ADVERTISEMENT

My turn for an "Am I the a---hole?" thread . . .

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
We have a janitor where I work who comes into everyone's offices late in the afternoon to empty garbage cans, etc.

About two weeks ago, I came into my office in the morning and noticed that although he had emptied the can, he had not put in a new plastic liner. We don't have access to the custodial supply area during the day, so I was unable to replace it myself (which I'd totally do, I'm not some snob who thinks I'm too good for that). So I made sure to dump any food stuff, used kleenex or anything else that might be wet, odorous or gross into the lined garbage bag in the breakroom instead, not wanting to make my can gross. When I saw the janitor that evening, I politely said "Hey, can you make sure the liner gets replaced in my garbage can in the future, so I can use it for food/kleenex etc.?" He said sure, and it was good.

Last week, it happened again. Came in in the morning, can emptied, but no liner. Once again, I did not put anything gross/wet/etc. into the can. Once again asked him to PLEASE make sure to replace the liner.

So then this morning, once again -- can emptied, no liner. So today, I said f---k it and have been putting dirty kleenex, an empty yogurt cup and other crap in it. I know it's going to make extra work for him but it's really his fault for not completing the simple task of replacing the liner, right? I figure if he can't learn from me politely asking, I have no other option to go to other the "tough love" route.

So, HORT, I ask: AITA?

1t2L.gif

My allergies suck!

And cocaine.
My initial assumption was COVID and fapping.

Followup question - what kind of place are you working where they have to keep janitorial supplies locked up?

Hey everyone, my name is torbee and I make janitors lives harder because I’m an asshole.

Really tho, prick move

Reactions: torbee
Hey everyone, my name is torbee and I make janitors lives harder because I’m an asshole.

Really tho, prick move
He's making my life harder because his laziness forces me to leave the office every time I blow my nose or eat a snack! I don't know if you know this, but I'm kind of a big deal around here . . .

I'd just ask him where liners are real quick while you've got him there, ask to grab 10 of them and store them in your bottom drawer. Maybe that will provide the add'l kick in the arse to get it done next time.

Last edited:
If a trash bag is going to make or break your day go buy a 2 dollar roll and do it yourself.

This is ridiculous. First off, that isn't his job. It is beneath him and for the garbage people. You also want him to bring in his own supplies like a lowly public school teacher? I mean by the time he drives to get the bags, brings them back, and has to find space to store them at work, and having to install the bag onto an empty trash can, I believe we are talking about thousands of dollars in lost productivity.

When the CEO witnesses this work loss he will likely clean house of the whole custodial staff. Then they have to interview again for all custodial positions. The lost man hours at this point could be into the hundred, meanwhile there is trash everywhere because there is no working garbage people.

Maybe the garbage person should just into the bag on the trash can. If you know what I mean. ;)

Reactions: JWolf74 and torbee
Ask him where he keeps the liner’s and grab a bunch.

Stay off the janitors shit list…you don’t want to be on a janitors shit list.

and no…but you’re playing with fire

Reactions: torbee
We have a janitor where I work who comes into everyone's offices late in the afternoon to empty garbage cans, etc.

About two weeks ago, I came into my office in the morning and noticed that although he had emptied the can, he had not put in a new plastic liner. We don't have access to the custodial supply area during the day, so I was unable to replace it myself (which I'd totally do, I'm not some snob who thinks I'm too good for that). So I made sure to dump any food stuff, used kleenex or anything else that might be wet, odorous or gross into the lined garbage bag in the breakroom instead, not wanting to make my can gross. When I saw the janitor that evening, I politely said "Hey, can you make sure the liner gets replaced in my garbage can in the future, so I can use it for food/kleenex etc.?" He said sure, and it was good.

Last week, it happened again. Came in in the morning, can emptied, but no liner. Once again, I did not put anything gross/wet/etc. into the can. Once again asked him to PLEASE make sure to replace the liner.

So then this morning, once again -- can emptied, no liner. So today, I said f---k it and have been putting dirty kleenex, an empty yogurt cup and other crap in it. I know it's going to make extra work for him but it's really his fault for not completing the simple task of replacing the liner, right? I figure if he can't learn from me politely asking, I have no other option to go to other the "tough love" route.

So, HORT, I ask: AITA?
Lotta wet Kleenex in this post. Maybe stop fapping at work Torbs?

you must have managed to never have clicked one of his threads with a titillating title that’s instead populated with ED inducing content …

Ugh, I hate erectile dysfunction. Torbee shouldn’t post that sort of content.

• Haha
Reactions: desihawk
So, are the other trash cans in the office getting liners when emptied? And if so, are there timely opportunities to do the ol' switcheroo of cans so someone else can suffer?

Also, you can at opportune moments empty your can into someone else's (assuming you have a liner) - so when the custodian sees yours is empty, he doesn't touch it.

But otherwise, yeah. You need to find the stash of liners and grab a handful.

The janitor wants your office to smell like a trash can and it will soon if you keep throwing gross crap in your trash can.

Good luck?

ADVERTISEMENT