ADVERTISEMENT

My Hope

PHawkKenyon

Team MVP
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2016
Cedar Rapids
That everyone on the board will do what we have done for 21 years…treat Kris and Keegan as the individuals they are. Yes they are the Murray twins, and yet their individuality makes the pair great. They have a lot of similarities in their game, and obviously the way they look, but each brings something unique to the table and that’s why Fran brought them to Iowa. You’ll see some things that Keegan did this year in Kris as he continues to develop, but you’ll also see some things that sets Kris apart from Keegan. That is made Kris such a good player at Prairie and at DME. You’ll never be able to get away from the comparisons 100%, so please take the time to evaluate them for the players they are not the players that you want them to be. I have always trusted my boys’ desire, focus and love for the game. Because of that trust I know that they will excel in whatever situation they are in. Go Hawks!

That everyone on the board will do what we have done for 21 years…treat Kris and Keegan as the individuals they are. Yes they are the Murray twins, and yet their individuality makes the pair great. They have a lot of similarities in their game, and obviously the way they look, but each brings something unique to the table and that’s why Fran brought them to Iowa. You’ll see some things that Keegan did this year in Kris as he continues to develop, but you’ll also see some things that sets Kris apart from Keegan. That is made Kris such a good player at Prairie and at DME. You’ll never be able to get away from the comparisons 100%, so please take the time to evaluate them for the players they are not the players that you want them to be. I have always trusted my boys’ desire, focus and love for the game. Because of that trust I know that they will excel in whatever situation they are in. Go Hawks!
Yes, Kenyon, Iowa fans will do what they have done for 21 years. They will cheer the success of players that are the key to winning lots of games, and will crush other fine young men that only help the team win "some" games.

I truly get tired of fans that judge the character of coaches and players based on their in game performance. As a parent that visits this board, it has to drive you a little crazy,

I'm sure there are fans that have Kris penciled in to average 24/10 - and that would be simply amazing if he does. Two POY candidates in the same family seems like some sort of science experiment! But I have no doubt he will be a great Hawk next year!

I also have no doubt he will make "most" Iowa fans proud no matter what his stats are.

I am also certain he will make his parents proud.

Yes, Kenyon, Iowa fans will do what they have done for 21 years. They will cheer the success of players that are the key to winning lots of games, and will crush other fine young men that only help the team win "some" games.

I truly get tired of fans that judge the character of coaches and players based on their in game performance. As a parent that visits this board, it has to drive you a little crazy,

I'm sure there are fans that have Kris penciled in to average 24/10 - and that would be simply amazing if he does. Two POY candidates in the same family seems like some sort of science experiment! But I have no doubt he will be a great Hawk next year!

I also have no doubt he will make "most" Iowa fans proud no matter what his stats are.

I am also certain he will make his parents proud.
Appreciate that!!

Big Kris fan...I wanted him to play last year and share the PF position because they would have made the defense a lot, lot better.

I would have started both Bros this year---but Fran is Fran. Hopefully Kris will get a fairer whistle next year.

As a fan, I hope the decision is for Kris is to return to play another year at Iowa and lead the team. There are lot of options out there to play professionally, so if he leaves early...best wishes. Same when Cook and Weezy left early.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I am imagining Kenyon sitting courtside with Franisdaman’s nemesis. It’s the biggest smile I’ve had all weekend!

Kenyon, 99% of the Iowa fans support your kids 100%. They understand that Kris & Keegan are individuals. If both go pro this year, 95% will support their decisions. If Keegan goes pro and Kris comes back, Hawkeye fans will miss Keegan and welcome Kris back with open arms. Your family has been great for Iowa. Your boys have achieved greatness at Iowa, even if neither plays another second for Iowa.

Dude - 99% of Hawkeye fans are amazed and proud of what your kids have done on the court. There are a few (I’ll call them the 1%) that think they know more than they do. I think you can just laugh them off (probably easier said than done).

When I talk about that larger group, I’m considering fans that know nothing about basketball (my wife being one) and my kids (young guys that are being molded into lifelong Hawkeye fans by their exposure to players like Kris & Keegan). Memorable players that fans like that (and me, the super basketball expert) will talk about for years. There is a small group of us message board experts vs the larger Hawkeye Nation that watches, cheers, appreciates - just takes in the competition

i appreciate your efforts to be open on this board, but you don’t owe it to any of us. You represented the university well as a student/athlete in your day. Your kids do too. When I mentioned their effort on the court above, that’s only because I don’t know you or your family personally (nor do most here), but I assume the Murray family is doing things pretty well off the court as well.

Give your boys a high five from the fans, kids, moms, grandmoms, armchair off-guard dorks (me) that love watching them in the Hawkeye jersey.

Cool to have you around here though. Stay on for the next 20-30 years. Always a bit of a ride.

Kenyon, 99% of the Iowa fans support your kids 100%. They understand that Kris & Keegan are individuals. If both go pro this year, 95% will support their decisions. If Keegan goes pro and Kris comes back, Hawkeye fans will miss Keegan and welcome Kris back with open arms. Your family has been great for Iowa. Your boys have achieved greatness at Iowa, even if neither plays another second for Iowa.
Ha! I had the same ratios in mind. Now, on HR, maybe not. But I think most of my Hawkeye friends don’t even know there is a message board(s). They just cheer in real life!

On Thursday at 4:58 pm, about 30 minutes after the Iowa loss, Bleeder started a thread reminding us of his HATE for Connor and JBo. Think about that; he waited just 30 minutes before bashing individual players on the team. A link to his thread follows.

I and others found his 9 paragraph rant disgusting. I hope he never does the same to your kids after a loss or ever.

When someone told Bleeder to watch JBo in the postgame press conference, he replied, I don’t give a shit what JBo has to say.

I see that he is kissing up to you in this thread but after seeing what he writes about players on the team, especially after a loss, I suggest you watch your back.

In case you missed that thread:

On Thursday at 4:58 pm, about 30 minutes after the Iowa loss, Bleeder started a thread reminding us of his HATE for Connor and JBo. Think about that; he waited just 30 minutes before bashing individual players on the team. A link to his thread follows.

I and others found his 9 paragraph rant disgusting. I hope he never does the same to your kids after a loss or ever.

When someone told Bleeder to watch JBo in the postgame press conference, he replied, I don’t give a shit what JBo has to say.

I see that he is kissing up to you in this thread but after seeing what he writes about players on the team, especially after a loss, I suggest you watch your back.

Triggered alert! Jbo is a dumbass and Connor has a temper issue equal to his father's. All this has nothing to do with this conversation or the two young men being discussed whom Fran has done disservice to with terrible/selfish decisions and lack of leadership. The Murrays have too much class and appreciation for the original opportunity to call out what we all see. Go tell on someone else buddy.

Tell the truth..how often did you get beat up as a kid?

;)

Seriously stop! Every positive thread you derail. What is wrong with you? You're not the board police. Find some peace in your life and develop a new hobby.

Great post Kenyon!!!! Can't wait to see and support what each of the boys does from here on out. You have GOT to be a VERY PROUD dad!!!!!!

Fran, for the sake of the board, lol, you need to move past this crush you have on me. Kenyon is likely not going to white knight for you and is probably a little weirded out by the number of times you tag him in a post.

Let. It. Go. 😆

I like kids who are hungry and humble. While the Murray twins are different players, they definitely have that in common.

Like I said in another thread, please push for Atlanta to draft Keegan. I can get court side seats. 😁
And then the fans seated in the like five rows behind you won’t see a damn thing except the back of your gigantic pumpkin head.

Maybe the usher will make you sit on the floor.

• Haha
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder

You are so damn weird. Like a grown up hall monitor.

Hey OP, one of the things I noticed immediately about your kids, in their first minutes as freshman, was that they were always in the right position off the ball defensively, and I never caught them losing vision. No bad habits. In a stance. Never late on a rotation. Etc and etc. It was impressive. Hard to imagine, with your career at Iowa, how you played, that you’re not the main reason for this, but they definitely had some good coaching pre-Iowa.

I played at Peoria Hjgh—Chris Reynolds was a teammate—and was extremely well-coached defensively. Probably a sort of defensive snob. And Kris and Keegan jumped off the screen as being incredibly fundamentally sound.

And then the fans seated in the like five rows behind you won’t see a damn thing except the back of your gigantic pumpkin head.

Maybe the usher will make you sit on the floor.
Lol. The ticket I was going to get you has now been revoked. You just lost your chance to ask The Human Highlight Film about any former Peoria players. 😆

Reactions: Rudolph
Hey OP, one of the things I noticed immediately about your kids, in their first minutes as freshman, was that they were always in the right position off the ball defensively, and I never caught them losing vision. No bad habits. In a stance. Never late on a rotation. Etc and etc. It was impressive. Hard to imagine, with your career at Iowa, how you played, that you’re not the main reason for this, but they definitely had some good coaching pre-Iowa.

I played at Peoria Hjgh—Chris Reynolds was a teammate—and was extremely well-coached defensively. Probably a sort of defensive snob. And Kris and Keegan jumped off the screen as being incredibly fundamentally sound.
Yeah, what would Kenyon know about defense that he might possibly impart to his sons? 🤔

Reactions: TritonHawkeye
I am hopeful that both Ogundule and Mulvey make great strides this off-season. Allowing Kris to not have to play/guard the 5 would really be beneficial to his game, I think.

Letting Kris have some possessions where they isolate him against his defender as we did Keegan this season will really open up his game as well.

I often felt Kris couldn't get into a good rhythm this year due to either fouls from having to guard bigger players and not getting the ball into his hands earlier in possessions to be able to create.

If he's in an Iowa uniform next season, I have no doubt he'll give max effort, be a good teammate, and likely put up some great numbers.

Seriously stop! Every positive thread you derail. What is wrong with you? You're not the board police. Find some peace in your life and develop a new hobby.

All I am doing is pointing out the sad irony that 2 faced Bleeder is kissing up to the parent of 2 players in this thread yet 30 minutes after Iowa lost on Thursday he was ripping on 2 other players.

And, as a reminder, he said in his 9 paragraph rant that he read articles that led him to seriously wonder if many of the Iowa players weren’t resting on their laurels a bit, coming off the BTT championship, and approached this game like they could just show up and beat a puny mid-major like Richmond. I asked him for links to those articles; he provided none. I asked him who he included when he said "many of the players," because, of course, that could have included Keegan and Kris. He did not reply, of course.

He also stated in his ridiculous rant that he didn't care anymore. Yet here he is.

Here are the related excerpts from his rant:

Because from what I’ve read about the game, it leads me to seriously wonder if many of the Iowa players weren’t resting on their laurels a bit, coming off the BTT championship, and approached this game like they could just show up and beat a puny mid-major like Richmond.

I just don’t think I care anymore. It’s old and it’s predictable.

All I am doing is pointing out the sad irony that 2 faced Bleeder is kissing up to the parent of 2 players in this thread yet 30 minutes after Iowa lost on Thursday he was ripping on 2 other players.

And, as a reminder, he said in his 9 paragraph rant that he read articles that led him to seriously wonder if many of the Iowa players weren’t resting on their laurels a bit, coming off the BTT championship, and approached this game like they could just show up and beat a puny mid-major like Richmond. I asked him for links to those articles; he provided none. I asked him who he included when he said "many of the players," because, of course, that could have included Keegan and Kris. He did not reply, of course.

He also stated in his ridiculous rant that he didn't care anymore. Yet here he is.

Weird. Like you take this message boarding super super superdooooper srs. Rullysurreeous.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Big Kris fan...I wanted him to play last year and share the PF position because they would have made the defense a lot, lot better.

I would have started both Bros this year---but Fran is Fran. Hopefully Kris will get a fairer whistle next year.

As a fan, I hope the decision is for Kris is to return to play another year at Iowa and lead the team. There are lot of options out there to play professionally, so if he leaves early...best wishes. Same when Cook and Weezy left early.
How about if we as fans stay the heck out of the discussions Keegan and Kris are having with their parents, coaches and others as they seek to come up with what’s best for them individually, and then respect their decisions whatever they happen to be?!

Reactions: Hendy hawk
How about if we as fans stay the heck out of the discussions Keegan and Kris are having with their parents, coaches and others as they seek to come up with what’s best for them individually, and then respect their decisions whatever they happen to be?!
We are out of their convos lol...

Reactions: Hawktheworld
What?! And here I thought Kenyon was here looking specifically for OUR input! Wow, did I ever miss the mark, there!

@Franisdaman you may have been outweirded, here.

Keep it creepy ;)

Reactions: Hawktheworld
... comparisons 100%, so please take time to evaluate them for the players they are not the players that you want them to be.

videomoviespeechhoosiersintro.jpg

MY HOPE is you, Kenyon, quit lifting movie lines.

Kidding aside, not a lot of parents would take the time to share the updates and reminders that you do. Thanks 👍.

Edit: Sorry this thread has devolved into the childish mud slinging match by a few but am still confident 90 some percent appreciate your efforts.

Last edited:

Really? Must you always stir the damn pot? Sorry Kenyon. Not right for someone to hijack your post about the boys, but some people can't help themselves. Wishing the twins all the best whatever they decide in the next few weeks........

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder

😆

1. Please get professional help.

2. Your reading comprehension issues are a you problem.

3. I have been very consistent in my opinions of all Iowa players, which include Jordan, CMac, Kris, and Keegan. In my OP that you love to obsessively quote from, I clearly and unambiguously stated I don’t believe Jordan is a bad player (see point 2). I simply explained why I and other Iowa fans have taken issue with JBo’s antics over the years, citing this most recent example because of its relevance.

Furthermore, I have pointed out throughout the season things I respect about what CMac provides the second unit—such as his toughness and basketball IQ. However, yes, I have and still do believe he was the beneficiary of nepotism, especially last season, when a future lottery pick—who IMO is/was Iowa’s most versatile defender—rode the bench behind him. Again, you and others are welcomed to disagree with that. It is just my opinion. But I have been very consistent on that.

4. Please seek professional help.

5. Please seek professional help.

6. You are not the board moderator. I don’t know why you think that, but I’ll assume it ties into points 1,4, and 5.

7. When I tag Kenyon in a thousand different posts, which for some odd reason you have felt inclined to do the past two years, then perhaps you accusing me of “sucking up to two players’ parents” will have merit.

8. You get in a lot of dumb pissing matches with other posters on here. And, sadly, you chose this thread to satisfy your self-centered and self-aggrandizing agenda. At some point, you have to recognize there’s a common denominator.

9. No one on the board cares about your trifling pettiness, just as no one wants to wade through it thread after thread. Thus, this will be my last response to you. Nobody cares, Fran, what you think of me or any other poster.

10. Please get professional help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT