ADVERTISEMENT

MTG, Sitting Congresswoman, Says Earthquake and Eclipse Are Warnings From God

See this is why it’s clear that Georgia has some really dumb voters. First Hank Johnson says islands can tip over (Guam) now MTG says God sent NYC an earthquake.
What the hell passes for science class in their schools?
Yeah, same thing…. Except Johnson is not nor ever was near the level of power that MTG has. And, the Guam stuff was hyperventilating from right wing media. He gaffed a bit talking about the increase in our military presence there. Then other news outlets ran with it.
Just say MTG, or any other Republican is an idiot without having to BoTH sIDeS for once.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
I say we blast the moon away with a Jewish space laser. See what the Big Guy thinks of that.
More like MTG is told by an elder that the sky demons tried to swallow the Sun, but mighty Trump emerged from his fortress and rode a winged stallion into the sky and slew the sky demons, saving the Sun.

"God is sending America strong signs to tell us to repent."
Repent from what, exactly?

Back when Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell said nonsense like this, they at least knew what God was mad about. Mainly gays, iirc.

It's a sign of the decline of the Republican Party that these days they know we should repent but don't seem to know what for.

Is she an evangelical? Because then it would make more sense.

I say we blast the moon away with a Jewish space laser. See what the Big Guy thinks of that.
Tangent alert!

I strongly recommend this novel. The part about the moon breaking up (early in the book, so not much of a spoiler) is brilliant and shocking. We never know why - so it could be Jewish space lasers - but how it unfolds will grip your imagination.

[Stephenson is a multiple award-winning author, and this novel was nominated for 3 separate awards, including the Hugo. It's a safe bet.]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT