ADVERTISEMENT

My son comes home Thursday!

Done. He has five months left on his commitment, but you get three months off after a deployment. His orders go through March, so he’s basically done. Hopes to start grad school this summer.

So where does he go for his last 2 months of his commitment? State-side base?

Poland huh? Do you where the Poles hide their armies? In their little sleevies of course!

Poland huh? Do you where the Poles hide their armies? In their little sleevies of course!
giphy.gif

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
He’s been deployed to a NATO base in Poland since March, and he’s finally got his flight scheduled for home. It’s going to be great to have the whole family together again!

/csb
Enjoy!
I still remember the day my middle son came home from Afghanistan (and Kuwait/Iraq) like it was yesterday. As good of a day as the day my sons were born healthy.

He’s been deployed to a NATO base in Poland since March, and he’s finally got his flight scheduled for home. It’s going to be great to have the whole family together again!

/csb
CSB, indeed.

Reactions: Moral
They get the front parking spot at Lowes too. I really regret spending my years after HS partying. What did it get me? To the back of the parking lot and paying for my own Applebees.
I am just learning about this with Lowes. Any other places give discounts like that? Also, does the parking spot go only to active duty or also veterans?

I am just learning about this with Lowes. Any other places give discounts like that? Also, does the parking spot go only to active duty or also veterans?
Well, the parking spots say "veteran parking only", but I can't imagine someone getting into a pissing match if an active duty person parked there. If they were to raise a fuss, they'd earn whatever may come their way.

https://www.bradsdeals.com/blog/military-discounts

Well, the parking spots say "veteran parking only", but I can't imagine someone getting into a pissing match if an active duty person parked there. If they were to raise a fuss, they'd earn whatever may come their way.
I was in the USAF for 4 years before the Iraq war. Flew a desk in Boston for 4 years. Technically I am a veteran but would feel sheepish about using the space as I am not a veteran of a war.

I was in the USAF for 4 years before the Iraq war. Flew a desk in Boston for 4 years. Technically I am a veteran but would feel sheepish about using the space as I am not a veteran of a war.
It makes no distinction. I don't know that I've ever seen one that does. The Lowes is the exact one below.

images

Reactions: Tenacious E
It makes no distinction. I don't know that I've ever seen one that does. The Lowes is the exact one below.

images
Huh. I looked and see you can special veteran plates and driver's license in Iowa and all that is needed (applicable to me) is a DD214 showing honorable discharge and active duty. I might have to follow up on this if I can get some perks...

Reactions: PerkyForHerky
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT