ADVERTISEMENT

My Tax Increase....what do Republicans know that my tax guy doesn’t?

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
I asked my “solid Republican tax man” about this and he told me he knew nothing about it. I told him I see this “tax increase” coming my way in the many (Republican) political ads featured here locally....He told me that these ads aren’t really telling the truth!
Well, color me shocked! Republicans lying about higher taxes! Who’d have thunk it? Can any of my Republican friends in HROT tell me where this tax increase is coming from?

I asked my “solid Republican tax man” about this and he told me he knew nothing about it. I told him I see this “tax increase” coming my way in the many (Republican) political ads featured here locally....He told me that these ads aren’t really telling the truth!
Well, color me shocked! Republicans lying about higher taxes! Who’d have thunk it? Can any of my Republican friends in HROT tell me where this tax increase is coming from?
Reminds me of that commercial of pushing granny over a cliff.

Reminds me of that commercial of pushing granny over a cliff.
Dems are so desperate they have pulled out the "Republicans are going to take away Social Security" lie once again. Sadly, there are idiots who actually still fall for this.

Reactions: DyerHawk
Dems are so desperate they have pulled out the "Republicans are going to take away Social Security" lie once again. Sadly, there are idiots who actually still fall for this.
So what does an “annual review” of the program as talked about last week by the House Minority Leader mean then, 83? Republicans have tried to end SS all my 73 years.....that is what Republicans do! (That and MediCare)

Thanks Rick and Keven and the AH in Wisconsin.

Don’t kid yourself, there are plenty of their politicians that would vote to get rid of it as it is viewed as big government. If Republicans are in control, they may not get rid of it, but would slowly gut it. They would do this by not increasing the benefit, and allowing the premiums to rise, year after year. They will claim they are making it “solvent” while giving many breaks to the wealthy all at the same time. They thrive by slowly gutting the working/middle class. Unfortunately, many in this class are too dumb to realize it.

Don’t kid yourself, there are plenty of their politicians that would vote to get rid of it as it is viewed as big government. If Republicans are in control, they may not get rid of it, but would slowly gut it. They would do this by not increasing the benefit, and allowing the premiums to rise, year after year. They will claim they are making it “solvent” while giving many breaks to the wealthy all at the same time. They thrive by slowly gutting the working/middle class. Unfortunately, many in this class are too dumb to realize it.
Never ever trust a lying con when they tell you they are helping you.

So what does an “annual review” of the program as talked about last week by the House Minority Leader mean then, 83? Republicans have tried to end SS all my 73 years.....that is what Republicans do! (That and MediCare)
Wrong.

Wrong.

I have not seen the commercials you've referenced (FL Republican ads mostly are built around supporting DeSanis in his culture wars.
My best guess would be that the ads are built around some tax cuts that are scheduled to expire in 2025.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT