ADVERTISEMENT

My nephew is a teacher in S Korea, and they....

Then why is our leadership receiving so many compliments from legitimate Medical Experts on it was handled in this country? Far more proactive than the leadership in place for the 2009 H1N1. You may want to survey some global medical experts on the handling of H1N1 in this country and the bogus vaccine that was put in front of US citizens. Don’t take my word. Do a little research and you might be surprised what you learn.
Trump has stated that he won't even talk to Governors if they don't praise him. You don't have to be a doctor to realize that the only way to get something out of the orange dipshit is to give him compliments. He's a disgrace and was calling this a dem hoax not that long ago, so take your BS elsewhere.

That's great to hear. I wish our leadership would have responded the way the S. Korean leadership did. It was impressive to read their response and action. I was talking to my co-worker who is from Seoul and he mentioned it would be highly unusual to see anyone without a wearing a mask in public. Here in the States, I barely see anyone wearing a mask.

Then why is our leadership receiving so many compliments from legitimate Medical Experts on it was handled in this country? Far more proactive than the leadership in place for the 2009 H1N1. You may want to survey some global medical experts on the handling of H1N1 in this country and the bogus vaccine that was put in front of US citizens. Don’t take my word. Do a little research and you might be surprised what you learn.

Lol...this is dumb
Careful, @silasstarr. You can’t go after a cult leader like that and not expect the members of that cult to
not attack you.
First off - yes, it's true that the US response to H1N1 was a bit delayed in 2009/2010. However, the eggs were already in the flu-basket in terms of response to a pandemic ... so our infrastructure was already geared toward a flu-based epidemic. Thus, having a muted external response may easily have been attributable to an internal response that felt that our resources were already directed toward the problem. All told, H1N1 led to an estimated 12500 deaths in the US (roughly 3500 confirmed deaths) ... with an estimated mortality rate of 0.02%.

Confirmed deaths in the US for the current pandemic are ALREADY at around 2600 dead ... and that number is rising every hour. Across all age groups, it's not outlandish to estimate the mortality rate to be in the ball-park of 2%.

What's the significance of the above information? First ... we're dealing with a virus that we don't have the same preparedness for ... our pandemic preparedness has been geared more towards the flu-virus ... not Corona-type viruses. Second ... the mortality rate is an order of magnitude OR TWO worse for covid-19 compared to H1N1.

So when you're dealing with a virus that is potentially 100 times more deadly than H1N1 ... and you don't have a medical infrastructure that is prepared for it ... you better have an immediate response.

To suggest that our nation's initial response was commendable would be revisionist history. Unless you've missed it ... we're being told to brace for the possibility of up to 200000 deaths in the USA alone!

Couldn’t have outlined this any better.

Also, this: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-fire-pandemic-team/

We aren’t South Korea, and won’t have the success of South Korea, because we are run by the equivalent of a carnie cult leader. Our inept “leadership” at the top didn’t take it seriously then blew it. Yeah, I went there. Suck it up and deal with it...

Careful, @silasstarr. You can’t go after a cult leader like that and not expect the members of that cult to
not attack you.

We aren’t South Korea, and won’t have the success of South Korea, because we are run by the equivalent of a carnie cult leader. Our inept “leadership” at the top didn’t take it seriously then blew it. Yeah, I went there. Suck it up and deal with it...
I can take the attacks. No problem on my side. If it isn't apparent at this point that Trump is unfit...

I can take the attacks. No problem on my side. If it isn't apparent at this point that Trump is unfit...
you do realize that most every official from New York was saying the same thing or more till it was apparent that they screwed up. And as far as unfit goes you have a long list on both sides that fit into that category.

Reactions: millhawk
Please link any positive remarks from medical experts about US leadership. I haven’t seen them and doubtful they exist. Trump busy praising himself for TV ratings of his news conferences but still clueless about science of it all
You’ll find them if you want to.

not attack you.

Framed your narrative beautifully.

Please explain how a 100 fold difference in mortality rate is "still small." Right now it doesn't quite compute.

As a ridiculously dire scenario (that I doubt will happen) - folks in Germany speculated that as many as 70% of their population could ultimately get infected. If the same occurs in the USA ... that means we're staring down 229 million infected. A mortality rate of 2% of those infected, would be 4.58 million DEAD. I believe such a number is certainly outlandishly large.

However, for the '09 swine flu, it was estimated that as many as 60.8 million folks were infected. If we face the same numbers of corona-virus infections ... 2% of that number would still amount to 1.22 million DEAD! (a huge difference from the 12.2 thousand who were estimated to have died from the swine flu)

The estimated number of possible deaths in the USA of 200-300 thousand people is perceived by many as an optimistic number. So again ... I don't understand what is meant by "still small."

Thank goodness the death rate is much lower than 2%. Right now, we’ve been testing only the more obvious, more suspicious cases and missing most of the mild cases. Heck, This week, my patient with cough, fever, and shortness of breath was denied testing simply because she’s only 32 years old(testing mainly those over 65 or been in direct contact with someone with Covid19)

It will go away, just depends if we have a vaccine for when It comes back.

If you are saying it will go away because of the summer I'd like to know why you believe that? If it is the flu goes away in the summer logic then go look at how it is spreading in warm and humid climates like Ecuador where it is currently summer weather.

That area of the world is different both culturally and in their experience with viruses based on their greater impact from SARS in the early 2000s. It's much more common in South Korea for folks to wear masks in public, and big gatherings/stores are all outfitted with temperature scanners and hand sanitizer. They built up their inventory of masks, and quickly moved on getting tests early on, because their whole approach depends on testing, isolating positive people and doing contact tracing. I would imagine the US (once we are past this) will spend the money and time to build up the infrastructure necessary to do the same.

There's plenty to blame to pass around to leaders in the state and national level, mostly because no one could imagine we would be in this situation. Some states and federal leaders have responded better than others.

I traveled to S. Korea and China a couple falls ago. Seemed like half the people in airports were wearing masks. Asked several people if something was going around. They told me no that it was just flu season.

One thing I have learned from these boards over the past couple weeks is:

Trump supporters hope this virus gets over quickly and they don't trust the majority of the media.

Democrats want this virus to accelerate and hope numbers rise so it will make Trump look bad and hopefully cost him the election.

Seeing some truly ugly in a lot of people.

If you are saying it will go away because of the summer I'd like to know why you believe that? If it is the flu goes away in the summer logic then go look at how it is spreading in warm and humid climates like Ecuador where it is currently summer weather.
Dont think it will go away because of weather. I just think it will run its course, kinda fizzle out and then come back with a vengeance in the fall. Hope we have a vaccine by then.

Trump supporters called it a hoax and didn’t trust the science (again...shocker).

Democrats warned this virus would accelerate and know the rise in numbers rise make Trump look bad

FIFY.

Thinking anyone wants their parents or grandparents to die for an election is beyond stupid, but that level of “intelligent” analysis from a cultist makes sense.

Last edited:
Fact: Trump said the virus was no big deal. Sick? Go to work anyway. Videos and written reports from legitimate news sources are available everywhere to verify this.

Fact: Trump recently called A-Rod for advice on handling the pandemic.

Fact: Trump was told in January the virus was coming and laughed it off. Now he says, "Nobody could have seen this coming." Actually, everybody in the health community saw it coming, told him, and he ignored it. Look it up.

Fact: One of the first things Trump did was to dismantle Obama's pandemic response team designed to handle this exact situation. Had it still been in place, the US would be more like S. Korea now rather than Italy.

Fact: Trump's ignorant, arrogant mishandling of everything has now culminated in putting you, me, and every other American at risk of serious illness or death.

Fact: This president is a sociopath and a pathological liar, an egomaniac, a bully, and a coward who--like serial killers--has not a drop of empathy. The list of dangerous character traits could go on almost indefinitely.

It's one thing to disagree on politics, it's an entirely different thing to watch the world's greatest democracy being torn to shreds by a megalomaniac who is putting the very lives of those who blindly support him--and everyone else--in mortal danger.

BTW: When he signed the relief bill the other day, one of the first things the president said was that he wanted his signature on the checks going to individuals. Normally, a nameless civil servant signs such checks. And then the president, with nothing better to do, went on Twitter to brag about what great TV ratings he's getting on his virus press briefings. Meanwhile, the US lacks enough 75-cent masks and gloves to keep doctors and nurses safe as they treat COVID-19 victims. He mocks the disabled. He blames everyone else for his constant failures. He "has a hunch" the virus will just go away instead of listening to the doctors, researchers, and other experts. And THIS is the entity you defend, that you want to vote for again? What is wrong with you? No decent parent would put up with such behavior for a minute from an 8-year-old, but millions bow down to the entity who, thanks only to the quirk of the Electoral College, has the US on the brink of disaster.
You've got 4 more years of personal hell coming. Get some meds, you're clearly going to need it. Blame yourself for worshipping Politicians, the lowest form of humanity, you get what you deserve.

FIFY.

Thinking anyone wants their parents or grandparents to die for an election is beyond stupid, but that level of “intelligent” analysis from a cultist makes sense.

Yeah this just isn't true. Have spoken with many Democrats that have been very happy over this. Some real pieces of crap.

Back when Trump was calling travel bans and talking about coronavirus the only thing Dems were talking about was how Trump was racist for the travel bans. They were busy talking about impeachment. Now all of sudden they are all about travel bans. Democrat debate during the outbreak nothing about coronavirus. Trump touts chloroquine as a possible productive drug against coronavirus because scientists show it's being affective Democrats and the media go bonkers, had Democrat leaders shutting drug down in their states. Now those same leaders are asking the federal government to send them chloroquine. GOP puts together a stimulus package to help the American people. Nancy and her greedy loons use it as leverage to get a bunch of pet projects that have nothing to do with coronavirus funded. Costing us billions. Dems already announcing they want to open an investigation when this is all over. Funny they didn't give a crap when Obama promised 100 million vaccines for swine flu by October but only produced 11 million. Which led to thousands of deaths.

Last edited:
Yeah this just isn't true. Have spoken with many Democrats that have been very happy over this. Some real pieces of crap.

Back when Trump was calling travel bans and talking about coronavirus the only thing Dems were talking about was how Trump was racist for the travel bans. They were busy talking about impeachment. Now all of sudden they are all about travel bans. Democrat debate during the outbreak nothing about coronavirus. Trump touts chloroquine as a possible productive drug against coronavirus because scientists show it's being affective Democrats and the media go bonkers, had Democrat leaders shutting drug down in their states. Now those same leaders are asking the federal government to send them chloroquine. GOP puts together a stimulus package to help the American people. Nancy and her greedy loons use it as leverage to get a bunch of pet projects that have nothing to do with coronavirus funded. Costing us billions. Dems already announcing they want to open an investigation when this is all over. Funny they didn't give a crap when Obama promised 100 million vaccines for swine flu by October but only produced 11 million. Which led to thousands of deaths.

-So many lies. Your first paragraph can easily be filed under, “things that never happened”.

-Republicans and Democrats put their pet pieces in there at first (see Rand Paul dig in, and the Donald Trump slush fund). At least Democrats put in measures that would save us money in the long run.

-Give me facts on which governors. Again, your credibility is nil here.

-Your Obama claim is BS “fake news” as our Orangutan President likes to say: https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trumps-h1n1-swine-flu-pandemic-spin/

-What needs to be investigated is Trump using the stimulus to enrich himself from taxpayer money, since he already announced he was ignoring the oversight in the bill. He already got his charity shut down for fraud. He stole from charity. Top class loser.

-He tried so hard to downplay this, and it made ours the worst outbreak outside of China. His diddling, saying it was a hoax, claiming it would disappear, cutting the CDC, all cost lives. Congratulations, you support an incompetent fraud. I hope you feel good.

foxnews is a hell of a drug

Trump has stated that he won't even talk to Governors if they don't praise him. You don't have to be a doctor to realize that the only way to get something out of the orange dipshit is to give him compliments. He's a disgrace and was calling this a dem hoax not that long ago, so take your BS elsewhere.

You're the disgrace

-So many lies. Your first paragraph can easily be filed under, “things that never happened”.

-Republicans and Democrats put their pet pieces in there at first (see Rand Paul dig in, and the Donald Trump slush fund). At least Democrats put in measures that would save us money in the long run.

-Your Obama claim is BS “fake news” as our Orangutan President likes to say: https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trumps-h1n1-swine-flu-pandemic-spin/

-What needs to be investigated is Trump using the stimulus to enrich himself from taxpayer money, since he already announced he was ignoring the oversight in the bill. He already got his charity shut down for fraud. He stole from charity. Top class loser.

-He tried so hard to downplay this, and it made ours the worst outbreak outside of China. His diddling, saying it was a hoax, claiming it would disappear, cutting the CDC, all cost lives. Congratulations, you support an incompetent fraud. I hope you feel good.

Lol..stupid post

So much stupid in this thread. The US admin has done a 360 is recent days and, because of what they've sowed, they will reap a lot of death and sickness as a result.

Better pray for your loved ones.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes

Amen brother. These libs with trump derangement syndrome are just amazing aren't they. Just plain crazy thinking is what they are all about.

Reactions: unclesammy
So much stupid in this thread. The US admin has done a 360 is recent days and, because of what they've sowed, they will reap a lot of death and sickness as a result.

Better pray for your loved ones.

So much stupid in this post

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.me...oxychloroquine-and-chloroquine?media=AMP+HTML

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...droxychloroquine-coronavirus-malaria.amp.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/29/us/politics/29shortage.html
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=114156775

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ba...ing_the_swine_flu_v-story.html?outputType=amp

https://khn.org/morning-breakout/administration-and-swine-flu/

Reactions: unclesammy

Additionally you had left wing media outlets like the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, Buzzfeed, Vox and many others who had Dr.s and scientists on claiming Trumps travel ban against China was racist, a knee jerk reaction, xenophobic. You had the WHO announce no country should be doing travel bans. Vox came out saying this wasn't going to be a deadly pandemic right after Trump announced the travel ban. Politicians and Celebrities followed suit. Over the next two weeks other countries that were starting to see the spread in coronavirus started instituting travel bans and restrictions. The criticism went silent from the media and Democrat politicians and celebrities. Vox deleted their tweet. Then boom Covid19 took off and Democrats and their media toys changed course and started focusing their attention on the virus after it started spreading like wildfire through China, S. Korea, Europe and now here.

Get out of here with this crap Trump acted too late but Dems would have been way more prepared you Kool-Aid drinking cult follower. Covid19 is a beast and is bulldozing it's way around the world. Trump was one of the first to react and smelled the dirty crap China and the WHO were dishing out while Europe and, the US liberal media and politicians were eating the stuff up.

First, per your own link about the ONE Governor, Whitmer of Michigan:

Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey, a Clarklake Republican, told The Detroit News that he asked the governor to issue the original letter to prevent people from hoarding the drugs and thus depriving non-coronavirus patients of their medicine.

"We needed something to prevent cloroquine from becoming the next toilet paper," he told Miles. "I quickly requested of her staff that they put something out, and somehow in the translation it was prohibiting use of these drugs — and that wasn't the intent."

A close read of LARA's original March 24 letterconfirms the intent to make sure the drugs were being saved for non-coronavirus patients.

So, she didn’t “go bonkers”, she worked with Republicans who agreed they needed to save some for non-coronavirus patients. Soon after the language that made it seem a ban on the treatment was lifted. Your partisanship made you launch a misinformed attack. I would evaluate where you are getting your “news“ more critically.

Also, your own links also show that you exaggerated the swine flu shortage, there being actually more than twice what you originally claimed. Also, your link noted that this was an error of manufacturers not realizing their capacity. Not only that, but the FactCheck.org piece is worth reading again because they note many experts who noted how in the end the vaccine shortage was brief and experts rated the administration’s handling as “very well” and at worst a “B-“ grade. It also noted that H1N1 was far less dangerous or fatal than Covid-19.

If anyone wants to look at data, the University of Virginia and Johns Hopkins have some nice sites that provide good visual display. As of right now there are over 200k cases in the US and over 5000 deaths. The increase during this week has been astounding, but fortunately not quite as bad as predicted because of social distancing practices in several states. Masks would help, but ordinary citizens are discouraged from using them because of the vast shortage. We're fortunate at my local hospital in CA that we don't think we'll run out of bed space thanks to stay-in-place policies, but we may run out of ICU space (unlike the state as a whole) because we've been unable to ween COVID-19 patients off of ventilators.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Additionally you had left wing media outlets like the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, Buzzfeed, Vox and many others who had Dr.s and scientists on claiming Trumps travel ban against China was racist, a knee jerk reaction, xenophobic. You had the WHO announce no country should be doing travel bans. Vox came out saying this wasn't going to be a deadly pandemic right after Trump announced the travel ban. Politicians and Celebrities followed suit. Over the next two weeks other countries that were starting to see the spread in coronavirus started instituting travel bans and restrictions. The criticism went silent from the media and Democrat politicians and celebrities. Vox deleted their tweet. Then boom Covid19 took off and Democrats and their media toys changed course and started focusing their attention on the virus after it started spreading like wildfire through China, S. Korea, Europe and now here.

Get out of here with this crap Trump acted too late but Dems would have been way more prepared you Kool-Aid drinking cult follower. Covid19 is a beast and is bulldozing it's way around the world. Trump was one of the first to react and smelled the dirty crap China and the WHO were dishing out while Europe and, the US liberal media and politicians were eating the stuff up.

Vox NEVER said it was NOT going to be deadly. They said that the travel bans weren’t going to do any good because THEY WERE TOO LATE. Read the piece for yourself instead of listening to Rush, Hannity, or whatever garbage you get this from. Either you, or they, are bad liars:
https://www.vox.com/2020/3/12/21176669/travel-ban-trump-coronavirus-china-italy-europe

If anyone wants to look at data, the University of Virginia and Johns Hopkins have some nice sites that provide good visual display. As of right now there are over 200k cases in the US and over 5000 deaths. The increase during this week has been astounding, but fortunately not quite as bad as predicted because of social distancing practices in several states. Masks would help, but ordinary citizens are discouraged from using them because of the vast shortage. We're fortunate at my local hospital in CA that we don't think we'll run out of bed space thanks to stay-in-place policies, but we may run out of ICU space (unlike the state as a whole) because we've been unable to ween COVID-19 patients off of ventilators.

Stay safe. I was lucky enough to have a 4 left in a 5-pack of home renovation filtered masks, from when I did the demolition on our kitchen re-model. Been using that out at the store.

Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey, a Clarklake Republican, told The Detroit News that he asked the governor to issue the original letter to prevent people from hoarding the drugs and thus depriving non-coronavirus patients of their medicine.

"We needed something to prevent cloroquine from becoming the next toilet paper," he told Miles. "I quickly requested of her staff that they put something out, and somehow in the translation it was prohibiting use of these drugs — and that wasn't the intent."

A close read of LARA's original March 24 letterconfirms the intent to make sure the drugs were being saved for non-coronavirus patients.

So, she didn’t “go bonkers”, she worked with Republicans who agreed they needed to save some for non-coronavirus patients. Soon after the language that made it seem a ban on the treatment was lifted. Your partisanship made you launch a misinformed attack. I would evaluate where you are getting your “news“ more critically.

Also, your own links also show that you exaggerated the swine flu shortage, there being actually more than twice what you originally claimed. Also, your link noted that this was an error of manufacturers not realizing their capacity. Not only that, but the FactCheck.org piece is worth reading again because they note many experts who noted how in the end the vaccine shortage was brief and experts rated the administration’s handling as “very well” and at worst a “B-“ grade. It also noted that H1N1 was far less dangerous or fatal than Covid-19.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-declares-national-emergency-for-h1n1/

You're looking at produced numbers in the vaccine. Here is the CBS news story on how only 11 million made it out to the public by late October. Obama Admin projections early in the year were over 100 million. Obama had several months to oversee the production line companies it paid over a quarter of a billion dollars to produce the 100 million plus vaccines. By April 2010 only 24% of the country had received the vaccine.

H1n1 was not anywhere near as deadly as Covid19 but many questions followed Obama's response to the outbreak and the question over the thousands of deaths that happened between October and April.

Vox NEVER said it was NOT going to be deadly. They said that the travel bans weren’t going to do any good because THEY WERE TOO LATE. Read the piece for yourself instead of listening to Rush, Hannity, or whatever garbage you get this from. Either you, or they, are bad liars:
https://www.vox.com/2020/3/12/21176669/travel-ban-trump-coronavirus-china-italy-europe

They were asked during a Q&A on Twitter if this virus was going to be deadly? They said no. Vox deleted the post in March and announced it had done so. They wouldn't say which quote but many had the screenshots.

Yep they're trying to cover it up. Big blunder for them to put it out there to all state pharmacies and medical facilities.Pretty terrible leadership from the governor's office.

If only there was a board specifically designed for this.........lol
Had avoided this thread for a bit...now see it was for good reason. Way to pull together to help the country. At this point in time I don't know which is worse.... the people who blindly follow Trump and can't acknowledge any shortcomings or the other side whose only purpose it appears is to attack, attack and attack. Both sides are cursed with TDS. Neither is beneficial to help us through this process.

Let me guess, your not a Trump supporter? LOL You mention his constant failures, like what? I mean, before the CHINESE set this virus loose on the earth, we had record low unemployment, record low BLACK unemployment, markets were setting records and he was getting the wall built which he promised.........See, this is WHY you don't bring up politics on a sports forum, because at half the board is with you and half against, and your just opening up Pandora's box. I mean, I can argue politics all day long with you, but why, THIS IS A FREAKING SPORTS FORUM. And with all due respect, half the people you list on the bottom of all your posts are scumbags. LOL....So is this what you want on the Forum? If not, please drop the political bullshit. :eek: BTW, do you realize that Trumps has good poll numbers on how he has handled the Covid-19 crisis?

Stop with the politics man - this is a SPORTS FORUM.

Weird. Looks like trump inherited a strong and growing economy, which continued growing at the same pace. To give credit where credit is due, he did increase deficit spending though...

GO HAWKS!! ;)
5d7f758e2e22af10a610be85

5e271c7624306a51561e75e7

5ddd33ccfd9db2267f31a477

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT