ADVERTISEMENT

Muslim woman demands a different checker because of checker's cross necklace

Hypothetically, if this were true the manager handled it correctly by being the adult and doing the checkout. This way she got the Muslim bitch to shut up about it and the Christian bitch can feel good thinking she got over.

Well done manager.

The manager took the easy way out, encouraging more of this an eroding what America is just a little bit.

Some of you need to recalibrate your BS detectors. Different versions of the "outspoken Muslim woman in the grocery aisle" urban legend have been around for a few years now. #FakeNews...

https://www.snopes.com/rumors/lapelpin.asp
And stories such as these are almost always crafted to divert from the, in this case, real examples of anti-Muslim public behaviors.

I wonder what the response from some here would be if it was a woman wearing a cross asking for a woman wearing a burka to be replaced as cashier?

She wouldn't be a normal person either.....

From my understanding she was older and was not backing down and refused to remove or cover her cross until the manager said he would check out the Muslim woman.

The gal that cuts my hair and I then got into the discussion about our immigration policies.

One thing I have known for a long time: War is bad and with wars, people flee and where do they want to come? The United States. Minneapolis / St Paul has a huge Somali population.
I thought you would like war. It's there to make capitalists, like betty devos' brother eric, big money. Then they can spend it to corrupt our democracy and shit on the constituion.

Don't worry folks! If snopes says it, it must be true. They are our new arbiters of truth! All hail snopes!

So a hairdresser tells you a story she heard somewhere - no telling if that was an original source or a thrice removed retelling of something THAT person heard - and you accept it as gospel even though there are verified accounts of a similar story that have been floating around for years.

Gotcha.

I wonder what the response from some here would be if it was a woman wearing a cross asking for a woman wearing a burka to be replaced as cashier?

As a hypothetical, I'd tell the burka wearing woman to go to another line or another store. She can't dictate how to dress to others any more than they can dictate to her.

I would be fine if all employees had to adopt the exact same dress code.

No jewelry and no rag head crap either.

You go all the way with it or you shut up and by on Amazon.

Reactions: BrianNole09
So a hairdresser tells you a story she heard somewhere - no telling if that was an original source or a thrice removed retelling of something THAT person heard - and you accept it as gospel even though there are verified accounts of a similar story that have been floating around for years.

Gotcha.

From my understanding, she knew the checker but go ahead and make the story seem untrue.

I don't know a ton about the Muslim faith, I will admit, but apparently they don't like statues of Christ, the Virgin Mary, and the cross.

A quick google search found this story from today, Nov 17. Care to comment or are you going to dismiss what is happening here and abroad?

A Christian man claims a group of Muslim teenagers of Middle Eastern appearance ripped off his silver Greek Orthodox necklace during an alleged attack on a Sydney train.

Mike, who did not wish to give his full name, said five teenagers physically attacked him and his girlfriend as he rode on a train between Campsie and Bankstown, in the city's south-west, on Tuesday afternoon.

'They ripped the cross off me, threw it to the ground, they said 'f**k Jesus, and then said they said 'Allah' after that,' he told Daily Mail Australia on Sunday.

Baptist reverend George Capsis, who is a family friend of Mike, claimed there had been a spate of attacks on Christians in south-west Sydney, adding he had told his parishioners in Croydon to be wary.

'This country is nominally Christian, you shouldn't have to hide your crucifix or your faith,' he said.

'I was just off the cuff saying to them, "If it looks as though there could be trouble, hide the cross for the time being. You've just got to be sort of practical".'

The 70-year-old former Cronulla Sharks chaplain, who has been a Baptist minister since 1980, said the attacks on Christians by Muslims appeared to be a recent phenomenon in Sydney, with four attacks in six months.

'You can't blame all the Muslim people, they just want to live as peacefully as they can,' he said.

The whole story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-man-claims-Muslim-teens-attacked-train.html

Don't worry folks! If snopes says it, it must be true. They are our new arbiters of truth! All hail snopes!

It must be an interesting existence to simply cast-away reasoning or concern for the truth -- and simply believe those things you wish to be true and deny those things you don't wish to be true.

I wouldn't want to be that stupid and ignorant, but nonetheless it must be interesting.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Haha, oh so now hairstylist has a name? This is really adding credibility to your story. I’m gonna reconsider my accusation. Really doubting myself now....

One thing I can confirm from all of this is that you appear to be an @$$

This happened at Cub Foods, a major grocery chain in the Twin Cities.

Minneapolis/St Paul has a huge Somali population.

Those are facts.

And YOU say this was all made up.

Ok. @$$ hole.

It must be an interesting existence to simply cast-away reasoning or concern for the truth -- and simply believe those things you wish to be true and deny those things you don't wish to be true.

I wouldn't want to be that stupid and ignorant, but nonetheless it must be interesting.

but what's ironic? you do appear to be stupid and ignorant.

Reactions: BrianNole09
Snopes vs. Hair Dressers...hmmm, I wonder which has a longer track record of talking ignorant bullshiz? :rolleyes:

Never had heard to this "snopes" until now

I would think people would go to trustworthy sites but it appears people on this site only go to sites that confirm their beliefs

And they say I heard a made up story? Wow.

This happened at Cub Foods, a major grocery chain in the Twin Cities.

Minneapolis/St Paul has a huge Somali population.

Those are facts.
Not to nitpick, but as far as I can tell, you've got:
1 likely fact, depending on your definition of "major;"
1 interpretation/conclusion, based on relative proportion of the population; and
1 second or third-hand hearsay story that lacks any evidence to support its factual foundation.

Not to nitpick, but as far as I can tell, you've got:
1 likely fact, depending on your definition of "major;"
1 interpretation/conclusion, based on relative proportion of the population; and
1 second or third-hand hearsay story that lacks any evidence to support its factual foundation.

So, i should just say to Kathy that the Cub Foods cashier was lying to her?

So, i should just say to Kathy that the Cub Foods cashier was lying to her?

You're free to do whatever you'd like. I was simply commenting on the claimed veracity of your post. If you are determined to get to truth of the matter, I'd suggest asking Kathy the name of her cashier friend and then going to the Cub Foods store to check it out yourself.

or.. you can believe what you want to believe. That's entirely your prerogative.

but what's ironic? you do appear to be stupid and ignorant.

You repeat a story that has been documented as having been circulated in various forms, as if you heard it directly from a 3rd person. It's pointed out that Snopes has a documentation of this story.

It's pretty clear, then, that you did NOT hear this story from anybody, you merely passed on something you read on the Internet. You lied.

Then next poster makes a ridiculous statement that Snopes can't be trusted. Which in particular makes no sense in this case because they have your same story. I think any reasonable person can figure out who is the stupid ignorant one; and it's not the one who views wild stories suspiciously, but rather then one who repeats provably false stories.

You are a stupid, ignorant, liar -- and that's not an opinion. It's demonstrated in this thread.

You're free to do whatever you'd like. I was simply commenting on the claimed veracity of your post. If you are determined to get to truth of the matter, I'd suggest asking Kathy the name of her cashier friend and then going to the Cub Foods store to check it out yourself.

or.. you can believe what you want to believe. That's entirely your prerogative.

The fact that it happened at Cub Foods and the details given make me think it was true; I just sat back and listened and I like to think i have a BS meter.

Some more examples:

I live in St Paul; I work out at LA Fitness. A friend of mine had a Somali man slam his door into his car; when the friend confronted the Somali, the Somali man was the one who got angry, and said, "Don't disrespect me."

I was at McDonalds this summer in Eagan MN, a MPLS/St Paul suburb. I was sitting there eating. There was a huge Somali group with a huge order. About 5 minutes later, a Somali woman came back with the receipt, asking if they were sure they got all their food. The McD guy said yes. The McD guy, btw, is super nice and accommodating; I have been waited on him many times. I don't know if you use the McD app, but there are all kinds of issues; for example, they had a buy one sandwich, get one free; it was not working and he gave me the deal any way, even though it was supposed to be app only. A Somali man then came and said they were missing some sandwiches. The McD guy was sure he gave them all their food, asked what they were missing, and walked back to their tables, kind of in disbelief. Both men then walked back to the counter and the McD guy was saying "I know I have you "x" number of "x" sandwiches." Well, this pissed the Somali man off and he started screaming, saying "I spent over $70 on food, blah blah blah, and don't disrespect me." It was ugly and I offered to give the McD guy my name and number in case the Somali man complained to the McD owner.

So, I have seen quite a few examples of interesting Somail behavior first hand and like I said, I was not surprised when hearing this Cub Foods story.

You repeat a story that has been documented as having been circulated in various forms, as if you heard it directly from a 3rd person. It's pointed out that Snopes has a documentation of this story.

It's pretty clear, then, that you did NOT hear this story from anybody, you merely passed on something you read on the Internet. You lied.

Then next poster makes a ridiculous statement that Snopes can't be trusted. Which in particular makes no sense in this case because they have your same story. I think any reasonable person can figure out who is the stupid ignorant one; and it's not the one who views wild stories suspiciously, but rather then one who repeats provably false stories.

You are a stupid, ignorant, liar -- and that's not an opinion. It's demonstrated in this thread.

Nice come back, idiot. No one with any intellect has ever heard of "Snopes," btw.

Can't you think for yourself? You are not that stupid, are you?

Well, I think you are.

And now you are accusing me of making up the story completely? Seriously?

I hope people are paying attention to you in this thread. You are full of BS.

The fact that it happened at Cub Foods and the details given make me think it was true; I just sat back and listened and I like to think i have a BS meter.

Some more examples:

I live in St Paul; I work out at LA Fitness. A friend of mine had a Somali man slam his door into his car; when the friend confronted the Somali, the Somali man was the one who got angry, and said, "Don't disrespect me."

I was at McDonalds this summer in Eagan MN, a MPLS/St Paul suburb. I was sitting there eating. There was a huge Somali group with a huge order. About 5 minutes later, a Somali woman came back with the receipt, asking if they were sure they got all their food. The McD guy said yes. The McD guy, btw, is super nice and accommodating; I have been waited on him many times. I don't know if you use the McD app, but there are all kinds of issues; for example, they had a buy one sandwich, get one free; it was not working and he gave me the deal any way, even though it was supposed to be app only. A Somali man then came and said they were missing some sandwiches. The McD guy was sure he gave them all their food, asked what they were missing, and walked back to their tables, kind of in disbelief. Both men then walked back to the counter and the McD guy was saying "I know I have you "x" number of "x" sandwiches." Well, this pissed the Somali man off and he started screaming, saying "I spent over $70 on food, blah blah blah, and don't disrespect me." It was ugly and I offered to give the McD guy my name and number in case the Somali man complained to the McD owner.

So, I have seen quite a few examples of interesting Somail behavior first hand and like I said, I was not surprised when hearing this Cub Foods story.

Lies, lies, lies.

Nice come back, idiot. No one with any intellect has ever heard of "Snopes," btw.

Can't you think for yourself? You are not that stupid, are you?

Well, I think you are.

Anybody who is more interested in the truth than in sounding like a mouth-breathing idiot by repeating Internet myths looks to Snopes to separate fact from fiction. It's a very well-known source for doing such, but obviously in recent years its fallen into disfavor by the more credulous conservatives because time after time it points out that the silly Internet myths they're repeating are lies.

Reactions: SquatchHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT