ADVERTISEMENT

Musk threatens to stop funding Starlink internet Ukraine relies on in war

As a Starlink customer I can tell ya that it is not cheap - but worth price when you live somewhere where you are not going to get internet by any source other than over the air or satellite.

I am also a Starlink customer, have had the service for about 18 months now, and I have been happy.

They've been paying $1500 for $499 service

That fee is for the dish/antenna itself. I did only pay $499 for mine when I got it, but they cost more than that to make. https://arstechnica.com/information...neration-satellite-dish-and-new-wi-fi-router/

I am also a Starlink customer, have had the service for about 18 months now, and I have been happy.

That fee is for the dish/antenna itself. I did only pay $499 for mine when I got it, but they cost more than that to make. https://arstechnica.com/information...neration-satellite-dish-and-new-wi-fi-router/

Correct, SpaceX has been supplying units to paying customers at a loss to help people get access to them. (ie. pre-war) Where they will make up the initial expense loss over time on the subscription monthly service pricing.

Considering they aren’t being paid for monthly service for a portion of the ones in Ukraine I wouldn’t expect them to supply those at a loss as well. To the US or EU or whoever is buying them.

Reactions: isufan21
Myth that has been circulating on Conservative radio waves and spouted by certain TV hosts for years. There is no evidence. Only anonymous sources likely planted by the Kremlin. The myth is meant to cause doubt about financially supporting Ukraine.
The number is clearly pulled out of somebody’s ass, but corruption in Ukraine is a reality and part of why the EU was playing the long game to bring them in.
I’d wager most of the American contribution comes in the form of material purchased by Uncle Sam from those here who understand how to get on the gravy train.

According to Transparency International’s 2021 Corruption Perceptions Index, Ukraine ranked 122nd out of 180 countries, near countries such as Zambia, Gabon and Mexico, while nations like Denmark and Finland ranked first.

That year, Ukraine was the second most corrupt in Europe. Russia was the most corrupt at 136.

David Frum is a moron and anyone who listens to him is a moron too.

R.9cc25e681cb4c3a542cafb22f83bb944

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT