ADVERTISEMENT

My Thoughts on Brian as OC for Life

FireBrianFerentz

Scout Team
Sep 17, 2022
I suffer from a cruel disease.

Every year, I believe this could be the year. It could actually be the year where Iowa's offense could perform great and we win 10+ games going down swinging in any loss. At this point I don't have any confidence in BF, yet I still find myself hoping the O will finally click. That last year was a result of bad players, and the moves we made in the portal will spark absolute improvement.

When BF was originally hired, I supported the move. We all knew him being Kirk's son fast tracked him there, yet it would have been awesome for him to be a great coach. We would have been set up for unparalleled coaching stability and program identity.

Yet at what point is keeping him an OC an abuse of the program and fans? They say they're taking accountability, yet dead last, reputation harming execution would certainly have greater consequences for all of us in our various positions.

I do believe Kirk and BF may truly think they're on the cusp of a complete turnaround. Yet last year was not an isolated fluke. Unfortunately, it was simply the continuance of a trend. The offensive performance and scoring has been on a steady March down year over year under BF. This is another reason there should have been real accountability.

Well Go Hawks! Just bc I believe BF deserves to be fired doesn't mean I don't root for the team every day. Some people on here seem to have trouble grasping that.

Meme Reaction GIF

OC for Life???

I suffer from a cruel disease.

Every year, I believe this could be the year. It could actually be the year where Iowa's offense could perform great and we win 10+ games going down swinging in any loss. At this point I don't have any confidence in BF, yet I still find myself hoping the O will finally click. That last year was a result of bad players, and the moves we made in the portal will spark absolute improvement.

When BF was originally hired, I supported the move. We all knew him being Kirk's son fast tracked him there, yet it would have been awesome for him to be a great coach. We would have been set up for unparalleled coaching stability and program identity.

Yet at what point is keeping him an OC an abuse of the program and fans? They say they're taking accountability, yet dead last, reputation harming execution would certainly have greater consequences for all of us in our various positions.

I do believe Kirk and BF may truly think they're on the cusp of a complete turnaround. Yet last year was not an isolated fluke. Unfortunately, it was simply the continuance of a trend. The offensive performance and scoring has been on a steady March down year over year under BF. This is another reason there should have been real accountability.

Well Go Hawks! Just bc I believe BF deserves to be fired doesn't mean I don't root for the team every day. Some people on here seem to have trouble grasping that.
Your opinion is so unique and valuable it demanded a new thread apart from the twelve other Brian Ferentz threads on the first page of this forum. I was losing sleep wondering how you might react to the latest development..... I wondered, will FireBrianFerentz react negatively to Kirk's decision to not fire Brian? Thanks for the update and clarification!

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Your opinion is so unique and valuable it demanded a new thread apart from the twelve other Brian Ferentz threads on the first page of this forum. I was losing sleep wondering how you might react to the latest development..... I wondered, will FireBrianFerentz react negatively to Kirk's decision to not fire Brian? Thanks for the update and clarification!
The good news is you decided to respond(as I did) keeping this thread alive instead of just letting it sink to the bottom.
My PSA on message boards is complete. Carry on.

I did like the extreme sarcasm.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
Iowa fans would be much happier if they just supported their team and didn’t worry so much about what other fans think of their program. No other college football fan base will ever consider Iowa football anything more than a solid team. It might be different if Iowa continued on the trajectory it started 2002-2004 (20 years ago, holy cow!!) and eventually got over the hump from really good to great, but they couldn’t make the leap. With the ultra soft schedule in 2023 Iowa should be able to finish 8-5 again.

The upcoming racism trial could be a significant distraction, at least for the coaches.

Reactions: WaterlooChazz
I think the OP’s message was that he is getting his hopes up again with the new players. One thing is certain, KF is doubling down with the new players and there will be no excuse next year should the offense sucks. They tried to fill the gaps and if these players don’t pan out it is on them for failing to get the ones they needed. Let the chips fall…

Reactions: FatBrian4Prez
Iowa fans would be much happier if they just supported their team and didn’t worry so much about what other fans think of their program. No other college football fan base will ever consider Iowa football anything more than a solid team. It might be different if Iowa continued on the trajectory it started 2002-2004 (20 years ago, holy cow!!) and eventually got over the hump from really good to great, but they couldn’t make the leap. With the ultra soft schedule in 2023 Iowa should be able to finish 8-5 again.

The upcoming racism trial could be a significant distraction, at least for the coaches.
The issue this fan has is the program is being held back by an inept OC that is in over his head and has the job only because he is KFs son. Gets paid nearly a million bucks to underachieve. With an average offense with our spectacular SP and dee Iowa would easily be a top 10 program. But Barta is perfectly happy with this. I'm not asking for the best BIG offense,no one is. We just want a competent OC at his job that can make this an avg offense.

The issue this fan has is the program is being held back by an inept OC that is in over his head and has the job only because he is KFs son. Gets paid nearly a million bucks to underachieve. With an average offense with our spectacular SP and dee Iowa would easily be a top 10 program. But Barta is perfectly happy with this. I'm not asking for the best BIG offense,no one is. We just want a competent OC at his job that can make this an avg offense.
But it was the players fault. They win most of the time when they score a lot….. it was a double middle finger from KF and Barta.
Hey KF, you are responsible for getting players. Struggling to do that on the offensive side? I can only wonder why…..

Reactions: FatBrian4Prez
Don't feed the Nebbie troll.

I think the OP’s message was that he is getting his hopes up again with the new players. One thing is certain, KF is doubling down with the new players and there will be no excuse next year should the offense sucks. They tried to fill the gaps and if these players don’t pan out it is on them for failing to get the ones they needed. Let the chips fall…
No excuses next year? Ya right, and if they run out of excuses they just pretend that there is nothing wrong.

If next year’s offense isn’t much better (at least 80th) then they both should be fired…and Barta too
I agree with you, but what are the chances of that happening? If things go south for the offense next season you know damn well there will be plenty of excuses, there always are. It will never be dad or the golden boys fault.

I agree with you, but what are the chances of that happening? If things go south for the offense next season you know damn well there will be plenty of excuses, there always are. It will never be dad or the golden boys fault.
They got some heat from fans and media this year. Next year if the same results and nothing happens then we should empty the seats…

the only time you will see change is when KF rides into the sunset. Accept it or not, that’s the reality of it. The more people accept this the more happy they will be.

Part of why I made the thread was to explain the entire context of many of us who think BF should've been fired by now.

Bc there are plenty of times where people on this board act surprised or derisive anytime I say anything positivie/supportive about the program or its coaches.

You don't have to care about my opinion ofc.

Part of why I made the thread was to explain the entire context of many of us who think BF should've been fired by now.

Bc there are plenty of times where people on this board act surprised or derisive anytime I say anything positivie/supportive about the program or its coaches.

You don't have to care about my opinion ofc.
stupid thread, just what we needed another post about Brian Ferentz.

No excuses next year? Ya right, and if they run out of excuses they just pretend that there is nothing wrong.
What would Kirks legacy be if he were in the East and he played one non conference team with a pulse. On three of his biggest stages, USC ran his best team out of the stadium in the 2nd half. Then their 12 and 0 team goes to the Rose Bowl and is smacked down 35 to 0 at the half. Last getting smashed by 40 to three in the Big 10 Championship Game against Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT