ADVERTISEMENT

Murin

Teske's only chance to wrestle will be next year. Adam Busiello, a junior commit, will be there guy at 125 for the future. That's what puzzles me regarding Teske's collegiate decision. Really makes no sense.
[

Maybe he believes like all elite athletes that he can beat out anyone and is welcoming the challenge. If he does start next year then I would predict him to improve dramatically and fight tooth and nail to remain the starter. Which may be fairly easy if Busiello redshirts like most predict.

[

Maybe he believes like all elite athletes that he can beat out anyone and is welcoming the challenge. If he does start next year then I would predict him to improve dramatically and fight tooth and nail to remain the starter. Which may be fairly easy if Busiello redshirts like most predict.
In the final Intermat rankings at 126 this year, Busiello---3rd, Teske---7th and Teasdale---8th. I guess Cael recruited over the top of both Teske and Teasdale. And that's not even considering RBY. Holy shit don't you get it!!!

In the final Intermat rankings at 126 this year, Busiello---3rd, Teske---7th and Teasdale---8th. I guess Cael recruited over the top of both Teske and Teasdale. And that's not even considering RBY. Holy shit don't you get it!!!

Kolin Moore was recruited over by Tom Ryan at Ohio State. Guess what? He doesn't give a shit. He is going to kick Chris Singletary's ass in they wrestle off. He doesn't give a rip if Singletary was a top 10 P4P recruit and that he (himself) was unranked by all but one service and they had him 97th in the class. Remember rankings are important and everything, but they don't mean anything once you get to college. You have to prove it all over again. It would not be a shock to me if a 7th ranked kid in Teske beat out a 3rd ranked kid in Busiello...especially after a year in a Big Ten starting lineup learning while taking some lumps would surely accelerate any learning curve.

Busiellos been committed to PSU since like 8th grade. Both teske and teasedale knew he was coming.

Reactions: Afw6006 and Grip220
Maybe Cael didn’t want PSU fans crying about gaping holes in the lineup like you guys doing at 133.

And they say Cael only thinks about himself...

Reactions: Pat_Pendleton
This is crazy. Cael's strategy of keeping the top guys away from the competition is working. F*** State might not need all these guys, but nobody else can have them either. Brilliant!

Keep track of McMillen. In this pic he is in 9th grade, and he came into Hershey and knocked off 3 straight seniors at 113 and finished 2nd...He needs to hit the weights obviously and mature, but I think he becomes a 3 time state champion starting next season. He is from a tiny school here in central Pa, (Glendale), and is a lot stronger than he looks, farm boy.

[

OK lets look at this one last time shall we.

They have currently on their roster:

Carpenter JR. 133 from NC
Clabaugh FR. 25/33 PA
Cortez JR. 33/41 ILL
Giannangelli SO 33 PA
Friery 41/49 RS FR PA
Higgins SO 33 NJ
Lee 41 FR IND
Lindemuth 33 RS FR PA
Lopez 25 RS FR NY
Obenterfer 41 FR MD
Schnupp 25 RS FR PA
Stossel 33 JR PA
Yancvich 25 JR PA

Now ADD to this coming in:

Busielle #3 NY
Teske #7 IOWA
Teasdale #8 PA
RBY ? AZ.

According to your statement maybe they believe they "are the man!" OK fine.

So the question is this. Why do that not feel they can be the man in another school? It would certainly appear, at least on paper that others would have more to offer in terms of $$$$

For example look close by to Rutgers. They are building, have one of the nations top 125s who may move up to 33. Nice looking spot for many of these kids.

Then please explain again to all of us( I will take notes this time!) How they can afford to offer these kids ANYTHING!?!?!?!

Currently 6 out of state kids. with 4 JR who would be leaving. Then 3 more coming in next year. 2 of which are out of state and another 1 to follow!!!

Gonna expand on this a little. This was basically the first 3 weights. lets add in 49.

You have

Berge FR 49/57 Minn
Gardner RS FR 49 PA
McClanahan Fr 49 Fla
Verkleeren FR 49 Pa

So 4 weights with not only multiple top recruits, but multiple out of state kids too. Some top kids will have to be on the bench. While other out of state wrestlers are paying 50K a year just to be on the team? Then the PA kids. How many college in PA have wrestling? Why not take you shot there? I am missing something but when I was in school, I wanted to be on the Mat Wrestling!

Last edited:
OK lets look at this one last time shall we.

They have currently on their roster:

Carpenter JR. 133 from NC
Clabaugh FR. 25/33 PA
Cortez JR. 33/41 ILL
Giannangelli SO 33 PA
Friery 41/49 RS FR PA
Higgins SO 33 NJ
Lee 41 FR IND
Lindemuth 33 RS FR PA
Lopez 25 RS FR NY
Obenterfer 41 FR MD
Schnupp 25 RS FR PA
Stossel 33 JR PA
Yancvich 25 JR PA

Now ADD to this coming in:

Busielle #3 NY
Teske #7 IOWA
Teasdale #8 PA
RBY ? AZ.

According to your statement maybe they believe they "are the man!" OK fine.

So the question is this. Why do that not feel they can be the man in another school? It would certainly appear, at least on paper that others would have more to offer in terms of $$$$

For example look close by to Rutgers. They are building, have one of the nations top 125s who may move up to 33. Nice looking spot for many of these kids.

Then please explain again to all of us( I will take notes this time!) How they can afford to offer these kids ANYTHING!?!?!?!

Currently 6 out of state kids. with 4 JR who would be leaving. Then 3 more coming in next year. 2 of which are out of state and another 1 to follow!!!

Gonna expand on this a little. This was basically the first 3 weights. lets add in 49.

You have

Berge FR 49/57 Minn
Gardner RS FR 49 PA
McClanahan Fr 49 Fla
Verkleeren FR 49 Pa

So 4 weights with not only multiple top recruits, but multiple out of state kids too. Some top kids will have to be on the bench. While other out of state wrestlers are paying 50K a year just to be on the team? Then the PA kids. How many college in PA have wrestling? Why not take you shot there? I am missing something but when I was in school, I wanted to be on the Mat Wrestling!
For comparison purposes, Iowa has 11 guys at 125-141. 8/11 from out of state. Over half I’m sure on no money. This is pretty typical for top D1 teams.

For comparison purposes, Iowa has 11 guys at 125-141. 8/11 from out of state. Over half I’m sure on no money. This is pretty typical for top D1 teams.

OK and what do we have coming in on top of those 11 I would ask? Also how many are top 10 recruits??

Kolin Moore was recruited over by Tom Ryan at Ohio State. Guess what? He doesn't give a shit. He is going to kick Chris Singletary's ass in they wrestle off. He doesn't give a rip if Singletary was a top 10 P4P recruit and that he (himself) was unranked by all but one service and they had him 97th in the class. Remember rankings are important and everything, but they don't mean anything once you get to college. You have to prove it all over again. It would not be a shock to me if a 7th ranked kid in Teske beat out a 3rd ranked kid in Busiello...especially after a year in a Big Ten starting lineup learning while taking some lumps would surely accelerate any learning curve.
Singletary is a HWT.

OK and what do we have coming in on top of those 11 I would ask? Also how many are top 10 recruits??
I don’t know, but I’m sure there will be several coming in.

Iowa only has the 1 top 10 (Lee). How many of Psu’s are top 10? Nick Lee, and maybe Cortez? None of the 3 coming in this year are top 10s.

Just a thought. If you got a billionaire supporter and he doesn't stick his funds directly into the program, but waits until the athlete is done competing for the ncaa, is it a violation of promises to come? It doesn't matter how much of a scholarship they receive and how much student debt they have after 4 or 5 years if the pot of gold sits at the end of the FUN rainbow Cael has going. If you can walk away debt free and with a degree you have done something right, even if that means you rode the pine the majority of the time. Money is the cure all to alot of problems.

Reactions: IRONBIRD

The difference being the PSU guys could be on full rides at most D1 programs, while the Iowa guys would struggle to make the lineup.

Reactions: Dagboi
The difference being the PSU guys could be on full rides at most D1 programs, while the Iowa guys would struggle to make the lineup.
Really? Look at the list. The best guy they had at 125 was Schupp. He’s a full rider? Not to mention the 4 25 pounders sitting behind him.

No matter what diceman is throwing out, there is no rational way to suggest that RBY isn’t getty a FULL scholarship. If he wasn’t he would not be at psu. Should he actually be getting less, then something would be very suspicious.

Tio Cael has it all figured out.

I don’t know, but I’m sure there will be several coming in.

Iowa only has the 1 top 10 (Lee). How many of Psu’s are top 10? Nick Lee, and maybe Cortez? None of the 3 coming in this year are top 10s.
If I’m not mistaken I think Warner was a Top 10 P4P recruit.

If I’m not mistaken I think Warner was a Top 10 P4P recruit.
AWP had Lee #1, Marinelli #9, Kemmerer #13, Stoll #14, Happel #14, Warner #15, Young #29, Murin #53, and Lugo #55 in their classes. Our recruiting has really been pretty good. If Happel and Young were having the same results as other recruited with similar rankings, we'd be much better.
Lee #1
Happel top 5
Lugo top 8
Kem top 2
Marinelli top 5
Young top 10
Wilcke
Warner top 5
Stll top 2.

That would be six top 5 wrestlers with Young and Lugo top 10.

No matter what diceman is throwing out, there is no rational way to suggest that RBY isn’t getty a FULL scholarship. If he wasn’t he would not be at psu. Should he actually be getting less, then something would be very suspicious.
Could you post links to back up what you are saying? I’ve been curious what PSU was giving RBY. Btw, not sure where Nick Neville’s was ranked coming in but it came from his mouth that he’s getting 60%. Don’t believe RBY is ranked that much higher.

You seem sure of yourself RBY is getting a full ride so I’d like to take a look at your sources myself. I thank you ahead of time...

Reactions: Pat_Pendleton
If you watched Moore wrestle Conel I am not sure his style would really transition to HWT. I guess it depends on how big he gets.

Reactions: ih8iast8
Could you post links to back up what you are saying? I’ve been curious what PSU was giving RBY. Btw, not sure where Nick Neville’s was ranked coming in but it came from his mouth that he’s getting 60%. Don’t believe RBY is ranked that much higher.

You seem sure of yourself RBY is getting a full ride so I’d like to take a look at your sources myself. I thank you ahead of time...

I actually went through your roster and think you are doing some nifty shit but not knowing your walk-ons or nothing I come up with roughly 10 scholarships. Totally feasible in my opinion. I would have payed to wrestle for Gable had I been a better wrestler!

A kid like RBY will take 60% and put the rest on student loans if the almighty one looks him in the eye and promises not a cent of that debt will ever need to be paid back by him directly. Do I know for a fact that is what is happening? No, not for a fact, but there's enough smoke around this to make it very likely imo.

To all those top 20 p4p wrestlers out there looking for a place to land: I highly recommend you schedule F*** State as the last of your visits so that Mr. Sanderson doesn’t strong arm you into making a decision before you have the chance to fully research your options (unless you’ve already made up your mind...in that case there’s no need for a top 5 except for the unveiling drama on Flo).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT