ADVERTISEMENT

My mask is going in the trash can.. Thanks CDC!!!

Not diving down this rabbit hole. The important thing is that we have a vaccine. You can revel in your imagined our real self-righteous indignation on masking or refusing to mask.

I hope you wear a mask for the rest of your life. You never know...

Y'all can keep arguing, all I know is this is me from here on out!

515.gif

The Biden Administration was under pressure due to their mixed messaging about vaccines and masks. Biden was vaccinated and still running around wearing a mask outdoors and even on a zoom call.

People were left wondering what good is the vaccination if it doesn't change the strict protocol.

So after taking a hit on the poor messaging, Fauci and the CDC start changing their tune.

This isn't about following the science, it's about following the politics.
So I don't understand are you saying the vaccine doesn't work then if they are not following the science. What does the science say?

The data isn't there.
Many smart people disagree:

Another 10 to 15 million people were fully vaccinated.

Sure, but I guess my point is if you had both vaccinations there was no real reason to continue to wear a mask.

I think most reasonable people suspected this. Either that or why get vaccinated in the first place. Also, it’s pretty apparent the masks were pretty useless as this thing spread like wildfire all over the place.

Many smart people disagree:

Other smart people read about what the original smart people studied, critically review it, and concur about those smart people's conclusions. Then, they often post the results here, for dumb people to bitch about and ignore and continue to wallow in their own ignorance.

😎

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
Wonder what changed over the past week or so?
Better understanding of how likely vaccinated people spread COVID (not much at all).
Recognition that being overly cautious was backfiring in to a perceived lack of confidence in the vaccines.
Desire to create clear incentives for vaccinated people vs. unvaccinated (altho the latter will likely just lie).

Google "covid rate" and compare the current 7 day average of deaths and new cases with the 7 day average for most of last summer. You'll see very little difference. And this is with a third of the country fully vaccinated.

How are eyes not opened to what's going on?

Google "covid rate" and compare the current 7 day average of deaths and new cases with the 7 day average for most of last summer. You'll see very little difference. And this is with a third of the country fully vaccinated.

Hmm.. I wonder what is different from last summer

Google "covid rate" and compare the current 7 day average of deaths and new cases with the 7 day average for most of last summer. You'll see very little difference.

Cases were RISING back then

Today, they have declined from 3x to 4x the numbers we had back then, with FAR fewer active cases during 2020.

The vaccines are going to continue the decline.

There is a huge, huge difference

Last June, beginning of summer, we had at 27k/wk running average, which ballooned up to 70,000/wk by mid July. That was with "just" 1M Active infections running around infecting others.

Today, we have 36k cases/wk, declining from >70k/wk JUST one month ago. And that is with >6M Active cases running around.

See if you can figure out the difference, now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT