ADVERTISEMENT

My local fishwrap just announced no more physical newspaper delivery on Saturdays....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
But you get a "full digital replica" of the actual newspaper online. :rolleyes:

This is garbage. I pay for home delivery to support local journalism, and it's not cheap. This is probably the first shot across the bow ending actual paper newspapers altogether.

It looks like the Orlando Sentinel will still be doing 7-day home delivery, but I don't live in Orlando and they do a poor job of reporting on what's happening in my neck of central Florida.

I know, I know.... "old man yells at cloud.gif"

The Tampa Bay Times cut back to print copy two days a week (Wednesday & Sunday) in the early stages of the covid shutdowns.
I miss the daily paper dgaf if that makes me sound old. I am old.

Reactions: The Tradition
The Des Moines Register just announced this as well. Probably same owner as OPs paper?

Beginning Feb 1 I’m only getting the WSJ online. At a cost savings, but it will be so different than walking out to my driveway, grabbing my paper, and sitting down at the bar in the kitchen with my coffee.
The times they are a changin’!!

OP's neck of central Florida is a shithole. If he'd like that in print and delivered, on Saturday, I'll oblige.

Reactions: el dub
Beginning Feb 1 I’m only getting the WSJ online. At a cost savings, but it will be so different than walking out to my driveway, grabbing my paper, and sitting down at the bar in the kitchen with my coffee.
The times they are a changin’!!
The WSJ/Barron's bundle is $50/MTH. There is so much free news out there it's hard to justify paying that kind of subscription rate. Though the WSJ is pretty good.

On special you can get this bundle for $6/MTH for one year. I suppose that's a decent introductory rate.

Reactions: goldmom
I dropped the Florida Times Union ten years ago. It’s straight up irrelevant silliness with yesterday’s news anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT