ADVERTISEMENT

My Tiger Woods theory

ericram

HR Heisman
Nov 5, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
So I have been watching the documentary on hbo. The interviews are fascinating. The rise and fall of his life was spectacular.

I also have been listening to the audio book from Anthony Bourdain called Medium Raw. On chapter he talks about driving home to his bungalow in St. Martin. As he drove he listened to this radio station that sometimes played good/great songs mixed with random terrible songs. He would play a form of Russian roulette. As he drove he would let fate decide whether he grabbed the wheel at the last minute or plunged off the cliff into the ocean and rocks below. As we know he survived but based on the next song that came on the radio is what "saved" him at that time. We all know his story did not end well later.

Anyway, the accident report said Tiger was going 84 miles an hour. Windy road and did not hit the brakes. I am think he just wanted a way out. What saved him was the safety features of the vehicle he was driving.

What say you all?

As plausible as anything else. To go from where he was at his peak to where he ended was - as you said - a spectacular fall...and a shame. It has to mess with his mind. At his best, he would have beaten any golfer who ever lived at least 6 out of 10 times.

As plausible as anything else. To go from where he was at his peak to where he ended was - as you said - a spectacular fall...and a shame. It has to mess with his mind. At his best, he would have beaten any golfer who ever lived at least 6 out of 10 times.
I actually feel somewhat bad for him as his father basically created him, but I also feel bad for the golfers he beat on his streak. They had no chance to win or beat him during that time.

It seems that often - incredibly talented people have incredible demons.

It might be the sense of invincibility you get when your are the best in the world at something.

Reactions: Red Hills Nole
I think he would have a better chance of returning in the Ben Hogan era vs now where the swing requires brute strength. I don't think that is physically possible with his leg injuries plus age. But if anyone can do it, he can. I wonder how he is handling painkillers.

e6dae965-e4ef-4027-8086-83f69d5217cd-022421-tiger-woods-leg-injury_injury.png

f34d81b8-3a23-45b6-8153-22776bd23fbf-022421-tiger-woods-leg-injury_surgery.png

Reactions: ericram
So I have been watching the documentary on hbo. The interviews are fascinating. The rise and fall of his life was spectacular.

I also have been listening to the audio book from Anthony Bourdain called Medium Raw. On chapter he talks about driving home to his bungalow in St. Martin. As he drove he listened to this radio station that sometimes played good/great songs mixed with random terrible songs. He would play a form of Russian roulette. As he drove he would let fate decide whether he grabbed the wheel at the last minute or plunged off the cliff into the ocean and rocks below. As we know he survived but based on the next song that came on the radio is what "saved" him at that time. We all know his story did not end well later.

Anyway, the accident report said Tiger was going 84 miles an hour. Windy road and did not hit the brakes. I am think he just wanted a way out. What saved him was the safety features of the vehicle he was driving.

What say you all?
Bourdain keeps coming up on different threads & articles. Somebody was claiming he pissed off the illuminati and got himself offed.

Not sure the connection between Bourdain & Tiger, except maybe a suicide angle.

It could be what the police report said. Tiger hit the gas pedal instead of the brakes after already driving too fast.

Hard for me to believe somebody who was arguably the mentally toughest athlete on the planet in his 20's & 30's is now trying to end it all. A cry for help?

What say you all?

Didn't he hit a curb and then start flipping? I think if you want to go out you go straight into wall or tree. Its more likely that he fell asleep from painkillers

I think he would have a better chance of returning in the Ben Hogan era vs now where the swing requires brute strength. I don't think that is physically possible with his leg injuries plus age. But if anyone can do it, he can. I wonder how he is handling painkillers.

e6dae965-e4ef-4027-8086-83f69d5217cd-022421-tiger-woods-leg-injury_injury.png

f34d81b8-3a23-45b6-8153-22776bd23fbf-022421-tiger-woods-leg-injury_surgery.png
And he just had another lumber surgery before the accident. The pain he has is substantial and I just can't see him going as hard as he does in that body.

Didn't he hit a curb and then start flipping? I think if you want to go out you go straight into wall or tree. Its more likely that he fell asleep from painkillers
I think the report says he was not impaired. No drugs in his system. Maybe it was just he was playing on his phone but if he didn't hit the brake as the report says, it seems he just gave up.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
Bourdain keeps coming up on different threads & articles. Somebody was claiming he pissed off the illuminati and got himself offed.

Not sure the connection between Bourdain & Tiger, except maybe a suicide angle.

It could be what the police report said. Tiger hit the gas pedal instead of the brakes after already driving too fast.

Hard for me to believe somebody who was arguably the mentally toughest athlete on the planet in his 20's & 30's is now trying to end it all. A cry for help?
Watching the documentary shows how much he has had to deal with. Some self inflicted. No matter how mentally strong he seems publicly, in private he was completely different.

Records show that Tiger had an appointment with two well-known
athletes that morning at the golf course. He was running late and
tried to compensate by driving too fast. So he has an accident due
to speeding. The theory that he was at the end of his rope with no
hope and wanted to end it all is......pure fantasy.

Highly recommend the book tiger woods by Jeff Benedict and Armen kateyan (spelling?)

His parents intentionally raised a humanoid. Their goal was never to raise a healthy well balanced child/human being. But to develop the most dominant golfer ever.

They succeeded greatly in ways and failed spectacularly in other ways.

I've felt many ways about tiger in my life but ultimately I see him like a Brittany Spears type. A fame/ money machine for others to use vicariously. And I feel pretty bad for tiger.

I think the report says he was not impaired. No drugs in his system. Maybe it was just he was playing on his phone but if he didn't hit the brake as the report says, it seems he just gave up.
Did they actually test him for drugs? I honestly didn't follow it much because watching him play is one of my favorite sport things.

He crashed at ~7:30am. My guess is that he fell asleep at the wheel after a long night/not getting enough sleep, then woke up after hitting the curb and accidentally hit the gas instead of the break pedal.

Didn’t they say he never hit brakes?

wasn’t it also reported there was an unlabeled pill bottle found?

it wouldn’t surprise me if he is hooked on pain killers and that was a huge factor in the accident. If prince can get hooked on opioids so can Riger who has had a lot of surgeries and back issues.

I think it is a terrible theory to be honest

The sex scandal happened 11+ years ago and he had arguably his 2nd most meaningful win since that time. The look on his face when he celebrated in 2019 with his kids, Mom and girlfriend did not seem like a guy that was still hurting from his "fall from grace".
If this was 2011, maybe but I think this was a case of someone trying to get to a meeting, driving to fast and had an accident

My guess is he was in a sporty new and unfamiliar vehicle on a curvy road where it’s fun to drive a little fast, except he went a lot fast and misjudged something.
Interesting point. While a new car like the genesis is nice, surely it would not handle las well as a Mercedes or BMW. Maybe he pushed the car beyond it’s capability. I know woods was driving a Mercedes when he got pulled over in Jupiter.

Same for Clemson football.

Records show that Tiger had an appointment with two well-known
athletes that morning at the golf course. He was running late and
tried to compensate by driving too fast. So he has an accident due
to speeding. The theory that he was at the end of his rope with no
hope and wanted to end it all is......pure fantasy.
Occam’s Razor.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I think he returns to the 150th British Open at St. Andrews in 2022 and wins.
He's going to be lucky to be able to walk without a cane. He's not going to be able to swing a golf club with any kind of force ever again.

What say you all?
Tiger has substance abuse issues or underlying health issues not suicidal ideations.

When his Dr. got busted in the Balco scandal look at how much Tiger shrunk. That is also about the time his game started to fade.

Find some old videos of him. The dude was jacked for awhile.

It’s more likely he was driving 85 and saw a hot girl walking her dog. He turned his head to look at her ass and lost control of the vehicle.

I think it is a terrible theory to be honest

The sex scandal happened 11+ years ago and he had arguably his 2nd most meaningful win since that time. The look on his face when he celebrated in 2019 with his kids, Mom and girlfriend did not seem like a guy that was still hurting from his "fall from grace".
If this was 2011, maybe but I think this was a case of someone trying to get to a meeting, driving to fast and had an accident

Yeah, I think people are trying too hard here. There’s never been any reported mental issues to indicate suicidal tendencies or anything like that.
He's going to be lucky to be able to walk without a cane. He's not going to be able to swing a golf club with any kind of force ever again.

This is partly why I was so glad to see him win the masters two years ago. All time great, I wanted to see him have one last weekend of greatness. Once he started to breakdown physically I stopped thinking he would catch Jack, I just wanted to see peak Tiger one more time.

Considering he was “high” as hell a couple days before on live TV, there was a pill bottle found in the car, and he has no memory of any of the crash details... I’ll let you guys figure it out.

When his Dr. got busted in the Balco scandal look at how much Tiger shrunk. That is also about the time his game started to fade.

Find some old videos of him. The dude was jacked for awhile.
Absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was juicing. Probably why his body is falling apart.

Didn’t they say he never hit brakes?

wasn’t it also reported there was an unlabeled pill bottle found?

it wouldn’t surprise me if he is hooked on pain killers and that was a huge factor in the accident. If prince can get hooked on opioids so can Riger who has had a lot of surgeries and back issues.
Prince, Tom Petty, Michael Jackson and Elvis all got hooked on pain killers and died young.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT