Music City Bowl

Just in the last 8 years:

2018- Auburn (8-4)
2017- Northwestern (9-3)
2016- Tennessee (8-4); Nebraska (9-3)
2015- Texax A&M (8-4)
2014- LSU (8-4)
2012- Vanderbilt (8-4)
I'll omit any snarky remarks, and let the math speak for itself. An 8-4 record is a .667 winning percentage. Northwestern (2017) and Nebraska (2016), however, did reach .750 with their 9-3 records.

Reactions: aride34
If you don't watch this game and cheer for the Hawks, then you are not a true Hawks fan, or die-hard fan......or whatever.

I think we covered this in a different thread. “True fan or die hard fan” depends on enrollment of college and/or affection towards Iowa State. I’ll get the Cliff notes shortly in case you missed it.

• Haha
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
I say turn it down. This is a total screw job.
Are you completely nuts? Just 3 months ago we thought we were not having any football at all. But we got an abbreviated season and now we have yet another Hawkeye football game!!!! Let's count our blessings and get ready to win another great Hawkeye football game.

Figures. They finally get to Nashville and it's the year that's in the middle of a Pandemic.
yep. team arrives day before the game. i am assuming they fly back to Iowa after the game? So, one night in Nashville is not much of a bowl experience for the team, either.

2020 continues to deliver.

• Sad
Reactions: BioHawk
Wednesday, Dec 30 in the middle of the afternoon? See, I don't care what the name of the bowl is. All I care about is the date and time slot. This one SUCKS!

Iowa deserved better.

Figures. They finally get to Nashville and it's the year that's in the middle of a Pandemic.
Same thing I was thinking I would go back there in a heartbeat but with everything going on and my wife just finished with her Chemo just not the right time to go. Go Hawks hope they can win and finish 7-2 and in the top 10-12 to end the year

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
I think we covered this in a different thread. “True fan or die hard fan” depends on enrollment of college and/or affection towards Iowa State. I’ll get the Cliff notes shortly in case you missed it.
You must have missed the "sarcasm" font I used. I read that thread, and am now, unfortunately, dumber for it.

Nothing against the Music City bowl, I have wanted to go there for years...but with the pandemic I'm certainly not traveling down there...And I was always hoping it would be a decent reward for an 8-4 type year...

Just feels like a major let down, I could see this being HawkSlayer 2.0.

Warren should have been lobbying hard for Iowa and Indiana

Honestly, what does this guy do? I have not seen or heard from him regarding the B1G football teams that are playing in bowls or the ones that aren’t playing. You’d think he would be leading the charge to get the best bowls possible. Nope, that did not happen. How can the B1G not get an alternative spot in a NY6 since the Rose is already spoken for the National Championship Semifinal game? It’s embarrassing that the ACC did the second year in a row gets a lowly seeded team to fill a spot. It should be open to any team if the ACC team is ranked lower than 12th.

Yes, I know tOSU is playing in the Sugar but when did these bowls be used as the two games for the semifinals? I always thought they were their own games and the bowls such as Rose and Sugar were separate.

snooze fest? you think this is an inferior opponent? I hope you're right but to say this is a snoozer is laughable at best.
Boring game with lack of interest. I am not the only person that thinks that about this game.

I just hope the game is played. Missouri already with major covid issues and if kids going home for Christmas yikes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT