ADVERTISEMENT

My Iowa Wrestling Recruiting Wish List Podcast & Blog

Thanks Todd. Love all the stuff you provide along with the podcasts.

Nic Bousakis is a young 2022 grade I would love For him to be a Hawkeye. His father wrestled in Ny one of the best I’ve seen at the HS level I’m not sure what happened to him at the college level. The apple does not fall far from the tree he will be the real deal for what I have seen...

Simley High School in MN. Same school as Jake Short, Nick Wanzek and Greg Kerkvleit.

He is #8 overall in his class ranking. I think he will be a Sophomore.
Can you imagine the hysteria if Iowa steals another one?

I can see it now... "he was a lifelong Hawkeye fan and the Gophs had an uphill battle to win him over". According to the Minny apologists... only the rural in State kids gravitate to Iowa.:p

I think Sokol may be better at Freestyle then folk. I'm not sure there will be hysteria (other than a couple negative nelly's) if he did choose Iowa. I can't remember too many guys Iowa has pulled from Minny that the gophers haven't had a recruiting answer for. Kennedy could be that guy but time will tell.

Changing a little here - Fargo

Looks like Nelson is going - excited to see how he does there. Also, Team Iowa is pretty stacked at HWT, interesting to see who places the best from that group. Iowa sending most of their best guys - glad to see that (notable Teske and Thomsen not there).

Rosters

Is Nelson going to take a year at the OTC or not enroll in full time classes? This would give him another year to improve and ultimately another year in the lineup.

Is Nelson going to take a year at the OTC or not enroll in full time classes? This would give him another year to improve and ultimately another year in the lineup.
It's my understanding Nelson has a very serious lady friend who will be a freshmen at Iowa also. Spending a year apart while Nelson is at the OTC is probably something neither of them want. Doesn't mean it won't happen. Alex and Moriah did it but there situation was different with Alex being a year younger.

It's my understanding Nelson has a very serious lady friend who will be a freshmen at Iowa also. Spending a year apart while Nelson is at the OTC is probably something neither of them want. Doesn't mean it won't happen. Alex and Moriah did it but there situation was different with Alex being a year younger.

Doesn't he go out with Morningstar's sister?

I hope this isn't even part of the equation but realistically I understand teenage boys minds.

Reactions: Mattski
Women weaken legs everyone knows this.
rocky.gif

I think Sokol may be better at Freestyle then folk. I'm not sure there will be hysteria (other than a couple negative nelly's) if he did choose Iowa. I can't remember too many guys Iowa has pulled from Minny that the gophers haven't had a recruiting answer for. Kennedy could be that guy but time will tell.
You're referencing the Robinson years regarding guys like Eusticex2/Falck/others. Outside of gaining a blue chipper because his brother is on the roster, Eggum is struggling in several areas. Not the least of which is recruiting elite in State guys.

Just the rumor on this board already has more than a few worried on the Goph's forum about losing Sokol, too. If Eggum's highly ranked class from last year falls apart like the Stroker/Early one did... Eggum is toast. And J ain't coming back!

Eustices were great but the Gophers had the Schlatters. Falck was a stud but the Gophers had Ness. Like I said, the Gophers have had an answer for anyone leaving the state for Iowa. I think the same will be said for Glazier, Cashman, and Sokol if he decides to go there. Personally, I think 2x state champs, Charlie Pickell and Reid Ballantyne will be better recruits out of Minnesota than Sokol.

I get your shtick of hating everything Gophers and Iowa St. just thought I’d give my two cents worth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT