ADVERTISEMENT

My happy news for the day

hawkbirch

HR Legend
Nov 24, 2015
Time for a politics break...

I took a UHaul full of kids' stuff to the Take 2 sale out at the Fairgrounds last week and collected $2035 for Ladies Football Academy and the UI Stead Family Children's Hospital. I was hoping to raise $1200 so I'm over the moon right now.

Don't you feel bad for charging too much for your wares?

JK...I am remembering back to a previous time when some nitwits on here were ragging on you for charging others too much at a garage sale or something. Good work!

Congrats Birch on your tremendous effort. As the
former Iowa Basketball Coach Lute Olson said:

There are two types of people in this world. The
Givers and the Takers. The Givers are those who
try to help others make this world a better place.
The Takers are those folks who sit on the sidelines
and think the world owes them everything.

Don't you feel bad for charging too much for your wares?

JK...I am remembering back to a previous time when some nitwits on here were ragging on you for charging others too much at a garage sale or something. Good work!

I was accused of accepting donations meant for those in need and turning around and selling them instead.

I'd say I priced things perfectly judging from how much of it sold!

I snuck a pic of birch at the fairgrounds over the weekend.
40376578_253556031966553_6839468486884748877_n.jpg

Time for a politics break...

I took a UHaul full of kids' stuff to the Take 2 sale out at the Fairgrounds last week and collected $2035 for Ladies Football Academy and the UI Stead Family Children's Hospital. I was hoping to raise $1200 so I'm over the moon right now.

I'm sure there were a lot of people that opened this thread that are happy for you, but disappointed that the OP wasn't what they were hoping for.;)

Reactions: hawkbirch
ADVERTISEMENT