ADVERTISEMENT

MSU vs Illannoy without Kofi

HoustonREDHawk

HR Legend
Feb 5, 2003
The game came pretty close to being as ugly as the Hawks at Rutgers. Except for Trent Frazier in the first 10 minutes, both teams played about as poorly as it gets. MSU is definitely not that good, but they do have the whiney little troll going for them on the sideline.

The game came pretty close to being as ugly as the Hawks at Rutgers. Except for Trent Frazier in the first 10 minutes, both teams played about as poorly as it gets. MSU is definitely not that good, but they do have the whiney little troll going for them on the sideline.
Agree that MSU is not a top 10 team. They will probably still contend for the regular season title though.

I wouldn't confuse teams struggling to score with being bad teams. Both of those teams are good. Illinois, if Coburn and Curbelo are playing, is capable of going to the Final 4. Both teams play defense and don't give up anything easy.

So when Illinois and MSU play an ugly game with #10 MSU putting up 20 points in the first half it's because they're both great basketball teams, right? But when two pretty good teams in Iowa and Rutgers play a similar game, it's because they're not very good. Did I get that right? LOL

Illinois was without two or three starters, including the house known as Kofi, and MSU still struggled mightily and LOST. Tell me more about how great MSU is . . . the team that lost to NW in East Lansing the other day even after the officials tried to hand them the game at the end. I'll hang up and listen.

I wouldn't confuse teams struggling to score with being bad teams. Both of those teams are good. Illinois, if Coburn and Curbelo are playing, is capable of going to the Final 4. Both teams play defense and don't give up anything easy.
I did not say they were not good teams, just that MSU is overrated. I think Illannoy is definitely one of the best teams in the B1G, when all of their players are available. Last night, MSU played an awful game (lots of unforced turnovers, outrebounded by Illannoy without Kofi, missed lots of quality shots), and still almost won. I hope both still play their games missed at UM, so there will be a more definitive B1G champ. My point in suggesting MSU is overrated is that everyone was giving them a win at Carver in another thread. I think the Hawks will have a decent chance in that game. This is not a powerhouse team.

Reactions: unclesammy
Underwood was nearly as bad on the other end of the court. Izzo is the drama queen of the conference though. He makes McCaffery look like Lickliter.

It's laughable how often izzo whines to the refs. I watched a majority of the game and chuckled every time something didn't go right for him...he was right in their ears. Oh how I want Iowa to beat them. Cheers and GO HAWKS!
At least he is working them instead of going FranCon 5 all of the time. It gets old and embarrassing watching Fran freak out on calls. I get it, we all get it, it was a horrible call and showing up an official isn’t going to change the call.

I did not say they were not good teams, just that MSU is overrated. I think Illannoy is definitely one of the best teams in the B1G, when all of their players are available. Last night, MSU played an awful game (lots of unforced turnovers, outrebounded by Illannoy without Kofi, missed lots of quality shots), and still almost won. I hope both still play their games missed at UM, so there will be a more definitive B1G champ. My point in suggesting MSU is overrated is that everyone was giving them a win at Carver in another thread. I think the Hawks will have a decent chance in that game. This is not a powerhouse team.
MSU out rebounded Illinois by 14.

So when Illinois and MSU play an ugly game with #10 MSU putting up 20 points in the first half it's because they're both great basketball teams, right? But when two pretty good teams in Iowa and Rutgers play a similar game, it's because they're not very good. Did I get that right? LOL
Illinois and MSU are #2 and #3 respectively in def efficiency in the conference. Iowa and Rutgers (lol)... are not. That might have something to do with the characterization.

Reactions: Pepperman
Unfortunately I think Illannoy is still one of the top 2 teams in the conference. MSU….. not so much. Am I the only person that wants to destroy my t.v. every time I see Izzo complaining to the refs after every call against him?

It's laughable how often izzo whines to the refs. I watched a majority of the game and chuckled every time something didn't go right for him...he was right in their ears. Oh how I want Iowa to beat them. Cheers and GO HAWKS!
He does it without going Fran animal on them though. He just whines and pleads his case. It's annoying as hell. And I can't believe the referees ever put up with it.

Reactions: rfgiowa
They definitely are without Curbelo
no-nope.gif

Anyone that thinks Illinois is better without Kofi or Curbelo just doesn't know what he is talking about, especially if the refs are of a mind to let Kofi bull his way around the lane with impunity.

Completely disagree. He’s been healthy for literally two games all year, and he played phenomenally vs. Purdue. As for the guy who asked if Illinois was better without Kofi … uh, obviously not. Lol.
Nobody asked if Illinois is better without Kofi. I said with less Cockburn (really no one needs any cock burn, but I digress). It's about managing his minutes so he can go hard in bursts, then sit him and the offense frees up a bit. Gets you the benefit on both sides. Anyways, Illinois sucks, go Hawks.

Completely disagree. He’s been healthy for literally two games all year, and he played phenomenally vs. Purdue. As for the guy who asked if Illinois was better without Kofi … uh, obviously not. Lol.

Lol he probably had the worst stat line of the year @ marquette. But hey he lead his team to defeat at home vs Purdue, something Indiana and Rutgers couldnt manage.

Anyone that thinks Illinois is better without Kofi or Curbelo just doesn't know what he is talking about, especially if the refs are of a mind to let Kofi bull his way around the lane with impunity.

Yes turnover prone guards who cant shoot make every team better

ADVERTISEMENT