ADVERTISEMENT

My 3rd Grade daughter bought this book at school

I don't care what you think.

no-shit-clark-griswold.gif

I don't think that's it. You likely have a very bigoted and myopic view of the issue and are too entrenched to want to discuss it.

Unless you want the commie view, it’s not really worth engaging anyway. He plays the part of human trash well on here and posts like “ok groomer” are about as creative as he can get. SAD!

Reactions: ping72
Interesting debate.
We are very open-minded, have a LGBTQ child and don’t run from questions. That’s said, I don’t think would proactively bring up gender and sexuality with a third-grader, unless there were signs he/she was interested or had questions. Not sure if some are saying that or I’m just mis-reading some posts.

My youngest had a trans child on his U7 and U8 soccer team. When the boy quit the team and began dressing like a girl, we talked to our son about it (his twin brother was still on the team). Had that not happens, though, we wouldn’t have brought it up out of the blue at that age.

Like I said, simpletons high five each other with over personal attacks. Why would I attempt to have a real conversation with someone like that?
How do you think discussion about LGBTQ people harms young children? I assume you think it confuses them, is that the case? If not, what is your concern?

It was available at her school on a bookshelf. That has been a big issue for some here in Florida.
Not judging - just wondering if it will continue to be available or will it be excluded this coming fall? Does she attend Leon County Public Schools?
A third grader is of an age where curiosity and reason is indicative of an ability to have a discussion with a parent about sexuality.

My parents were great people, but they bought into that Pentecostal Holiness nonsense hook line and sinker. I mean when your great-granddad, your granddad, and your Dad are all licensed ministers that tends to happen. And being told that everything is a sin, and that even the smallest sin can cause you to "lose your salvation" and "go to hell" then you start to hate everything about your humanity. It's one of the reasons I started thinking about suicide in my early 20's. Not all Christian theology is harmful, but that overly fundamentalist BS does tons of damage to your brain when you're young as you live life in a constant state of fear about God.
You should have been born into a Calvinist based church! No worries.....it is all predestined!! What you do is what God intended for you to do.....No harm....no foul!

Not judging - just wondering if it will continue to be available or will it be excluded this coming fall? Does she attend Leon County Public Schools?
A third grader is of an age where curiosity and reason is indicative of an ability to have a discussion with a parent about sexuality.

We're in Sarasota county, a pretty (at times) vitriolic conservative stronghold. I was actually surprised because I thought she was getting an extended telling of the original book, not a contemporary interpretation.

Her older sister is a junior in high school and heavily involved in theatre. So the little one was offered a small role in the production. She really enjoyed it and also really bonded with the diverse group of theatre kids.

Reactions: goldmom
You should have been born into a Calvinist based church! No worries.....it is all predestined!! What you do is what God intended for you to do.....No harm....no foul!
LOL, in my first stage of Rebellion I did leave my Pentecostal Church and joined a Calvinist church and became a full 5 point Calvinist or whatever it was called. Eventually I realized that was even worse. It meant that God created the majority of humans on the Earth and Predestined them to burn and suffer in Hell for Eternity. And that was supposed to be a "Good" God. I mean Thanos was more generous than that. lol

They just recently learned that Santa Claus isn’t real and now you want to inform them that some women like to eat pussy?

Do you get into the dirty details about straight sex with them?

LOL, in my first stage of Rebellion I did leave my Pentecostal Church and joined a Calvinist church and became a full 5 point Calvinist or whatever it was called. Eventually I realized that was even worse. It meant that God created the majority of humans on the Earth and Predestined them to burn and suffer in Hell for Eternity. And that was supposed to be a "Good" God. I mean Thanos was more generous than that. lol
Being a member of The Reformed Church of America, I got more than enough of Calvinism indoctrination.....thankfully my church was a little more liberal in its interpretation......however, those Christian Reformers.....HOLY SHIT! I always felt sorry for those poor bastards.....

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Being a member of The Reformed Church of America, I got more than enough of Calvinism indoctrination.....thankfully my church was a little more liberal in its interpretation......however, those Christian Reformers.....HOLY SHIT! I always felt sorry for those poor bastards.....
There is no hate like a Christian reformer's love, that is for sure.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Don't really understand the need to rewrite a classic like Little Women but it is what it is....

I found out my little nephew has been reading the Berenstain Bears in his classroom….I think this is appalling and am reporting it to the school board and the Gov Desantis tip line!!

Books like this that reinforce some radical right wing teachers beliefs on the “correct” family structure should not be taught at such a young age!

ADVERTISEMENT