bring the hate to the equation with this rivalry.

not sure I believe you man . You can’t go one day without posting something about your boys in LNK

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

Barry Switzer said the best thing about playing in the Big Eight was playing Iowa State every year, with the juggernot Matt Campbell is creating at Iowa State this no longer applies. But having Nebraska in the Big Ten
does especially if Keith Duncan returns.

Not sure how I had missed this nugget. The seat is getting warm.

“Despite starting his coaching career 9-15, Nebraska signed Frost to a two-year extension keeping him contractually in Lincoln through 2026.

But the largest reason for that signing, despite getting another two years on his current deal, is that Frost's $26 million buyout was negotiated down to just $5 million through 2024 and drops to $2.5 million in 2025-2026.”

I thought OP always stopped posting for a month or end of the year after his Huskers lose on Black Friday. Guess not this year

He stopped posting (under this screen name) on the off topic after the election.

UNL is not ISU quite yet. They still have some national credibility. And we went up in the rankings after a non-convincing win over them.

And down in the polls after a thrashing of Iowa State a few years ago that made no sense, so they aren’t all that and a bag of chips.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT