ADVERTISEMENT

****N Carolina A&T vs Iowa Game Thread****

Didn't get to see the game, only the box. On paper, Pat did well. How'd he look for those that were able to watch? More energy this time?

In non-conference play during the regular season, the total has gone over in 16 of the last 18 for Iowa [15 of 16 at home].

The average total for those games was 151.5. Iowa averages 93 in these games, and opponents 70.

O/U for this one is 156. Play the Over

-----------------------------------------------------

For those that like sides instead of totals, Iowa is 17-5 ATS as a home favorite vs nonconference teams since 2019-2020. These are not small numbers either, the average spread for those games was [-20.5]. The spread in this game is Iowa -24, and the 3 losses ATS were larger numbers greater than [-27], and they didn't miss those by much. Another loss ATS was to a North Florida team that was a 21-game winner in 2019 and would have been an NCAA tournament team had they held it that year if it weren't for COVID.
Hopefully you followed one or both of these and made some money~

Reactions: PNW_Hawk
Didn't get to see the game, only the box. On paper, Pat did well. How'd he look for those that were able to watch? More energy this time?
Very active in the first half. Second half I got pulled away by a sick kid but the starters also didn't play a huge number of minutes after they came out of the break on fire.

Attended the game (only one for this season since I live out of state).

While I’m a cynic, have to admit I was very impressed seeing Kris Murray in person. He makes plays look easy, really smooth.

Rebounding will be an issue in conference games. Defense was better than I expected, including Sandfort at guard.

I was also impressed with the Iowa pep band. They are better than in other years that I’ve attended a game.

It's really irritating to see games advertised as BTN+ while there are 3 unused BTN overflow channels in my subscription guide.

Although, evidently the game didn't show up as on BTN+ either.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Dasonte has to shield the ball better on his layups. The difference between him and Ahron around the rim was noticeable. His talent level and vision are really good right now, but it doesn’t mean much without some end product.

He’s kind of where I was at with Ahron a year or two ago. A really talented player with the ball that maybe needs some time to figure things out.

Only seven assists tonight for A&T. A continuation from Monday, but more individual breakdowns in this game generally. Pat is frustrating here, but he’s not alone.

Filip hasn’t taken a three yet this year in three games. That will have to change at some point. I don’t question his skill around the basket against good matchups.

It's really irritating to see games advertised as BTN+ while there are 3 unused BTN overflow channels in my subscription guide.

I couldn't find it either to start with and then after bitching I went to the top of the Home page and clicked on schedule and found it that way. Half the first half was over by then..

Filip hasn’t taken a three yet this year in three games. That will have to change at some point. I don’t question his skill around the basket against good matchups.
It will?

Didn't see the game last night and I don't remember from game 1 - but does even go out to the ring in the offense?

Anyway, another weapon on the outside would be great.

You have to pay $10 to get the quality Jess Settles commentary

he was very aggressive driving the ball and taking the open 3. He was making attempts to rebound as well, which he needs to do. He is really good on the break.

Reactions: jasonrann
By the way, Little Larry's hair plugs are starting to grow and the hair is coming in nicely. Gives him the appearance of being perhaps 1/8" taller, which he really needs. He was all smiles and jokes last night and never went to the monitor even once, which might be a new record for him. Even called a technical for flopping. Maybe his lawsuit and firing wised him up a little.

When was the last time we had 3 guards that could get into the lane off the dribble? Ulis, Bowen, Perkins
We can only complain about their not finishing at the rim if they get there in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonrann
Pat had a nice night because he was allowed to run free.
But go ask Thad Matta what a B1G team can do when a player, say a Peter Jok, doesn’t particularly like a physical game.

Reactions: oldgold22001
Didn't see the game. Since they played a few more minutes, how did the back up centers look? In the after game, Fran said Mulvey "is getting closer". I guess I'm looking for anything from those two as a big positive moving forward. The rest of the team can compete with the other contenders in the B1G. Also will be very important for next year, after Rebraca and Kris move on, leaving us with a freshman on the inside.

I was at the game. Patrick definitely seemed like he had a lot more energy and from the get-go. In the first half, they were sloppy when the bench came in and not playing very good D and when the Starters came in with about 5 minutes left in first half, they turned if on and rolled the rest of the game.

Sandfort really had a nice floor game all around.

I've always gone for the BTN+ subscription for the Iowa games and the quality has really improved over the years. This year, however, I would have had to pay for two months and I decided to go the radio route as I usually listen to the radio anyways while recording the game for watching later. The money isn't the issue. I just don't appreciate the way the BTN treats the fans. Most of these games could be shoehorned in somewhere, so it just feels like a money grab.

ADVERTISEMENT